PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland for 50th

malin
09-03-2004, 12:10 PM
I have just booked time off work for next year,and Im planning to head to the Resort in time to attend the big celebrations on July 17.However Im a bit concern with how packed the parks going to be that day.And I want to garantee a place inside the park.And I need advice on what action I should take for it.

Do you recomend staying in one of the Disney official hotels is a good idea,as don't hotel guest get admission even if park is full?

Or would staying just ofsite be a better idea,as if I arrive early enough I should still garantee a position inside Disneyland for the big event?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated :)

Susan L
09-03-2004, 12:57 PM
I would stay on site at the DLR that way you would know for sure that you would have admissison over people just buying a ticket at the gate.

Its more expensive but I wouldn't stay anywhere else regardless if it was the 50th birthday or not.

disneyperson
09-03-2004, 03:37 PM
We have deluxe APs and the 17th is a blockout date. Is it possible for us to order our tickets for the 17th at the same time we renew our passes (we'll be renewing just before that trip because our passes expire july 18) or do we have to get them the day of the event?

kameko
09-04-2004, 08:03 AM
How does Premium Annual Passholder fit into all of this??

ftroop6
09-04-2004, 11:40 AM
When I made my reservations the castmember told me 3 times to make sure that we went to the park early that day and plan on not leaving unless we were sure we wouldn't want to go back in. She told me that it didn't matter on that day if we were resort guests or AP holders. When the park was full it was full.

malin
09-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Anyone know what time the park will be opening on July 17th,as Im going to be now probarely staying at the Anabella Hotel just oposite DCA,and want to garantee a place in the park?

Im not traveling all the way from the UK just so I can be refuse entry to the park.

Disneyfreak
09-04-2004, 01:35 PM
How in the world do they determine the park is full?

sdfilmcritic
09-04-2004, 03:35 PM
How in the world do they determine the park is full?
When you go through the gates where the Admission CMs take your ticket to scan it there are computers that count, track, and calculate the number of guests entering the park and then factor in the number of guests exiting the park through the turnstiles at the exit. All those scanners and turnstiles are hooked up to a central computer that monitors the numbers and a supervisor or executive will glance at these numbers throughout the day. The number of ticket sales are also tracked by computer and help give an idea of how many guests to expect for the day.