PDA

View Full Version : AP Nights this fall/PPH?

BJW
08-29-2004, 01:19 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew why the AP nights rates were so different this fall. It says rates start as low as $119 for the DLH, which is what the rate for DLH was last fall. However, it doesn't give the PPH rate, which was $89 last fall. Are they excluding PPH this year from the AP nights? This would mean that PPH would cost more than the DLH. Could the remodeling have moved PPH into a higher rate bracket. I know GCH is usually $189 on AP nights so it would have to be between $119-$189.

I'm thinking that maybe they just didn't mention PPH because they want you to book the higher rooms. Anyone here know? :confused:

CoasterChickie
08-29-2004, 07:18 AM
There have been many times when I've checked room rates and found that the PPH was higher than the DLH. I think it may be because the PPH has a lot less rooms so it sells out faster. Perhaps greater demand = greater cost.

If you book through Expedia farther from the arrival date it's $149 for PPH and $200 for DLH. If you book closer to the arrival date it's only $139 for DLH. The GCH always stays about the same $289 so it's definitely worth it to have an AP so you can get the $189 rate.

miss bianca
08-29-2004, 09:17 AM
I booked the PPH hotel for 9/16-9/18 for $99 thursday $119 friday night.

The AP rates for PPH have been out for about a week or two.

They always seem to just mention the DLH and not PPH or GCH. I think its because its the middle of the road when it comes to $$. PPH is the cheapest and GCH is the most expensive. <---just my guess. :)

dsny1mom
08-29-2004, 12:44 PM
The current AP rates using code APW are valid through Oct 9th. No AP rates have been announced past that date. There is also another code LSG that gives rates a bit higher than the AP rates but it also doesn't last past the beginning of Oct, if memory serves me well. The only deal that is currently available past Oct. 9th is through WDT and that is stay three nights and get the 4th free, but it has to be with a package, as WDT doesn't just sell room reservations.

dsny1mom

BJW
08-30-2004, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the responses. $99 seems reasonable for a weekday room. I'm willing to bet they extend this deal beyond the 9th if attendance stays low. It seems like they did something like this last year too.