PDA

View Full Version : BLAST Opens Thursday at DCA!

Disney Fan Matt
11-18-2001, 09:07 PM
Here is something interesting.
I went to the DL resort today, and in the DCA map it had a showtime listed for Blast! at the Hyperion Theatre.

Thursday: 1:45, 3:15, 5:15, 7:15.

These are the showtimes.
The map is only good until thursday, so I assume it will continue afterwards.

Julie
11-18-2001, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to seeing it. From what I've heard those are going to be the same showtimes for the upcoming weekend as well. :)

AIRLINE
11-18-2001, 09:27 PM
Accoridng to the D/L website, the BLAST is playing everyday, except for Tuesday.

See: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?StartMonth=11&StartDay=22&StartYear=2001&Stay=10&DCA=DCA&submit.x=67&submit.y=5

Ralph Wiggum
11-20-2001, 01:21 PM
One of the other disney websites(dont remember which one) had video of the show. I didnt watch all of it because i didnt want to ruin it but it looked really good. It's only 7 mins long though according to the website. Ah well, its quality, not quantity :)

JeffG
11-20-2001, 05:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they did a short preview of the show at the LuminAria press event last week. The full show was still in rehearsals so they decided to only do one or two segments. The video on the other site was likely of that preview.

I'm pretty sure that the actual show will be 30 minutes or so.

-Jeff

bandboy1985
11-20-2001, 07:52 PM
yup- blast is an amazing show with over 10 numbers, and i believe it's broadway run was longer than 7 minutes...;) so they may select or alternate numbers, as doing the same routine seven times a day can become very sequential and numbing... and all the numbers are great and totally performance-worthy, i'm going to go, and more than once to see for myself! :)

SueKruse
11-20-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by JeffG
If I'm not mistaken, they did a short preview of the show at the LuminAria press event last week. The full show was still in rehearsals so they decided to only do one or two segments. The video on the other site was likely of that preview.

I'm pretty sure that the actual show will be 30 minutes or so.

-Jeff

I was at the press event and saw the Blast preview. At that point the cast had only been rehearsing together for two days. They were pretty amazing.

They are sort of like the Magic Kingdom Corps on crack (and I mean that in a good way). I didn't think I'd like the show. I was wrong. And while it's not something I'll see incessantly, I'm pretty sure just about everyone will enjoy it and that it should be a hit.

Matterhorn Fan
11-21-2001, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by SueKruse
They are sort of like the Magic Kingdom Corps on crack (and I mean that in a good way). I didn't think I'd like the show. I was wrong. And while it's not something I'll see incessantly, I'm pretty sure just about everyone will enjoy it and that it should be a hit.
So what is this show, exactly? (I gotta admit I don't know what the Magic Kingdom Corps is--nor what they would be like on crack.) So are they musicians? Dancers? Singers? Is the music canned or live (Disney music, or something else?)? How long is the show?

And most importantly of all: Better or worse than Steps in Time (as if anything could possibly be worse)?

SueKruse
11-21-2001, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan

So what is this show, exactly? (I gotta admit I don't know what the Magic Kingdom Corps is--nor what they would be like on crack.) So are they musicians? Dancers? Singers? Is the music canned or live (Disney music, or something else?)? How long is the show?

And most importantly of all: Better or worse than Steps in Time (as if anything could possibly be worse)?

Blast is kind of a marching drum corps. I say kind of because they are more than just patterns and drums. There are also horns and great music. No singers (at least none at the press event). They do stuff that you don't think is humanly possible (like tossing flags around whilst maintaining the choreography, playing their respective instrument, and catching the flag or whatever it was tossed up in the air, like a flag, a girl, etc.).

To even mention the name Blast with Steps In Time in the same sentence is a supreme insult to Blast. Better than Steps? Yes, by light years.

Matterhorn Fan
11-22-2001, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by SueKruse
Blast is kind of a marching drum corps.
Only needed to read this far . . . I've seen them on PBS--Very cool!

To even mention the name Blast with Steps In Time in the same sentence is a supreme insult to Blast. Better than Steps? Yes, by light years.
Sorry. (Someone else did the same thing in another thread about this, too. Go get 'em Sue.)