PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sounds of Disney

Pages : [1] 2 3

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
just out of curiousity what are some of the sounds of disneyland you HAVE to hear (i.e. the matterhorn man telling you to remain seated) i would have to say that i love walking by the Tea Cups and listeneing to the music!!! i dont know why but it puts me in such a good mood =]

anyone else have anything?

Animalia
09-04-2004, 12:19 PM
The horse drawn trolly on Main St. The clip-clop, clip-clop of the horse, the ringing of the bell and the rumbling of the wheels on the track.

SweetAurora
09-04-2004, 12:24 PM
My absolute favorites are Sleeping Beauty and Peter Pan....words can't express my obsession with those Disney stories, unfortunately..! :rolleyes:
Before the castle decided to protect itself from the sun (kidding), my last stop as a guest in Disneyland was to pause inside the castle and listen to "When You Wish Upon A Star", which plays in a loop as you enter the castle. That song takes me back to when my father and I would look at the swans below, when my first love kissed me for the first time in the castle courtyard, and when I went to Disneyland instead of Homecoming (all dressed up too!) and danced with my date in the courtyard. It is extreme nostalgia for me. I love it! :)
And I always have to hear Peter Pan's Flight queue music, and the sounds of the pirate ship fight in Fantasmic!. I also love the Snow White Wishing Well music, and OH! I LOVE the banjo music in POTC. Always gives me chills. Lol.

tink1234
09-04-2004, 12:24 PM
It's a small world after all, OH, I thought you said sounds to avoid! :D

No really IASW, HMH and Laughing children (mine).

Missing Marbles
09-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Gosh, there are so many wonderful sounds at Disneyland! Great topic. Here are just a few of my favorites in no particular order.

1. Mark Twain's steam whistle blowing.
2. The tooting of the train coming through the tunnel into the NOS station.
3. The 'clankity-clank' sounds of the thunder mountain trains going down the track.
4. The clicking sounds of the animatronics in the Tiki-room.

TikiGeek
09-04-2004, 12:45 PM
My favorite Disneyland sound by far is the great Rod Miller.

jrsharp21
09-04-2004, 12:54 PM
I like that music you can hear while walking through Adventureland. It has got that jungle sound to it.

I also love hearing the POTC overture.

SallySkellington
09-04-2004, 01:21 PM
i would have to say that i love walking by the Tea Cups and listeneing to the music!!! i dont know why but it puts me in such a good mood =]

I'm with you on the teacups. And it's just not a trip to Disneyland without a good dose of "Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me!" :D

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-04-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm with you on the teacups. And it's just not a trip to Disneyland without a good dose of "Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me!" :D

or without hearing the lady in the window "dont tell him carlos, dont be cheeeekin" hahaha i love it

MrsG
09-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Just the sound of the Mark Twain Steam Whistle drains all the stress out of me. Add the sound of dixieland jazz in NOS and life is good!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-04-2004, 02:52 PM
or without hearing the lady in the window "dont tell him carlos, dont be cheeeekin" hahaha i love it

I am LMAO. My 2yo picked up on that on our trip in May and he kept repeating it, OVER AND OVER AND OVER, with the cutest little accent.

I have to say I love the Zip a Dee Doo Daa after the big drop on Splash.
I also love the Electrical Light Parade music, gives me goose bumps. Oh and the music at the end of Fantasmic, when the Mark Twain comes out with all the characters on it, goose bumps again.

sdfilmcritic
09-04-2004, 03:29 PM
It's a small world after all, OH, I thought you said sounds to avoid!
All together now...

It's a small world after all.
It's a small, small world!

It's a world of laughter, a world of fears.
It's a world of hope, and a world of tears.
It's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware...
It's a small world after all!

There is just one moon and one golden sun.
And a smile means friendship to ev'ryone.
Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide.
It's a small world after all!

SallySkellington
09-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Nooooooo! Stop, sdfilmcritic! I beg of you, stop!

Now I have that song stuck in my head. :eek:

Sorcerer Jody
09-04-2004, 07:50 PM
I agree with lots of those already mentioned...the teacups, Zip-a-dee-do-dah after the drop in Splash Mnt., the first notes of the Electrical parade and Fantasmic! Also, I LOVE the Disneyland Railway narrator's voice. I love the music on Main Street, especially "Let's Have a Drink on It", and the Tarzan Treehouse music, and the Disney Gallery music. There are so many wonderful Disney sounds!!!

myron61090
09-04-2004, 08:09 PM
the sound when you insert your ticket into the kiosk..... when you are about to enter the park...

i'm weird. i know it. my family just HATES the noise.... but i like it. haha

oh and i alo like the creepy "ambience" music in the Indiana Jones queue.

Uncle Remus
09-04-2004, 09:34 PM

I almost bought his cd, he is soooo cool! I plan to say hi next time I am there he's like the coolest old guy!

PsychDoc
09-04-2004, 09:49 PM
just out of curiousity what are some of the sounds of disneyland you HAVE to hear (i.e. the matterhorn man telling you to remain seated) i would have to say that i love walking by the Tea Cups and listeneing to the music!!! i dont know why but it puts me in such a good mood =]

OMG! Yes, I love the toot-toot of the cups. Can't stand the ride (don't like spinning) but love the music. Also the HM sound track. Another is the the Zippidy Doo Dah song on Splash. I could go on forever with this post....

Terrapin
09-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Driver ... your tram is ... clear

missuniverse78
09-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Absolute favorite is the Electric Parade music. I would love to download it as my cell phones ringtone, but can't find one that works on my type of phone. Oh well, it would just make me sad that I'm not in disneyland everytime it rang. :crying:

Another sound I love it the trolley bell in Toontown.

squuggy
09-05-2004, 12:20 AM
I never tire of hearing "Permane ser sentados, por favor." ;)

rentayenta
09-05-2004, 06:01 AM

The music and introduction to the Main St. Electrical Parade. The kids have a Disney cd and it's on there. I never get sick of listening to it.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
09-05-2004, 06:52 AM

my friend will sit there literaaly for hours listening to him, and the best thing in the world about him? he remembers you...its wierd but everytime we go hes like "hey guys, long time no see" it realy makes listening to him that much more fun, and personal...

everyone get out your nickles its time to play along!!! :D

rentayenta
09-05-2004, 07:25 AM
I also love on the Peter Pan's Flight...*Here we gooooooooooo*. That makes me happy.

IASW song too.

I like the train conducter's voice too. *You are now entering Tomorrowland......*

LAsptsfan3
09-05-2004, 07:49 AM
"Your attention please, the Disneyland Limited, now arriving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom...booooooooooooooooooard!"

DisneylandForever
09-05-2004, 07:53 AM
I love all the ambient music. The turn of the century music you hear as soon as you enter Main Street, the Jazz in N.O.S. - The tea cups is a great one. The scream of the snowman as you walk by the Materhorn.

But my favorite has to be hearing "When You Wish Upon A Star" as you walk through Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

Remember when they used to play the end-of the Mickey Mouse Club song when the park closed? "Now it's time to say goodbye..." I loved that! I wonder when/why they stopped? Anybody know?