PDA

View Full Version : Why did the park open at 9:00 instead of 8:00?

Hakuna Makarla
09-02-2004, 07:56 AM
I had a brocure from our motel that showed the disneyland park opening up at 8:00 am , but when we got to the park it did not open until nine. I was wondering why since it was clearly on the brocure for 8:00. We waited in line for almost 2 hours that first day even though we were the first in line we had a hard time waiting that long. even the disneyland site said opening at 8:00.

King of the Frogs
09-02-2004, 08:21 AM

Hakuna Makarla
09-02-2004, 08:32 AM
LOL! I have the printed out page from there site, it says 8:00. For the days we went, and it was from the official site so I was right was'nt I ?

EandCDad
09-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Since you don't indicate what date you are talking about, it would be hard for anyone to know a specific reason for why the park opened later than was advertised. I know that several times a year they have to change the flange valves on the flux capacitor out on Tom Sawyer's Island. This usually causes the barretfasters to back up, causing a slight delay in opening. If that's not the case, maybe it was just a mistake or some unforseen event.

HorizonsA
09-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Well, I'm going to Disneyland next Wednesday and the following Monday and boh times, Disneyland opens at 10! I guess the peak season has started! Oh well, at least there won't be many people there, with school starting and all.

disneyperson
09-02-2004, 10:12 AM
When were you there? we were there sat, and sun. Aug28-29 and both days we got to the park at around 8:30 and walked right in.

Andrew
09-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I know that several times a year they have to change the flange valves on the flux capacitor out on Tom Sawyer's Island. This usually causes the barretfasters to back up, causing a slight delay in opening.
Whoa! Where did you hear this so-called "inside" information? My highly-placed source laughed derisively when I called him at work, after he finished cleaning the shake machine, and told me that the barretfasters never back up, because the flange valves have been permanently removed.

Hakuna Makarla
09-02-2004, 11:17 AM
we were there the 25th,26th, and 27th. And I was told on the second day they were testing rides before opening up the gates which was suposed to be done earlier. I do not know about testing rides or why the park did not open until 9:00 remember this was my first time ever.I do how ever have the printed out info on park openings, and whats going on and it says open 8:00 am, but again we did not get in until 9:00 no big deal really just wondering. And by theway we did get in one day at 8:30 ( I forgot )

jrsharp21
09-02-2004, 11:40 AM
I know that several times a year they have to change the flange valves on the flux capacitor out on Tom Sawyer's Island

The Dr. Emmit Brown design these?

Hehe..I couldn't help it.

Susan L
09-02-2004, 01:22 PM
All schedule times at the parks are subject to change at anytime, no reason has to be given, its a policy.

frailejon
09-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Whoa! Where did you hear this so-called "inside" information? My highly-placed source laughed derisively when I called him at work, after he finished cleaning the shake machine, and told me that the barretfasters never back up, because the flange valves have been permanently removed.

Yes, but you've forgotten that they also have to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.

frailejon

DonaldDuck14
09-03-2004, 07:00 AM
well this week the hours are being cut back. (8/30-9/2) Mon-Thurs. disneyland was open from 9am-10pm. then today (friday 9/3) and saturday it will be the 8am-12am. And i believe sunday will be like that and i know monday will have extended hours because it's labor day. then next week the hours will become offseaon hours where disneyland opens form10am to 8pm i believe and DCA will probably close at 6pm.

hagar55
09-03-2004, 07:27 AM
I know that several times a year they have to change the flange valves on the flux capacitor out on Tom Sawyer's Island. This usually causes the barretfasters to back up, causing a slight delay in opening. If that's not the case, maybe it was just a mistake or some unforseen event.

No...I think it was either the Johnson Rod or the Falangie that caused the delay

EandCDad
09-03-2004, 08:31 AM
No...I think it was either the Johnson Rod or the Falangie that caused the delay

Don't even get me started on the Johnson Rod. Walt is spinning in his grave whenever he hears that they stopped using carbon based loop splicers in favor of the Johnson Rod. Accountaneers be dammed, bring back the loop splicers I say.

Andrew
09-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Didn't you hear that the one company who supplied Disney with their loop splicers (on a dedicated assembly line, as a matter of fact) was bought out and now makes those carpeted cubicle walls instead? Johnson Rods are about the only way they can make the whole thing work these days, never mind the cost or difficulty.