PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland, WDW , Disney Store policy

Rocketeer64
11-18-2001, 09:00 PM
Do any castmembers know the CURRENT policy on the wearing of American Flag pins while at work? Are flag pins still being worn by anyone?

Rocketeer64
11-19-2001, 06:23 AM
Can anyone confirm this policy?

tinkfreak
11-19-2001, 09:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong my fellow CM's (you always do...) but I see so many CM's with the flag pins that it seems to be like an unspoken rule to let them be worn. Except of course when it comes to me cause I get caught for everything.

Hades
11-19-2001, 05:01 PM
I recall a memo which came out last month which stated that flag pins were allowed to be worn on the left collar of the costume ONLY. This would be considered an optional part of the costume until further notice. I have not seen the "further notice" as of yet, and my lead and supervisors are still wearing them, as am I. What is NOT allowed are red, white, and blue ribbons (or any other ribbons for that matter). No pins other than service award pins are allowed on the name tags.

Many of the front desk CM's, leads and supervisors are also still wearing thier flag pins as well, so I'm sure it is not just my dept. that is still wearing them.

marron-cream
11-20-2001, 10:30 AM
The policy is what Hades said. I still wear mine, though not on the proper side above the nametag. :D

ripplededge
11-20-2001, 10:54 AM
As far as DLR Security goes we cannot wear ours on our left collar, because we need to wear a security pin, for security reasons there. We wear our pins above our shirt pockets.