PDA

View Full Version : Speculative question on Buzz

olegc
09-02-2004, 07:24 AM
So, when Buzz Space Ranger Spin finally goes in I wonder if they will keep the existing mural on the outside of the Space exposition or will they theme the whole darn building to Buzz. Will they only theme the entrance? (that little corner section next to Astro Jets). I wish they put the Mary Blair mural back but I shudder to think what damage has been done to it - or if it even exists in any form at all....

jrad32
09-02-2004, 08:09 AM
My bet is a Buzz facade. By the way, I believe it's Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters. ;)

Hakuna Makarla
09-02-2004, 08:37 AM
This was on my agenda, I wanted to go to Buzz light year, see the show and eat a funnel cake, my son would not have it! I would have liked to at least try the funnel cake! Oh well, coasterchickie)))) have one for me ok LOL!!

merlinjones
09-02-2004, 10:43 AM
>>I wish they put the Mary Blair mural back but I shudder to think what damage has been done to it - or if it even exists in any form at all....<<

The smaller Mary mural on the CircleVision/Buzz side is intact behind the billboard facade. They built a casing over it without peircing the mural.

The big Mary mural on the other side, however, was severely mangled in the building of Star Tours - - stakes driven right through it, smashed tiles, etc. But there is still a majority of it back there to restore...

I would like to see both peices of fine art brought back.

haunted_mike
09-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Parts of the Mary Blair mural from the Star Tours side of Tomorrowland were packed up and shipped to Disneyland Paris where they were incorporated in to the wall decoration for Tony's Italian Restaurant, a Lady And The Tramp theme eating place in Fantasyland.

See here: (no picture though I'm afraid).
http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/Lands/Fantasyland/Restaurants/BellaNotte.htm

Rae
09-02-2004, 04:16 PM
This was on my agenda, I wanted to go to Buzz light year, see the show and eat a funnel cake, my son would not have it! I would have liked to at least try the funnel cake! Oh well, coasterchickie)))) have one for me ok LOL!!
Ok
waht is the funnel cake???

Hakuna Makarla
09-02-2004, 04:29 PM
oh hon it looks so good! its a cake like thing ( deep fried I believe and topped with +fruits or powdered sugar. I saw one, wanted it but my son wanted to go to california adventure so I told my self I would be back to get it and never did, darn it! Ok, go to buzz's, have one for me and describel the taste when you get back ok :) I am drooling already! Oh I got to get backl on my diet tomorrow :D

missm
09-02-2004, 04:34 PM
I didn't know they had funnel cake at DL! I love funnel cake! Karla where were you going to get it?