PDA

View Full Version : Will the Indy snake be moving at Christmas?

tink1234
08-29-2004, 11:30 AM
I've heard on here reports that the Indy snake just sits. Does he still? Do you think he will be moving by Christmas?

Vegitabeta
08-29-2004, 11:44 AM
I think it moves slightly, but you're moving so fast it's hard to tell!

David R
08-29-2004, 12:07 PM
The snake that was supposed to be installed during the last rehab was faulty so they installed a static one while the new one is being made correctly.

I heard rumors that the new one would be installed during off season this fall, so if you go by that rumor, the snake should once again be moving by Christmas. But I haven't heard of any Indy downtime so far. Maybe they can install it overnight?

sdfilmcritic
08-31-2004, 12:53 AM
I wish they would turn down the SFX for the snake hiss. It's sharply loud and it hurts my ears if I'm sitting on the right side of the vehicle. If they don't turn it down I guess I will have to grin and bear it, but at least I can have my wishful thinking.

Disneyfreak
08-31-2004, 01:45 PM
It has to be loud for the whole jeep to hear it very well. If it is too loud, dont sit in that corner.

Bill Catherall
08-31-2004, 02:48 PM
It's sharply loud and it hurts my ears if I'm sitting on the right side of the vehicle. ALL of the sound FX on Indy hurt my ears. Especially on the right side of the vehicle. I love the ride, but I have to plug my ears at certain parts.

Disney Vault
08-31-2004, 03:12 PM
When indy is holding the doors shut it is so loud for my ears but nothing else really bothers me.

disneyperson
08-31-2004, 04:27 PM
We rode Indie many times this past weekend and it did seem much louder to me than before. It was a little painful in some places. I hope the snake moves again soon, after all, she's not supposed to be a statue of a snake. I heard Indie say something I'd never heard before. At the start he said "Go to the left, it's your only chance" just like always, but then just as we passed he said, "no,that's wrong to the right!" Maybe I never noticed it before because the soundtrack is louder now.Hee-hee

Jon Vincible
08-31-2004, 04:34 PM
When i was riding Indy last month i remembered that the Indy closing the doors was always extremely loud. However, when i rode it this time it didn't seem to be as loud as i remember because it didn't hurt my ears. So either they turned it down, or listening to my rock music too loud is making me go deaf.

splashmtngurl
09-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Does anyone really know EXACTLY why the snake doesnt work? Its weird for me because i dont think i have ever seen it move even an inch!!!! Believe it or not, the first time i rode indy was when i was in 4th grade, 2001...and since then i have been to disneyland 2 times and so in the three times i've ridden indie, the snake has never worked. :( i would really like to see it, i heard it adds alot to the ride!

Bill Catherall
09-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Does anyone really know EXACTLY why the snake doesnt work?
See David R's post above.

Jon Vincible
09-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Well i don't know how much it adds to the ride. I mean you pass by it so quickly. It is neat though, watching a big glow in the dark snake lunge at your jeep.

Disneyfreak
09-01-2004, 09:59 AM
It adds wow factor to the ride.

SallySkellington
09-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Not to mention it'll scare you to death if you're sitting on the right side. :eek:

disneyperson
09-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Why ,Sally Skellington, afraid of a sweet little snake? hee-hee

Uncle Remus
09-02-2004, 04:04 PM
I was there this past weekend and I had to plug my ears when I went by the snake. I got some good pictures of that snake while it was still though. anyways I hope they get him to go again. I thought they stopped him from moving because of safety issues. It doesnt seem right without it moving.