PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling question... and another...

poohpal
09-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone! :) I'm new to postings, but I've been reading MousePad for quite a while. Everyone gives such great info, so I thought I'd pose a question...

My DH and I have ressies Dec. 4 - 8 at GCH (it's a very special trip; anniversary, celebrating some major weight loss and reaching a personal milestone: we'll finally be clear to TTC (try to conceive!) :eek: (Yes, if the room is a rockin', don't come a knockin'... :D j.k.!) Seriously, we honeymooned at DLH and we've always wanted to come back around Christmas, so this trip is six years in the making. But, we're a little unsure on the dates...

In your opinions, given that Candlelight Procession will make Sat. and Sun. a zoo, would it be smarter to visit Sat. - Wed. or Sun. - Thurs.? Sat. - Wed. I think would be better in terms of getting a room request (we're hoping for a king bed) plus more chances at seeing CP (although we're contemplating the dining package - but more on that in a minute). Sun - Thurs, however, would give us a full day in a pretty-empty park on Wed. since Mon. & Tues. are closing early for CM parties (which is ok with us since there's DTD - besides, CMs should have some fun, too!). What do you think?

As long as I'm asking questions, :rolleyes: , here's another... does anyone know what the policies are regarding sharing entrees at some of the restaurants (like Blue Bayou, Jazz Kitchen, Storytellers, etc.)? Do they frown on that and charge extra plate fees? Reason being, my DH and I have had gastric bypass surgery and can only eat small portions. Nevertheless, we'd really like to try some of the restaurants - luckily, we like the same kind of food! (As for CP - we really would like preferred seating, which is why we're contemplating the dining ressies. We hope they allow us some kind of alternative - like spending $XX at the restaurant and $XX at Candy Palace or some other souvenir shop. Otherwise, we might be ending up with three cheesecakes!).

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance for all your help! :D

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Congratulations Poohpal on reaching your goals, you will love the GCH, it is soooo romantic, and just plain awesome at Christmas time.

I have some of the same questions.. We are booked at the DLH for the 5-8 and are considering changing our reservations to midweek due to CP. I've been told by some friends that were there last year that it wasn't anymore crowded than a "normal" december sunday and that they were even able to enjoy some of CP.

Is this really the case that it is not insanely busy, on another thread it was described as a zoo.

Realizing that for some an hour wait is a slow day it can all be a matter of perspective.

How many people can actually view CP?
And if someone was there last year, was it extremely crowded?

As for splitting meals, we do it all the time, as far as splitting at DTD, we have done it a few times at various restuarants and have never had a problem. We just each order a drink and a dinner salad and split the entree.

bassett1976
09-04-2004, 09:57 PM
would it be smarter to visit Sat. - Wed. or Sun. - Thurs.? Sat. - Wed.

I might recommend Sun - Thurs. Most of the local kids are still in school and Disneyland typically doesn't get as big of crowds. If you started on Sun then you have 4 weekdays to enjoy DL.

LOYL2DZNY
09-07-2004, 09:01 AM
aawwww, you'll also be there to celebrate walt's 104th birthday!

julia
09-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi,

Welcome!

Grand Californian Hotel is just divine...my husband is convinced that one of these times, I am going to follow through and MOVE to Disneyland, living at GCH.

I agree with the Sun.- Thurs. option; the crowds are better during the week, though it always seems like the locals come to Disneyland/DCA after work. Wouldn't that be grand to live so close?

Don't worry about ordering 1 portion to split. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable or unusual request. I'm lucky if I can eat a whole restaurant meal either. I split a meal with my hubby or eat half and take a doggie bag.

Good luck with :D and have a great trip!

Best Regards,
Julia

poohpal
09-07-2004, 06:52 PM
I might recommend Sun - Thurs. Most of the local kids are still in school and Disneyland typically doesn't get as big of crowds. If you started on Sun then you have 4 weekdays to enjoy DL.

I agree bassett, and thanks everyone for the advice. We actually added Wednesday night to our plans today, so we'll be there Sat - Thurs. now. Hey Loyl - when is Walt's b-day? Is that Walking in Walt's Steps tour any good? Worth the price?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Walt's birthday is the 5th.

The Walk in walt's footsteps tour is worth it, especially if you are a lover of everything Disney.