PDA

View Full Version : DCA rope drop?

Mermaid
09-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I tried searching this and only came up with info on the Disneyland version. I will be at the park Dec 2-4 and wanted to do DCA for one day. Do they do a rope drop, or do they just open the gates at 10:00AM? Thanks!

Niwel
09-05-2004, 08:23 PM
As far as I can tell, they only open the gates ... although someone who has been there recently for opening might know differently. (I usually hop over there 45 minutes after it opens.)

SCUBAbe
09-05-2004, 09:08 PM
I've seen ropes up before. When we stayed at the GCH hotel we went in before the park was open and I saw the ropes being taken down. There wasn't a cermony or anything. One of the most annoying things I saw was at DL the last time we went. They had this whole production of choosing a family, taking their pictures, and having them yell something out to open the park. It was sooo lame....and NOT entertaining at all...

ArthurBang
09-05-2004, 10:25 PM
This summer it was a little different because of McDonald's early entry at DCA but that's over now.

Here's how it normally works. DCA always opens a half hour before the park officially does. So normally you can come into the park at 9:30. The entry plaza stores are open, and I think you can go into Condor Flats to ride Soarin.

Hollywood, I believe, is now open early as well. There is a rope that keeps you from going South into the Bug's Land, PP from the entrance. There is another rope that stops you from going past GRR from Condor Flats. Both of those ropes drop at the opening announcment.

Maus
09-06-2004, 09:02 AM
When I was there for McDonald's early opening in July we walked back down Hollywood Blvd towards the entrance at park opening. Cast Members (with a rope) were leading the crowd to Tower of Terror--I guess to keep them from running.

Mermaid
09-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks! I am very excited for our trip and want to make the most of the parks when they are open!!!