PDA

View Full Version : Somebody stop me

Pages : [1] 2 3

rentayenta
09-02-2004, 06:25 PM
We are going to the DLR this Christmas. I have perfectly good reservations/accomodations at HoJo's but I am moments away from chucking those and buying a package and staying at the DLH. I keep thinking about the pixie dust, staying on property, the stockings and mini tree from vacation planning (BTW could someone give me that phone number?) etc etc.....

The DLH is a bit more expensive but the goofy holiday side of me is in high gear. I want the Mickey soaps, the random character interaction, not having to leave the grounds, using the Monorail as a means of transportation.....somebody slap me......

My Visa is out and ready for action.

sierranevada
09-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Sorry - all I can do is encourage you!!! It is a magical time to stay at a magical hotel so I say.... GO FOR IT!!

leota's necklace
09-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Man, you're looking in the wrong place for a rational voice, Yenta. We're all Disney-enablers here, to the man-jack.

Susan L
09-02-2004, 06:38 PM
What are you completely out of your mind, forget the Hojo. The only slapping you'll get from me is to convience you to go for one of the DLR Hotels. I wouldn't stay anywhere else but one of the DLR Hotels. DO IT, DO IT, and the resort is so cool at Xmas time. Yes, you have to DO IT there is absolutely no other way. :D

rentayenta
09-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Man, you're looking in the wrong place for a rational voice, Yenta. We're all Disney-enablers here, to the man-jack.

That's what I was hoping for ;)

My DH is so sick of my internal debate (those are his words, not mine).

I'm high on pixie dust.

sierranevada
09-02-2004, 06:40 PM
So wait are you waiting for???? Pick up the phone and change those ressies!!!

rentayenta
09-02-2004, 06:42 PM
So wait are you waiting for???? Pick up the phone and change those ressies!!!

LMAO. No need for the phone. I made the HoJo ressies online.

SCUBAbe
09-02-2004, 07:01 PM
The ho jo's room were nice. The pillows sucked, but not as bad as the caroulsels. The towels were a bit thin and stiff as well, but those are very minor complaints. The one thing that was harsh was the long walk back after walking way to much during the day. It doesn't seem to bad at first, but when the feet are aching and the legs are cramping it seems like forever...LOL

Hakuna Makarla
09-02-2004, 07:13 PM
The ho jo's room were nice. The pillows sucked, but not as bad as the caroulsels. The towels were a bit thin and stiff as well, but those are very minor complaints. The one thing that was harsh was the long walk back after walking way to much during the day. It doesn't seem to bad at first, but when the feet are aching and the legs are cramping it seems like forever...LOL
I saw how far the HOJO was and I thought to my self, Thank goodness karla you did not book there! It had great revues, looked real nice but
It seemed to be miles away as I was so tired I could hardly walk to my motel and it was almost across the street! Ok, I admit it, I was so exausted, and my feet were dea horses that hurt bad, but I thanked God every night when I went to bed he got me back to the motel LOL! I walked in and out of the parks some times several times a day so Beau would calm down. From one place to the other, from room to park etc. The carousel had bad pillows, real nice towels, but if I could have afforded it I would have stayed on grounds. I am hefty, and do not walk much so all that walking about tore me up, would I do it again oh yeah!! tomorrow and the next day and the next!!!

Rentayenta__ go for it girl!! pamper your self, you deserve it and if you don't I am giving you permission to deserve it any way LOL!
Please take photo's of the room and tell us all about the deatails( for those of us who just dream of staying there :)

CoasterChickie
09-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Rentayenta...I too am a Disneyland enabler. My DLH reservations were made using my Disney Visa card. I was tempted to pay to have some "surprises" waiting for us when we get there tomorrow night, but I managed to stop myself. If it was Christmas I don't think I'd have that much willpower! :)
If you really need to stick to your budget, book just the last night of your vacation at the DLH.

Christiii
09-02-2004, 10:05 PM
the Hojo ia the same walking time to DL as DL is to the DL hotel..we timed it..we actually like the walk..those tranist busses are a pain!! The monorqail is great for the DL hotel, but I swear it has been derailed everytime we have tried to uae it lately..bad timing I guess. I love the DL hotel, and if money is no object..go for it!! I have just become so attached to the Hojo and am so thrilled to have found it!! Its really hard for me to justify $200.00 or more a nite difference in the price...if I stay at the Hojo..I get to stay loooonger..which makes me a happy lil Mouse!! Dont get me wrong tho, I wouldnt stay at any of the other off site hotels..its the DL or the Hojo for me. I have the Entertainment card and get a really amazing rate PLUS an upgraded room..free parking, free dsl, microwave, fridege and snackies in the room, balcony which overlooks the park and fireworks. The rrom we get is laid out just like the larger DL room..just doesnt have Tink around the ceiling (which in my opinion should glow in the dark, dontcha think??)
We stayed at the DL hotel at Christmas and had the best Christmas ever!! For me tho, living only 6 hours away, its nice to find a hotel azi dont have to save up for..ya know??

missm
09-02-2004, 10:29 PM
I don't know if you already got the phone number but here it is anyway:
1-714-300-7526.

rentayenta
09-03-2004, 07:11 AM
I don't know if you already got the phone number but here it is anyway:
1-714-300-7526.

Thank you!

Christiii- thank you for being the voice of reason.

I thought Tinkerbell's pixie dust glowed in the rooms? Can anyone confirm?

Christiii
09-03-2004, 07:36 AM
I wish it did! Ive stayed there many many times and it doesnt :-( Wouldnt it be kewl if it did tho?? It seems like it would be so easy..maybe it did years and years ago, and all the glow wruff is worn off..but like I said, I have always stayed there till I found the Hojo..and have n4ver seen any room glow.
Also..if you are booking at the DL hotel...ask for the S5 room (they keep changing the code tho, or not everone knows it, so if they are clueless about the SA5 tell them you want the futon room)....that is short for sleeps 5, and it is the larger room with the pull out futon. It doesnt cost anymore, but it is quite a bit larger..alao there are two bathroom types..one with a seperate vanity and one without. Try to get the one WITH it...they usually will not grant your requests until cherck in...so try to get there close to the check in time..the two best towers are the main one that the lobby is in (we prefer that one) or the one that overlooks DTD. I like the main tower because you are not humping your luggage everywhere, and the gift shop and lobby is there if you need anything...if you take that tower then be suuuuuure to also ask for a pool view..whcih I prefer to the DTD view..the pool is so pretty, especially at nite!!
Yep, we are veterans at the DL hotel..I really do LOVE it...but I always felt like ai had to save up for it, and if we stayed an extra night it was a BIG decision...now we can just run up to our hotel any time, and stay as long as we want..no worries!! Well, except for the spoiled furkids at home of course!!

Christiii
09-03-2004, 07:44 AM
p.s. the pixie dust and tink around the top of the room is pretty overrated in my humble opinion..its just a strip of wallpaper border trim in dark blue with stars, and a pic of tink in the corner. Dont get me wrong..tink is my favvvorite character, but I just think it could be more elaborate..more magical..ya know?? Ive only been coming back to DL for about the past 6 years (since coming every year as a child) and my friends were all talking about the hotel with Tink in the room., and how special it was!! ..I was really excited to see it and honestly kept looing forawhile..i kept thinking that cant possibly be what they are talking about...but it was. I was like, wo3 are my freinds easy to impress...hehe. I love the bathrooms and the armoire and paintings and all..but Im suuuuuch a disney dork that I would love to see more themed rooms..like a toontown looking room or something..since I pay that much and itsa the main DL hotel, I really wish it was more elaborate...maybe then I would not be able to stay anywhere else...ok..just my humble opinions :-)

sierranevada
09-03-2004, 07:45 AM
We were just there in July and Tinkerbell's pixie dust glowed in the dark in our room! We would turn out the lights at night just to see it - sort of like a nightlight!!

Christi has a great suggestion - I did not know there was a "room type" but the rooms at DLH that have the couch and two beds are bigger and, as she said, the bathrooms are larger with a double sink. We stayed in one in the Sierra Tower (my favorite) but in July we were in the Marina Tower with just a standard two beds, no couch. It was still nice but I prefer the Sierra Tower.

BTW Christi, I clicked on the links for your two dogs (I am a dog person) - thought I was going to fall off my chair laughing!!! They are adorable - you should post those some where for everyone's enjoyment!!

CoasterChickie
09-03-2004, 07:48 AM
The pixie dust does glow, but only if you leave the curtains open or leave the lights on during the day to "charge" it. If the room is dark all day, it won't glow as well or as long that night.

I called last night to see if I got the room I requested and they had given me the exact opposite! The CM was very nice and said he would change it for me but added jokingly that he would not switch me back if it got too noisy.
(I requested the Downtown Disney view...I like to see the parks and leave the window open so I can hear the music) I leave in 6 hours...yes!!

Christiii
09-03-2004, 07:51 AM
wow..I cant believe she glowed for you!!! waaahh!!!! I have stayed in a ton of their rooms and have always looked and she has never glowed for me...maybe she only does for special people...wwaahh!!!!
Yep..those are my baby furkids!!! Ive been doing Christmas cards with them for the past 8 years...those pics were in the Disney mag last year...Im so proud of my lil bavies!! Now I just have to think of a theme for this year..hmmmmm

sierranevada
09-03-2004, 07:57 AM
I am envious CoasterChickie - have a great time!!

rentayenta
09-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Christiii, thank you for the great info. The dust better glow for the price :fez:

Coaster, have fun. What am I going to do without my daily dose of giggling from your avatars????

The best rate I have found is from getawaytoday. 6 nights, 5 day hoppers and a character brekkie for a smidge under $1700 and that's for the five of us; 2 adults and 3 children. It seems like a great deal. No flight though, we like to drive.

I made a call to vacation planning and I am waiting to hear back about the stockings etc....

DisneylandForever
09-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Renta-

It sounds like you've already made up your mind, but if you're still taking opinions, I gotta agree with christii. Unless of course you have the money, it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to spend an extra few hundred bucks per night (even an extra hundred a night) when all you really do at the hotel is sleep.

I guess it also depends on what "gets you going." For me it is DL. Some people really love the whole "vacation" thing, and therefore don't mind paying more to stay at the DLH, thus getting the whole experience. However for someone like me it doesn't make sense cuz all I really care about is being inside Disneyland. In fact when my cousin and I go we start to get antsy if we spend too much time in the hotel. "We didn't come down here hang out at a hotel," we'd say. So other than the occasional mid-afternoon swim & tan, all we do there is sleep.

BUT- if I made real good money (as opposed to 'good enough'), then yeah I would stay at the DLH a lot.

Just my 2 pennies! :p

GreenDragon
09-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Stop you? I want you to take me with you! :D

rentayenta
09-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Dland-

I wish I had my mind made up. I figure staying at the DLH will cost me about $4,000 for the whole trip. It'll cost about $3,000 if I stay at HoJo's. I am also considering staying at the DLH just for the 24th and 25th. If we were allowed to check in early on the 24th then this is what I would do. I want the holiday perks. I don't care about the other days as much. We are one of those weird families that don't leave the park once we are there. Our children would never want to swim or nap during the day. My concern is Christmas Eve and morning.

DisneylandForever
09-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Dland-

I wish I had my mind made up. I figure staying at the DLH will cost me about $4,000 for the whole trip. It'll cost about $3,000 if I stay at HoJo's. I am also considering staying at the DLH just for the 24th and 25th. If we were allowed to check in early on the 24th then this is what I would do. I want the holiday perks. I don't care about the other days as much. We are one of those weird families that don't leave the park once we are there. Our children would never want to swim or nap during the day. My concern is Christmas Eve and morning.

Then it sounds like staying at the DL Hotel just on the 24th and 25th is the way to go! At least IMO. A lot of places don't guarantee early check-in, but 9 times out of 10 they allow it, as long as there's a room available. And since check-out is usually 11 or 12, you can just ask the front desk guy to have your room made up in a hurry!

Whatever you decide, have a great time!

rentayenta
09-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Thank you!