PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Workers Break Off - Los Angeles Times, 9/2/04

Darkbeer
09-02-2004, 11:24 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-disney2sep02,1,4605941.story

QuikQuote: Unhappy with their union leadership, about 3,500 food-service workers at Disneyland and California Adventure have voted to split from their local and form a new one.
Disneyland Resort employees, who worked at the parks as cart vendors and in the restaurants, complained that union president Ada Torres had denied them access to financial records. "Over the past two years, we've had absolutely no decent representation," said Disneyland employee Sandi Ecklund, president of the newly formed Local 50.

DonaldDuck14
09-03-2004, 06:54 AM
haha yup, i remember how a couple weeks ago there was nothing but petitions and sign this and don't don't sign that. And as a food cast member you would get heckled by union people outside of harbour pointe telling youo why should detach form the old union or why you should stay. so much controversy. I don't know who in there right mind decided to put foods and hotels together in one union....there are no similarities!

sdfilmcritic
09-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Do the APs get their own union? Oh wait, APs aren't CMs. Too bad. I could've enjoyed the health benefits.

RagtimePrince
09-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Good for them. Theme park line employees really, really need good unions, especially if they are actually trying to make a living.