PDA

View Full Version : How can you get Mickey Mouse to visit your room?

calguy77
08-29-2004, 04:41 AM
Will be staying at the DLH first week of Dec. I was wondering if anyone new, what the cost or how you can get Mickey Mouse to visit your room. My nephew, who is 4, will be visiting for his first time. It will be the first time I get to spend a little christmas time with him(even though its 3 weeks before) and I really wanted to do something special for him, like have Santa Mickey bring him my christmas gifts. Any help would be great.

Thanks!!!

calguy77
08-29-2004, 04:45 AM
Sorry about spelling above, this is what happens when you get an idea at 4am.

David R
08-29-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm not sure about DL. I remember reading that this is possible at WDW but it is very expensive. You pay for the time from the moment the character steps on stage and due to "show", even though the character and host will try to get to your room asap, they may have to stop a picture or autograph if put on the spot, and the clock will still be running.

Hopefully someone here can tell you if it is possible at DL. You may also may want to try calling DL directly and inquire if this is a service they offer.

Disney Vault
08-29-2004, 10:37 AM
I have never heard of this but i guess that it is possible.

Fozzie
08-29-2004, 04:30 PM
It might be easier (or more cost effective, depending on your travel budget) to have a meal at Goofy's Kitchen while you're at the Disneyland Hotel. Several characters appear in GK, and they'll visit you at your table while you eat. Just a thought.... :)

Christiii
08-29-2004, 04:37 PM
thats what I was thinking...or get realy clever and make up some really cool packages with all things Disney and have them left at the front desk for you lil guy from THE big guy...I know..leave a plate of cheese and snacks out that night..and have a bunch of gifties the next morning left for him by the snack plate..like Santa Mouse...gosh I would love that..even now!!
Hes still yopung enough that you can think of all sorts of magical things for him that he will remember forever...without spending a toooon of money, besides..you will end up doing that at the park anyway..hehe :-0)

TempoNZ
08-29-2004, 05:33 PM
thats what I was thinking...or get realy clever and make up some really cool packages with all things Disney and have them left at the front desk for you lil guy from THE big guy...

I love this idea!!! Have it done up in a little Mickey bag etc any kid (Big or small
:) ) would love it. You could even get him to leave a message for Mickey which Mickey could answer after saying thanks for the Cheese etc. Maybe have Mickey tell him he'll see him in the park on "add day you are at park" when he drops by etc.... (Heck I'm all excited about the idea myself... I wonder if my wife would be keen on this when we hit WDW? ?mmmm)

Pilot Mickey
08-30-2004, 01:24 AM
ya disney has Mickeys signature on file i'm sure if u asked the front desk they would be able to work something out, have a letter or something that they slip under the door and says mickey stoped by to say hi earler in the morning but no one answered the door something like that :D and i agree with, Christiii,i wish "santa mouse" would visit my hotel room:)

08-30-2004, 07:20 AM
My guess is that almost anything is possible if you have enough moola to back it up.

Call the DLH and find out just how much. If it's outrageous (and it will be), you now have some great Plan B's, thanks to some very creative Padders!

sami869
08-30-2004, 08:15 AM
It's probably possible but if so it's definitly going to be expensive. While not as impressive but still magical you could take him to a character breakfast where Mickey would be and tell your nephew that you need to go the restroom but instead sneak a present over to mickey and ask him to give it to your nephew when he visits your table. That way he'd still be getting a gift from mickey but it wouldn't cost nearly as much.

Christiii
08-30-2004, 08:36 AM
ok..gotta tell you guys what qa total nerd I am..when I was really little, my mom bought me the book about Santa mouse, and the story is about a lil helper of Santas that hides his special gift to you in the bows of the christmas tree...my mom found a little mouse box and put a gift in there for me that year..and every year since..in the smae box..and Im uhhh...42..choke choke...cough...(still cant believe it, and Ill b e 43 in Nov..ugh!!) amyhoo...if you did something like that at Disneyland with Mickey, Ill bet that will be such a special memory for him!! Especially if Mickey leaves a little something for him every year...how kewl!! I just know how much I love it!!

Arnie
08-30-2004, 09:36 AM
It's probably possible but if so it's definitly going to be expensive. While not as impressive but still magical you could take him to a character breakfast where Mickey would be and tell your nephew that you need to go the restroom but instead sneak a present over to mickey and ask him to give it to your nephew when he visits your table. That way he'd still be getting a gift from mickey but it wouldn't cost nearly as much.

Good idea, however I don't think that Mickey usually ever shows up at the character breakfasts. From what I have read on the boards you can find a lot of the other big name characters but not the Head Mouse. Like you always see Minnie at PP Hotel breakfast, and Goofy at Goofy's Kitchen (possibly Donald and Pluto too), and Chip and Dale at the Storytellers Cafe.

I have not been to a Character Breakfast since I was little ( Will be taking my daughter to Goofy's in 2 weeks) so someone else may need to correct me. Again this is from what I have read on the boards.

sami869
08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Good idea, however I don't think that Mickey usually ever shows up at the character breakfasts. From what I have read on the boards you can find a lot of the other big name characters but not the Head Mouse. Like you always see Minnie at PP Hotel breakfast, and Goofy at Goofy's Kitchen (possibly Donald and Pluto too), and Chip and Dale at the Storytellers Cafe.

I have not been to a Character Breakfast since I was little ( Will be taking my daughter to Goofy's in 2 weeks) so someone else may need to correct me. Again this is from what I have read on the boards.

Good point. I've have never been able to aford a character breakfast so I have clue which locations which characters show up at. I'm sure someone here will know.

dsny1mom
08-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Currently MM is not a regular at any of the character meals. My daughter, who has an amazing memory for anything Disneyland related, swears to me he used to be at Goofy's when she was a little one, but I don't remember one way or another.

The only places one can usually get close to MM is at the front of Main Street and in his movie barn. I'm not sure if trying to bring wrapped gifts into the park would be a wise idea, with the current state of security and all. But..... a gift in a gift bag hidden inside a back pack could easily pass through the security check and then snuck to a CM right before you enter the movie barn. You might want to wait and have your nephew see MM last that way any other children in the room with him wouldn't be upset that they weren't getting a gift from MM too!

But before you get your hopes up I'd contact Vacation Planning to see if they can find out *if* MM will even be able to do this type of thing.

dsny1mom

Forbin
08-30-2004, 11:28 AM
The best is in his House. You get to have personal time with him (About 2 minutes?) get a hug and a picture.

Disney Vault
08-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Is MM dressed as santa in his movie barn around christmas time?

Fozzie
08-30-2004, 03:12 PM
While not as impressive but still magical you could take him to a character breakfast where Mickey would be and tell your nephew that you need to go the restroom but instead sneak a present over to mickey and ask him to give it to your nephew when he visits your table.

I actually don't think the characters are allowed to do that. I know for certain that they aren't allowed to accept gifts, and chances are they wouldn't be able to "present" a gift - it would cause confusion, and other guests would want to know why their kids didn't receive anything....

Mickey doesn't appear at the character Breakfasts. You can find him in Toontown, and sometimes in Town Sqaure and (of course) the parades.

Goofy's Kitchen always has Goofy & Pluto, and two more characters - usually Rafiki, Baloo, or Geenie. They also usually have two "face characters" like Aladdin, Snow White, or the Mad Hatter. Storyteller's Cafe has Chip, Dale and Pluto. Plaza Inn has Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and usually Pluto.

adriennek
08-30-2004, 03:34 PM
The best is in his House. You get to have personal time with him (About 2 minutes?) get a hug and a picture.

I totally agree. We actually like to "hold back" and let anyone else in the room with us "go first" so we get our own private audience with the Big Cheese. We have never, EVER felt rushed with Mickey. They let us take as much time as we want, in my past experiences.

It's nice that Mickey can't talk because I can do the talking for him. "Hi, Mickey, you remember Matthew, Spencer, and Colin" "Yes, that's right, you saw Matthew when he was Colin's size!" ;) Mickey nods well. :D

Autographed glossies of Mickey are usually "getable". I suggest calling Vacation Planning and asking if they can arrange one in your room for your son. Maybe you'd like to pre-order a pair of ears with his name on them? You can get those through Vacation Planning if you're staying at the DL Hotel. If you want them even before you get to the park, you can get them and lots of other "pre-trip" goodies from MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com).

Adrienne

Disclaimer: I'm not the Adrienne that owns MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com), I'm a satisfied MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com) and CharmingShoppe (http://www.charmingshoppe.com) customer.

Mark Goldhaber
08-30-2004, 04:09 PM
My guess is that almost anything is possible if you have enough moola to back it up.
As we call that when requested to price out project requests, "AFM." That's Anything For Money.

Susan L
08-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Call 714-300-PLAN. This is a service that DLR provides for its guest. They can help you plan for special occasions. I'm sure they will be able to help you.

ChipmunkStar
08-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Mickey does not do personal hotel room visits. Maybe if you're like a bazillionaire, but I have never heard of this happening.

Mickey does not appear at any character dining experience at the DL Resort (aside from the Happoest Birthdays on Earth, but that's not really a meal anyways).

Mickey does not dress up as Santa Claus for the holidays (although Goofy does). He does, however, have a nice holiday sweater that he wears outside of his house. If you see him in the early morning on his porch in ToonTown, or in Town Square on Main Street, you can see him wearing it. Once he is in the movie barn, however, he pops back into whatever outfit he's wearing to film that day.

JeffG
08-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Mickey does not appear at any character dining experience at the DL Resort (aside from the Happoest Birthdays on Earth, but that's not really a meal anyways).

That isn't quite true, but the one he does appear at isn't generally available to most guests. Mickey and Minnie both appear at the Club 33 Sunday brunch.

-Jeff

ChipmunkStar
08-31-2004, 08:55 AM
That isn't quite true, but the one he does appear at isn't generally available to most guests. Mickey and Minnie both appear at the Club 33 Sunday brunch.

-Jeff

But that's also not advertised as a "Character Dining Experience" to the GP. Don't know whether it's advertised that way to Club members. In any case, yes Mickey and Pluto do visit at the Club 33 Sunday Brunch. Good luck getting in though.