PDA

View Full Version : Are the stockings at the hotels worth it?

tink1234
09-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I am thinking of purchasing the stocking to have delivered to our room on Christmas morning. But...at $70 a piece they better have some real pixie dust in them!! Does anyone know what they consist of? Would I be better off to purchase my own and stuff them with things I've found inside the resort? :confused:

PsychDoc
09-02-2004, 06:58 AM
you'd probally get a better deal if you just do it yourself. Although, it's kind of cool to get a knock onthe door in the morning or to be pleasantly surprised when you return from visiting the parks. However given that it is Christmas time, and you're already probally paying peak prices, if you want to save and splurge on somthing else (like a character meal), it may not be worth it. Although, I'm taking my 10 year old for her birthday in 2 weeks (yeah!!!). I ordered her a birthday surprise package that will be delivered to the room on Saturday. It's costing me a heavy sum (100$). I know, I'm nuts. Already paying big bucks, airlines, she begged me to stay at the DL hotel because it's "orginal", every character meal possible. But, it is her birthday and this is a special Mommy and me trip. Leaving the toddler at home with grandma. there's just something magical about returing to your room and discovering a special present just waiting for you, especially when you're a kid.

sdfilmcritic
09-02-2004, 07:01 AM
How about somebody splurge and get the $70 stocking on behalf of 6,000 some odd members here at MousePlanet who are dying to know what's inside. Man, it's only September and I'm already getting the Christmas impatience that all kids get. "What did I get? What did I get?" We're all thinking that the one stocking is for all of us... "What's in it? What did we get?" :)

09-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Is there a listing somewhere of surprises that can be delivered to a DLR room? How do you arrange for it?

dsny1mom
09-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Last year when we were kicking around the idea of going to DL for Christmas, Vacation Planning told me about the stockings, they said there were two kinds one geared towards girls and one for boys. I know they ran down what was in them, I just don't remember what they said. I do recall they were geared towards fairly young children. I'm sure if you called VP they'd be able to give you a list of what is in them.

dsny1mom

missm
09-02-2004, 01:27 PM
I just called vacation planning because it was driving me nuts not knowing what comes in them. They couldn't tell me though. They will know for sure what is going in them at the end of the month. She did tell me one is Mickey themed and the other is Minnie themed. Also that they have 2 age groups: 3 to teen, and teen and up. She also said they are most likely going to be $70 plus tax, depending on what they choose to put in them. I love calling DLR everyone is so nice.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-02-2004, 01:35 PM
How do you find out about all these special perks?

CoasterChickie
09-02-2004, 03:59 PM
I think you call 714-300-Plan or go to vacationplanning@disneyonline.com

It sounds like you can pay to have surprises delivered to your room at other times of the year too. :)

leota's necklace
09-02-2004, 07:09 PM

It sounds like you can pay to have surprises delivered to your room at other times of the year too. :)

You sure can. For my birthday last year, my good friend fed-exed a special birthday card to be waiting for me in my room when I arrived. It was surrounded by the limited-edition HM stretching portrait pins, which VP purchased for me in her behalf, as well as a bouquet of balloons and an autographed foto of Belle and the Beast. Everything was arranged very beautifully on a side table and it made my night.

VP is willing to do a lot to make someone's day special. You can arrange for just about anything!

rentayenta
09-02-2004, 07:16 PM

Thank you. I am debating the DLH for the holidays and this might be the detail that seals the deal.

prudence
09-03-2004, 11:12 AM
You can have lots of things delivered to your room! We went last year about 10 days before Christmas (for my birthday) and had on various nights:
-Cookies and milk -- chocolate/nut cookies with peanut butter inside, along with big glasses of milk in a champagne bucket with ice. We LOVED this and it would be a great Christmas eve treat for adults and children alike.
-Mickey rice krispie treats
-Tuxedo (chocolate dipped) strawberries and champagne
-VERY decorated small birthday cake (winter-themed) with chocolate Minnie 3D figure. It was chocolate with REAL raspberries in the filling! Came with candles/matches and everything! It even had my name on it in icing. If you're ever at the hotels for a birthday, I can't recommend this enough. The price was VERY reasonable for the product, especially considering the usual value/price ratio at the parks.

My husband also arranged for a birthday basket to be delivered. They had a list of some standard assortments, but he knew my interests and kept them looking for Alice in Wonderland stuff. (The vacation planning guy said that Alice fans are a minority, but a very *intense* minority.) So in a Mickey-head basket I had a music box that I've never seen in the stores, a VERY old-style signed photo of Alice and the White Rabbit (also cooler than a recent photo for the nostalgia factor), a big Alice mug (also something I've never seen) and some other snacky bits. And balloons!

So I think you could probably have just about anything put in the stockings. You tell them what they want and they look through the park to see what might be of interest -- then they report back. I think it costs a little more because in addition to the cost of the items you also have to pay for their time, but I'd say it's worth it if you know the recipient has some specific tastes.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks. I am planning my son's 4th birthday party there in Sept. 2005 so this will sure be nice to get him some special touches delivered to the room!

rentayenta
09-05-2004, 02:43 PM
you'd probally get a better deal if you just do it yourself. Although, it's kind of cool to get a knock onthe door in the morning or to be pleasantly surprised when you return from visiting the parks. However given that it is Christmas time, and you're already probally paying peak prices, if you want to save and splurge on somthing else (like a character meal), it may not be worth it. Although, I'm taking my 10 year old for her birthday in 2 weeks (yeah!!!). I ordered her a birthday surprise package that will be delivered to the room on Saturday. It's costing me a heavy sum (100$). I know, I'm nuts. Already paying big bucks, airlines, she begged me to stay at the DL hotel because it's "orginal", every character meal possible. But, it is her birthday and this is a special Mommy and me trip. Leaving the toddler at home with grandma. there's just something magical about returing to your room and discovering a special present just waiting for you, especially when you're a kid.

Just wondering what's in a $100 birthday surprise package from the DLR?
I think it's fantastic that you are taking a mommy/daughter trip. Sometimes the bigger kids get lost in the shuffle because the little ones are so demanding. I took my DD for her 3rd birthday- just she and I.

tink1234
09-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Can anyone tell me what might be in these stockings? Has anyone ever gotten one or known someone who did?