PDA

View Full Version : Multiday Pass 14 Day Limit -- When Was this Instituted?

CloakedGuy
09-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Greetings, all...

I just made my semiannual trip to Disneyland a few weeks ago, and was generally excited to see SOME work being done (finally). 2005 looks like an exciting year for the happiest place on earth...

But, I have a question/concern/whiney complaint.

When I went to buy a new 3 day pass, I was told that all multiday passes currently being sold -must- be used within a 14 day time frame. The last time I purchased a pass (last fall), the three days could be used at any point within a 2 year stretch, which made the ticket a lot more useful to me. With a 14 day restriction, it really makes little sense to purchase a multiday pass... I won't be visiting Disneyland that many days on a single trip, and thus I lose the savings of the multi-day pass.

My questions are twofold...

First, WHEN was the ticket changed from a 2 year usage period to a 14 day period?

Second, it there any way at all to buy a "traditional" Disneyland multiday pass anymore? Failing that, any way to get three one day park hopper tickets for a total of $130?

Susan L
09-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Well, I don't know if this helps at all but, we always get our hopper tickets with the package we get for our vacations through AAA. The hopper tickets did not have a 2 year extend period. However, they did give you I believe it was a 3 month period which you had to use up your days.

SCUBAbe
09-06-2004, 08:41 AM
when my co-worker went last christmas they got the 2 year limit on their hoppers. They also told her they wouldn't be offerig them anymore. I guess that was the selling oint, "so get them now"...LOL"

experiment626
09-06-2004, 09:02 AM
I have always purchased my hoppers in advance at AAA and they have always been good for two weeks. Actually I can remember back in I think 1996 when they we got our first multiday "Flex" passes it was 5 days good for 7 days.

NorCalDisney
09-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Yet another cost-cutting measure that makes me angry. I have some Park Hoppers from last November that are good until '05. I count on using leftover passes as an incentive to return... or I should say--used to. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. Bad decision on their part.

JeffG
09-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I believe the 2-year expiration time on the multi-day passes was actually a fairly short-lived experiment last year. The 2-week expiration date was the standard at Disneyland for many years and they must have decided it was the more effective deal for them.

-Jeff

NorCalDisney
09-06-2004, 11:00 AM
I believe the 2-year expiration time on the multi-day passes was actually a fairly short-lived experiment last year. The 2-week expiration date was the standard at Disneyland for many years and they must have decided it was the more effective deal for them.

-Jeff

Didn't know that... I'm new to CA and just went to DL last year for the first time. At WDW, the tickets never expire.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-06-2004, 01:43 PM
From what I understood once the passes are used, they have to be used within 14 days, but if you buy them and don't use them then they are good for 1yr or 2yrs, whatever it is.
Example, you buy a 3 day park hopper and use it on October 1, then you must use the next 2 days of it within 14 days of October 1. Does that make sense?

NorCalDisney
09-06-2004, 02:37 PM
From what I understood once the passes are used, they have to be used within 14 days, but if you buy them and don't use them then they are good for 1yr or 2yrs, whatever it is.
Example, you buy a 3 day park hopper and use it on October 1, then you must use the next 2 days of it within 14 days of October 1. Does that make sense?

I got it. At WDW, the unused portion of passes also doesn't expire. I didn't realize it was different for DL until this thread. Thanks.

sami869
09-07-2004, 02:39 PM
I thought the time they had to be used depended on where you bought your tickets (off the website, at the disney store, from AAA or at the gates), am I wrong?