PDA

View Full Version : If you spent Christmas Eve & Day at DLR...

sdfilmcritic
08-31-2004, 07:01 AM
I would like to know what you and the group you were with did if you had spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Disneyland Resort. Did you stay up to go to Mass at Midnight? Did you open your gifts in your hotel room on Christmas Eve night or Christmas morning? What did you and your group do for that time?

Christiii
08-31-2004, 07:50 AM
I did I did!!
my mom, brother and his wife and I did. It was my best Christmas ever!! It was two years ago...and Id love to do it againthis year, but Ive opened up a boutique and Christmas eve will be really busy :-(.
We stayed at the DL hotel (tho this time I would be just as happy at the Hojo). We brought a really cute mini tree, had it all decorated and had it in the window with all the gifties underneath it. It was too tooo funny becuawe we broght tons of gifts, and then we went to my bro's room and HE brought tons of gifts!! It was really fun, bu we would do that differently this time..since trying to pack the car with everything was noooooot easy :-0).
We didnt go to midnite mass,...didnt even know about it..what we did do is just soak up all the Holidayc spirit...it was just so beautiful!! It was really crowded, but we didnt mind...just just the sights, smells , sounds of Christmas were the best part!! The snow and fireworks on main street were cjust so touching, my mom and Isat there with tears in our eyes.
My brother, being the dork that he is, wanted to go to universal when we wwere there...the atmosphere was just so so sao different than DL!! It was just as crowded, but the feeling of the crowd was just sleazy, everyone unhappy and pushing and shoving and dirty...YUCK!!! Even tho DL was really crowded, it just seemed like everyone was celebratimg the joy of just being together...which I noticed even more after that horrible trip to US...never again!! I know that there are individual instances of crabby people, but on the whole..it was just amazing!! Of all my millions of trips, this had to be my fav..we even got a brick in the walkway to commemorate it!! Love my brick..we have to find and step on it now the first thing on our trip for goodluck...its a new tradition!!
I guess since we have annual passes, we didnt feel the need to run around and try to ride everything a million times, we insetead tried to do all the holiday inspired things...we never made it to the lighting of IASW, or did the cookie decorating, which I will do this trip..
All I can say is..just soak it alll up, hug to a loved one during the fireworks, and just live in the moment of all the happiness around you at the Happiest Place on Earth at one of the happiest times of year...its really powerful!! :D

tink1234
08-31-2004, 08:44 AM
We are this year! I just got off the phone with vacation planning. They will provide you with a tree on property for approx. $150. (Prices this year have not been officially listed.) They will also provide stockings for around $70. (Does anyone know what might be in these?....I may just buy various things and put together and have sent to our room to make it cheaper.)

Anyway, back to your orginal question...

Here's our plan of action.
23rd staying across the street and doing disney and hopefully F! buffet.
24th meeting parents and doing disney e-tickets and staying for fireworks and snow. Back to room for storytelling at the Christmas tree (Concierge GCH) and opening a few presents, like a set of disney p.j.'s and watching a disney movie.
25th Stockings, presents, and disney!
26th Mabe doing disney...home

sami869
08-31-2004, 08:48 AM
They will provide you with a tree on property for approx. $150. (Prices this year have not been officially listed.) They will also provide stockings for around $70. (Does anyone know what might be in these?....I may just buy various things and put together and have sent to our room to make it cheaper.)

Is that a decorated tree? Do you get to keep the decorations? Are those filled stockings? Do you get to keep the actual stocking? Is that $70 per stocking?

mystycalchyk
08-31-2004, 09:16 AM
We have spent several Christmases at DLand.
We dont do pressies though so that is out. We buy our pressies at the park, that is our Christmas. We always have tried to book a nice Christmas dinner. Either at the Blue Bayou or Granvilles...something like that...last year we had book the late Fantasmic balcony seating for Christmas night.... :( it got rained out though. Fortunately though since I know that I have a knack for being the 'kiss of death' for most all Fantasmic showings I had booked it twice for the trip (just in case) and we got to do the balcony seating for my hubby's bday (January 2nd) and it wasnt rained out that time :D
Christmastime at Dineyland is magical for us. I cant wait till this years trip :fez:

tink1234
08-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Is that a decorated tree? Do you get to keep the decorations? Are those filled stockings? Do you get to keep the actual stocking? Is that $70 per stocking?

Hmmm. I didn't think to ask. I just assumed...and you know where that gets you! :fez:

I wouldn't think you would get to keep the decorations, but I would think decorated. They better be filled for those prices!!

If they are not decorated and filled then I will NOT consider either!

Disney planning said they would contact me with more info in a couple of weeks. I will post what I learn then. If anyone knows now will they be kind enough to post?

rentayenta
08-31-2004, 04:00 PM
Hmmm. I didn't think to ask. I just assumed...and you know where that gets you! :fez:

I wouldn't think you would get to keep the decorations, but I would think decorated. They better be filled for those prices!!

If they are not decorated and filled then I will NOT consider either!

Disney planning said they would contact me with more info in a couple of weeks. I will post what I learn then. If anyone knows now will they be kind enough to post?

Tink1234, could you please PM me when you get the details. We will be there for Christams too and would like to order one of these trees and some stockings. Could you please give me the number so I can call too. Thanks.