PDA

View Full Version : A really great weekend!

disneyperson
08-31-2004, 01:00 PM
We just got back from Dl and it was one of our best visits ever! Yes, it was kinda crowded, but not as much as I thought it might be. The crowd seemed to be a particularly happy one. Perhaps that was because of the large numbers of AP holders who were back for the first time after being blocked out for most of the summer. Sunday was the sixth annual Batsday, (the day the goths all go to Disneyland) and it was tremendous fun. It was fun to watch everyone interact (and react) to one another all in a very friendly Disney appropriate way. And, believe me, there's not a better day for people watching. My daughter and I spent a long time on Sat night listening to the swing band and watching the guests dance. That is something we hadn't done before and will most certainly look forward to doing again. It was great to watch couples of all ages and skills have such a good time on the dance floor. We were among the first people to ride BTM when it reopened. What a thrill. We felt very special. I even bought an awsome new bowling shirt to add to my collection with the HM anniversary logo on it.(I wore it for batsday)I noticed,as always, some changes on some of the rides. Here goes, there's only one crab on the beach on POTC(that's one up from last july), one of the trio of singing pirates is missing(it's funny 'cause the short pirate in the middle is now looking at an empty space), one of the shooting pirates is back at the end of the ride. There are three dinosaurs drinking out of the pool now instead of the two that have been there for quite awhile. The snake on Indie still isn't moving. (I see that's the subject of another thread). A funny story, we got stopped on POTC for about ten minutes, when it got going and we got the jail scene, one of the pirates was holding the keys in his hand.I think someone stopped by that scene got bored and switched them. When we rode again that night, the keys were back in the dog's mouth. Hee-hee. Anyway, we had a WONDERFUL visit. Now we just have to plan a trip for Dec.

sdfilmcritic
08-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Nothing like the old switch the keyring routine.

splashmtngurl
09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
is that possible?

disneyperson
09-01-2004, 09:19 AM
must be possible. We saw it. I would have taken a photo but I'm a die hard believer in that ol' no flash photos policy.