PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Cove Re-Opens 11/21!!

AIRLINE
11-18-2001, 12:41 PM
For those of you who enjoyed dining at the Avalon Cove when it was operated by Wolfgang Puck, you'll be pleased to know that Avalon Cove is "scheduled" to re-open on Wednesday, November 21, 2001.

For those of you who want to see the Duminaria show, the Cove Bare has already opned and has a limited food menu (with lower prices than Wolfgang puck) and more choices for those of you who do not eat seafood.

The big surprise here is restaurant.

As Al Lutz pointed out in one of his earlier columns, Avalon Cove will offer a "one-price" dining option. The prices are substantially lower than what was offered by Wolfgang Puck, but, what is not known is if the food quality is the same, better or worse.

I guess we'll all know after we have a chance to dine there.

Before I post the menu, it seems that the Disneyland Resort higher-ups are actually listening to and reading gusets concerns about the exteremly high prices that both Mondavi and Wolfgang Puck had in place before their abrupt closure.

I guess Cynthia Harriss is really reading this board. If so, thank you as it would appear that most people will be pleased with the pricing at Avalon Cove.

Of course, the guests will be the judge of that.....

The next post contains the menu....it's just too long.

Napsto
11-18-2001, 01:15 PM
menu must really be long

AIRLINE
11-18-2001, 01:24 PM
Decided to have lunch....

Let's see what's more important...

Food being served now

or

Food that's going to be served in a few days...

No brainer on that one!

LOL

bluepearl
11-18-2001, 04:39 PM
So erm, my concerns after pricing and the quality of food, is...will they be open later than 3PM? I'm really tired of going into DCA in the late afternoon, only to find that the junk stands are still open and what I find to be relatively "real" food places are always closed. That's such a pet peeve of mine at DCA, even though I like the park. It's so hard to get a decent bite to eat there at night.

Julie
11-18-2001, 05:40 PM
It would be nice to have something other than hot dogs, hamburgers, or fries in the park after 3pm, yet something that's not as expensive as the SO Bistro. That's a big annoyance of mine with DCA - most of the food places aren't open (like Bountiful Valley - there are no plans to open it within the next couple of weeks!). Hopefully the new Avalon Cove will be the alternative to all the greasy food. :)