PDA

View Full Version : The old Parking Lot

sediment
08-30-2004, 12:15 PM
JHM web site has an interesting story about the old Parking Lot.
One interesting part here:
Two non-Disney entities still own parts of the old Parking Lot, and Disney leases the land under long-term contract.
Most of this leased land is where Timon lot now is. Which is why there is little hope, without significant dollars, of DCA expansion there.
Guess no one could pull the trigger on buying it up.

sediment
08-30-2004, 07:42 PM
It's not interesting?
"What's JHM?"?
"Could you provide a link?"?
here (http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1057)

Klutch
08-30-2004, 07:54 PM
I read that article this morning. I especially liked the story about parking all the yellow VW's in the same area. :)

I really don't think the leased areas of DCA have any bearing on expansion plans. I see it like Guantanimo Bay, Cuba. The U.S. leases the land from Castro (which happens to be some of the most prime real estate in the whole country), but that doesn't stop the Navy from building permanent structures. Just like Castro, the owners of the property around Disneyland would be foolish to refuse further leasing agreements. I mean, if push came to shove, the city of Anaheim could take it over and sell it to Disney (not very nice, but probably legal).

rentayenta
08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
What's JHM?

Could you provide a link?

;)

Tigertail777
08-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Jim Hill Media... http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/index.php?col=contentDate&sort=

Another cant be missed Disney site (well its also more than Disney, but you get the idea).

sediment
08-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Doesn't seem as if much of then leased areas are part of DCA. But you put, for example, an RnR Coaster out into Timon lot, and someday that becomes destroyable property, under the terms of the lease (I'm betting). That's why, as the story stated, that some of the buildings in DCA on leased land were built a bit more cheaply than DIS might have liked.
I would bet these leases are quite ironclad, otherwise they'd have been broken and taken to court by now.