PDA

View Full Version : Do Paradise Pier guest also get Priority Seating on monorail?

Sebastian
09-02-2004, 09:32 AM
I was just wondering if it is only the people staying at the Disneyland Hotel or do Paradise Pier guest also get Priority seating on the monorail ?

Also how long is the walk from Paradise Pier to the monorail station in Downtown Disney ?

Thank you

SoCalDude
09-02-2004, 09:39 AM
not sure about the priority seating on the monorail for the PP guests. But its appx a 5 minute walk I would estimate fromthe PP to the monorail. But you can get a ride from PP to the AMC theatre area on a golf cart if you ask for it. They say they give return trips but I am not sure how they work that out as we never took advantage of that.

Andrew
09-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Not to my knowledge (but ask your Disney Travel rep or travel agent when booking the hotel). PPH guests do, however, receive exclusive access to the "secret entrance" to DCA's Paradise Pier area. The keycarded entrance gate is along the entrance driveway to the Grand Californian, on the right side across from the security booth.

CoasterChickie
09-02-2004, 10:49 AM
What do you mean by priority seating? Is the monorail only for DLH guests? I know that PPH guests can also use it. Can anyone else use it? I don't know.

P.S. It's only about a 5 minute brisk walk from the PPH to the monorail.

jrsharp21
09-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Yes, PPH guests also get priority seating on the Monorail on the trip from the park to Downtown Disney. I stayed there three weeks ago and they gave us a pass for priority seating.

Priority seating allows you to board the Monorail first on the ride from the park to the DTD. There is a seperate que that hotel guests get to use. You know the big line that you always see lined up next to the lagoon and across from the Matterhorn? Well hotels guests get to bypass that line. There is a seperate entrance next to the Autopia gift shop. It is the old subs entrance. You get to go straight to the CM and show him your pass and he lets you up to the boarding area before any other guests are allowed to go up to the boarding area.

Susan L
09-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Priority seating is not the right phrase. You get line privlege at the Tomarrowland Station if you are a guest at one of the DL Hotels. After that it is first come first serve as far as finding a seat. At the front desk on arrival they give you a pass to show to CM's at the TL Station, they let you go right on through its one of the perks you get for being a guest at the resort.

experiment626
09-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Yep all Disney Hotel Guests get priority on the Monorail @ Tomorrowland. This means that all hotel guest will get on the monorail before non hotel guests. This can make the line for the Monorail very long at busy times. Deffiently faster to walk if you do not have priority .

dlandnut
09-03-2004, 10:12 AM
I have always stayed at the GC or DH and was not aware of priority seating for the Monorail. Please someone, enlighten me with the details. If it is really true, how do you let the CM's know that you are a hotel guest, and how are you singled out as a "priority"? Somebody help!!! :)

jrsharp21
09-03-2004, 11:19 AM
When we stayed at PP they gave us a card (more like a piece of paper) where you could charge stuff back to your room. This was also used for the priority boarding on the Monorail. It says that you have to present the card and your room key, but the CM's just usually looked at the card.

You are singled out by using a seperate entrance to the Monorail in Tomorrowland. Instead of entering across from the Matterhorn, you enter through a seperate entrance next to the Autiopia gift shop and it takes you right up to the CM.

Polar33
09-03-2004, 02:55 PM
PPH guests do, however, receive exclusive access to the "secret entrance" to DCA's Paradise Pier area..
Not for long. The recent Line had a blurb that that pathway was being closed permanently as of September 7th. It says that the PPH guests will be able to use the gate in the GCH instead.

rentayenta
09-03-2004, 03:00 PM
It is the old subs entrance.

I'm still in mourning :crying: