PDA

View Full Version : The Best Thing about the Rides at DL

CoasterChickie
08-30-2004, 09:47 PM
I spent 3 hours at the Boardwalk today with two 9 year olds. There were hardly any lines bacause most kids are back in school. (We don't start till Wed.)

Anyways, after going on 9 spinny rides in a row and feeling rather nauseous, it suddenly dawned on me that one of the things I like best about the rides at DL is that I always feel energized after I ride most of them. I rarely feel ill.

What do you like best about the rides at DL compared to the rides at other amusement parks?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Aside from the accidents on BTMRR, I still feel safer on DL rides than at any other theme park.

RemainSeatedPlease
08-30-2004, 10:08 PM
i have noticed that disneyland rides give me some kind of energy buzz that other parks just don't, like after spending a day at paramounts great america i'll have a major headache...but after a day at disneyland, i have a major smile. I do feel safer on the DL rides more than anywhere else and the surroundings in the park help too, DL is not all dirty with trash everywhere, it's nice and clean The rides just seem different, nicer..(is nicer a word). And whenever i am in a different park i find myself wishing i was at DL instead..or that the park was as nice as DL. Disneyland rides just plain old make me feel good!

Jon Vincible
08-30-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't even go to Paramount's Great America anymore. I used to go there all the time since it's only a city away (San Jose to Santa Clara) but i think it sucks now. The extreme-themeing of Disneyland rides is what makes them special to me. I mean waiting in line for Top Gun at PGA gives you some missles and overly-loud airplane sounds to keep you entertained. PGA just seems run-down and dirty to me. Well now that i can drive Disneyland seems a lot closer, only a half-a-day's drive.

sami869
08-31-2004, 08:41 AM
I live in San Jose. Great America and the Boardwalk are only half an hour away but I don't even bother going anymore. It really is all about the themeing at disneyland. The lines are even themed! It really doesn't get any better than that.

SCUBAbe
08-31-2004, 08:46 AM
The best thing I like about the rides at DCA/DL is the CM's who help load the ride cars. I was actually shocked when I went to MM and you just picked what line you wanted to go in for the coaster trains. Then their employees just run down the train quickly and test that the bar is down, then your off. Granted I didn't fall out, but I didn't feel very secure either...LOL

ppmuse
08-31-2004, 08:49 AM
One word: Theme. Above all else, nothing can beat the theming of Disneyland Rides. You got Potc (That's for Pirates of the Carribean, not Passion of the Clerks), Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Indy, all wonderfully themed rides. You can't get that at other parks. Six Flags, thrills no theming. The closest to theming is Universal Studios Hollywood. But they still can't beat Disney. No way.

dlandnut
08-31-2004, 09:10 AM
I love the cleanliness and safety that accompanies the "attractions". I usually don't worry about whether I'm going to finish the ride, once it's started. There's a peaceful feeling knowing that most likely it has been pretty well maintained and that the CM's know what they are doing. I realize there are exceptions to the rule (like BTMRR) and that occasional mishaps occur, but overall the feeling of security is abundant at DL. :)

Mukta
08-31-2004, 11:30 AM
One word: Theme. Above all else, nothing can beat the theming of Disneyland Rides. You got Potc (That's for Pirates of the Carribean, not Passion of the Clerks), Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Indy, all wonderfully themed rides. You can't get that at other parks. Six Flags, thrills no theming. The closest to theming is Universal Studios Hollywood. But they still can't beat Disney. No way.

Exactly. I am not obsessed with amusement parks. I am in love with theme parks. Entire lands that are themed to make you feel like you are somewhere else. The rides make me feel like I am somewhere else entirely. It is all about theme.

sjcivilady
08-31-2004, 12:05 PM
I don't like big roller coaster type rides (went on the ?big dipper at Santa Cruz when I was 12 and hated it, although that was 40 years ago!); so what I like are that the fast rides are just my speed. I haven't tried Screamin - but just might try it next time. And I'm going on ToT and just not thinking about it beforehand. (I only get to go once a year or so.)
Of course - Disneyland has the "magic" that nowhere else has - and the CM's play a big part in that (thank you all you CM's).

Vegitabeta
08-31-2004, 12:58 PM
Disney rides pay great attention to detail.

Disney Vault
08-31-2004, 03:10 PM
I have to also so it the themes and the CMs as well the the quality you can see they put into the rides because of all the details you can see.

SallySkellington
08-31-2004, 03:32 PM
What do you like best about the rides at DL compared to the rides at other amusement parks?

Other amusement parks? You blasphemer! :p

I like the "Disneyland buzz" I get while visiting the parks. Keeps you running better than adrenaline, and without the feeling that you're one of the walking dead.

Jon Vincible
08-31-2004, 04:08 PM
The buzz! I forgot about the buzz! I went to Disneyland the weekend of August 7th with a group of friends as a stop on our summer road trip and man, those bums couldn't keep up! Up until this trip every trip has been with my family, or more accurately, my brother (since the parents would retreat back to the hotel after a half-day). Once my brother and i were on our own it was ride after ride after ride. I think we rode Indy 14 times in a row. Anyways back to the point, this summer with my friends was a totally different experience. I thought i was listening to my parents when i heard my friends saying they wanted to go back to the hotel and take a nap! I was like, what the?! I mean sure, my legs were killing me too, and by the end of the trip they were gonna fall off, but i mean we were at DISNEYLAND! There's no such thing as sore feet and nap time when you're an 18 year old at DISNEYLAND! Needless to say, i convinced the weaklings to stay at the parks (though the first attraction on their to-do list after that was the Snow White musical). The buzz is indeed a very special part of Disneyland.

Susan L
08-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Its the variety of the magic.

Brydagr8
08-31-2004, 04:43 PM
There is just this thing, I cant explain it. It includes the sounds, the wind in your hair, the lines you wait in. Im talking about rides like Matterhorn, Thunder Mountian, and any other outdoor ride. Dont get me wrong, I also like Space Mountian and Indiana Jones (they have the best looking lines) But I preferably like the wind in my hair.

disneyhound
08-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Ditto on the Theme Factor! All the CM's dressed for their parts. My daughter and I have visited most of the other major parks in the Los Angeles area. None of them can compare to the feeling you get when enter the park. Even the CM's who check your tickets and backpacks at the main gates are trimmed and fresh. It a wholesome feeling unlike any other park on our planet!!!

sediment
08-31-2004, 06:12 PM
This needs to be repeated in its entirety.

sdfilmcritic
08-31-2004, 11:17 PM
. . . You got Potc (That's for Pirates of the Carribean, not Passion of the Clerks), Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Indy, all wonderfully themed rides. . . .
Is that a Kevin Smith sponsored ride?

ppmuse
09-01-2004, 07:33 AM
Just a quick answer off topic, POTC, Passion of the Clerks, is not a ride but a sequal that Kevin Smith will be filming in January. The sequal is to his original movie Clerks, and will have the original cast. Yes, this will include Silent Bob and Jay in small roles. But they are calling it PotC.

sdfilmcritic
09-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Just a quick answer off topic, POTC, Passion of the Clerks, is not a ride but a sequal that Kevin Smith will be filming in January. The sequal is to his original movie Clerks, and will have the original cast. Yes, this will include Silent Bob and Jay in small roles. But they are calling it PotC.
:eek: That's the one I heard about on the Internet that people can submit short films over the net and the winner gets to be an apprentice on the film's set. I didn't catch the name of the film, but I did here about this contest. I didn't catch the info on how to get involved. Sorry. :crying: