PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to use someone else's regular tickets?

tink1234
08-29-2004, 07:46 PM
I definately don't want to use them if its frowned upon, because I don't believe in "working the system." Here's my situation. My parents and my family booked a suite at GCH on a pkg deal that included 3 day passes. We will be at GCH for two nights 24 and 25 of Dec. My family and I will be staying across the street on the 23rd and "doing" Disney that day with my parents meeting us on the 24th. My parents will NOT use the last day of their tickets. Is it possible to use their tickets purchasing one day tickets for the rest of our family? I would hate for them to go to waste!

Disney Vault
08-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I personally dont see anything wrong with using them in your situation. It is only frowned upon (again in my opinion) when it is on ebay or sold by a stranger.

cstephens
08-29-2004, 10:17 PM
I definately don't want to use them if its frowned upon, because I don't believe in "working the system." Here's my situation. My parents and my family booked a suite at GCH on a pkg deal that included 3 day passes. We will be at GCH for two nights 24 and 25 of Dec. My family and I will be staying across the street on the 23rd and "doing" Disney that day with my parents meeting us on the 24th. My parents will NOT use the last day of their tickets. Is it possible to use their tickets purchasing one day tickets for the rest of our family? I would hate for them to go to waste!

As I understand it, multi-day passes are not transferable. If you're asking whether you can apply the third day that they're not using to a single-day ticket instead, that's not something that can be done.

sami869
08-30-2004, 08:54 AM
There are no names on the passes and I have never been asked to sign the pack so there is no way for them to know if you were using an extra day off of your parents pass.

I think there is nothing ethically wrong with doing that in your situation but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of mouse padders and the staff at disneyland disagreed with me on that.

The only problem I forsee is that the passees come with the room that you won't be staying at until the 24th. Which I'm guessing means you recieve those tickets when you check in on the 24th. If that is true then there is no way for you to use the tickets on the 23rd if the tickets can not be gotten until the 24th.

rentayenta
08-30-2004, 09:02 AM
When we went last March we had 5 day passes. My father did not join us on the last day so we gave his ticket to a family that was waiting in line. We didn't sell it and they were so happy. I see nothing wrong with that.

You will be using your parents ticket and there is nothing immoral about that.

Christiii
08-30-2004, 09:12 AM
I sure dont see anthing wrong with using it..the day is paid for after all..its not like you are trying to sneak two people in one one day or somthing. Last spring my mom and I had tix for Regis and Kelly when they were filming there...they gave us a ticket when we checked in for both parks, but we already have annual passes. I so wanted to make someones day in line by giving them our tix..they were just regular one day both park passes. My mom was too freaked out tho..she thought our name was linked to them ot something, so I didnt do it..felt like such a waste tho...I just know someone in line would have just been thrilled to get em!

tink1234
08-30-2004, 10:26 AM
The only problem I forsee is that the passees come with the room that you won't be staying at until the 24th. Which I'm guessing means you recieve those tickets when you check in on the 24th. If that is true then there is no way for you to use the tickets on the 23rd if the tickets can not be gotten until the 24th.

OH! I never thought about that! I just assumed they came with your package when it arrives through the mail. Does anyone know?

seattlemom
08-30-2004, 10:30 AM
When we had a package from WDTC, the tickets came in the mail before the trip.

08-30-2004, 10:45 AM
I just assumed they came with your package when it arrives through the mail. Does anyone know?

I believe you receive a voucher which you redeem at check-in.

CoasterChickie
08-30-2004, 10:54 AM
It depends on who you book with....if you went through the Disney website, you get your actual tickets via Fed Ex a few weeks before your trip. You can also buy the actual tickets at the Disney Store.

dsnydon
08-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Read the back of the ticket, all you need to know is there in red ink. If you get caught you could have the ticket taken from you. If you give the ticket away or sell it you have stolen money from the Park. Let your moral code guide you.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-30-2004, 09:56 PM
As far as I see it the park gets the admission for 3 days but they, the parents, are not going to be using them for 3 days, so technically Disney is getting is not out anything if the other family members use the tickets on the first day, they paid for the admission that day anyway!
But I see a problem if you are asked to sign them. Everyone keeps saying they don't ask you to sign, but yet in May we were asked to sign ours, before we transfered them to annual passes. So it is not a guarantee that you will not be asked to sign them. Although if I remember correctly they asked us to sign them on the 2nd day.

DefyingGravity
08-31-2004, 05:28 PM
On sort of the same note, I have a different question. My friend and I are going to be at DL for a couple of days with my grandma. She will spend some time in the parks, but not a ton. Are you able to use someone's ticket that was not used for admission to get fastpasses? Because we want to be able to collect fastpasses in groups of three, so we can all ride together, but she won't be in the parks until later. Is this possible? Thanks!

Forbin
08-31-2004, 05:31 PM
No Defy, if you try that your fast pass says something like 'it's banned for a day'. Someone tried that earlier with AP's. The system keeps track. Though I wonder if it works on the unconnected machines.

missm
08-31-2004, 08:16 PM
On sort of the same note, I have a different question. My friend and I are going to be at DL for a couple of days with my grandma. She will spend some time in the parks, but not a ton. Are you able to use someone's ticket that was not used for admission to get fastpasses? Because we want to be able to collect fastpasses in groups of three, so we can all ride together, but she won't be in the parks until later. Is this possible? Thanks!

So you want to take your grandmas ticket in with you in the morning and get her some fastpasses for later that night? If so I don't see why that would be a problem. I did that with my mom and uncles while I was there. I would go when the park was opening and run around and get all of our fastpasses for the day. We had unlimited fastpasses from AAA so it made it really easy.

sami869
09-01-2004, 10:21 AM
She will spend some time in the parks, but not a ton. Are you able to use someone's ticket that was not used for admission to get fastpasses? Because we want to be able to collect fastpasses in groups of three, so we can all ride together, but she won't be in the parks until later. Is this possible? Thanks!

If she has entered the park that day then that would be fine. If her ticket has not been used to enter the park that day and you run it through the fastpass machine it can make the park ticket void. Perhaps you could explain your situation to the person checking tickets at the front gate and they could run it through the machine even though she's not with you?

missm
09-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Perhaps you could explain your situation to the person checking tickets at the front gate and they could run it through the machine even though she's not with you?

Oops I forgot to tell you that part. They ran the tickets through for me. A few mornings my mom and uncle just sat on a bench or ate breakfast while I went and got fastpasses. Maybe your grandma could go in with you and people watch while you get her fastpasses and then she can go do her own thing until night time.

DefyingGravity
09-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the help! I'll try asking the ticket people if they can scan her ticket, or I'll just have her come ito the parks with us, then leave. We're staying at the GCH, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

JeffG
09-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Oops I forgot to tell you that part. They ran the tickets through for me. A few mornings my mom and uncle just sat on a bench or ate breakfast while I went and got fastpasses. Maybe your grandma could go in with you and people watch while you get her fastpasses and then she can go do her own thing until night time.

Are you saying that they scanned your Mom and Uncle's tickets through at the turnstiles without them being present? If so, how did they get into the park later without handstamps?

-Jeff

missm
09-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Are you saying that they scanned your Mom and Uncle's tickets through at the turnstiles without them being present? If so, how did they get into the park later without handstamps?

-Jeff

I went back to the hotel and gave them their tickets. We had signed our tickets I don't know if that made a difference.

experiment626
09-02-2004, 08:33 PM
I too see nothing wrong with passing along a park hopper tickets. The days are paid for, someone might as well get use out of them. We actually used left over park hoppers from a trip the group home that my dad worked for a few years ago. They got 3 day park hoppers with one day free, they only went for 3 days. So they had 13 passes with one day left, we were going for 4 days the next week. It worked great. All we had to do was buy one childrens hopper. So every day we used as different hopper, over the next 4 days. I would not sell left over days or purchase them off ebay or anyone else, however.

There are no names on the passes and I have never been asked to sign the pack so there is no way for them to know if you were using an extra day off of your parents pass.
This is not completely true. My mom got a Park Hopper through an AAA ticket only package and when it was scanned it actually said "Welcome Moms Name" I was shocked.