PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think of the BTMRR report?

splashmtngurl
08-27-2004, 09:46 PM
I thought that the report explained the acccident very well but am I right in thinking that it could be a long time before this attraction is certified to re-open? I mean they have to re-configure the entire ride controll system, shouldnt that take quite awhile?

I also found it interesting that the operator (one who made the error) working in the tower, had only been working there for a grand total of 3 days. Perhaps he was careless and simply didnt follow the train removal procedure but it also kind of sounds like he was not properly trained. I mean they arent firing him but merley retraining him.

I dunno, what do you all think?

AVP
08-27-2004, 09:54 PM
I thought that the report explained the acccident very well but am I right in thinking that it could be a long time before this attraction is certified to re-open? No - the ride reopened about 4.5 hours ago.

AVP

BJW
08-28-2004, 01:27 AM
I also found it interesting that the operator (one who made the error) working in the tower, had only been working there for a grand total of 3 days. Perhaps he was careless and simply didnt follow the train removal procedure but it also kind of sounds like he was not properly trained. I mean they arent firing him but merley retraining him.

I dunno, what do you all think?This is insane!!! :mad: I sure hope it was Irby that let something like this slip by and not Emmer and Ouimet, otherwise they should be on their way out too! Putting someone up there thats only been working for 3 days is ridiculous! I don't like the idea that a bunch of greedy, mindless business executives are playing Russian roulette with our lives. You should have to train for months before working an important position like this! I'm going to send an e-mail to guest communications right now and let them know what I think of this!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 01:34 PM
I have to agree that a 3 day employee should at least been working with someone else in an important position like that.

PhilMP
08-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Well...the last accident happenend when a more experienced CM ran two trains into each other from Tower...and these trains the CM could look down and see.

Either replace these CMs with newer, more attentive ones, or replace ride systems completely with a completely computerized dispatch system, utilizing motion sensors and such. Lives are too important to place in the hands of college students too intent on impressing that cute guy or girl in line to care about Guest safety.

disneymania
08-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Are you kidding? It's up? I'm sooooo very happy. I'm going in 9 days, and as we all know it's the beginning of rides down. Now I can only hope that someone else doesn't have an accident before then.

DCACM
08-28-2004, 05:35 PM
This is insane!!! :mad: I sure hope it was Irby that let something like this slip by and not Emmer and Ouimet, otherwise they should be on their way out too!Relax, don't jump to conclusions.

Putting someone up there thats only been working for 3 days is ridiculous!I'm pretty sure BTMRR is a cross-train attraction, and not open to new hires. The CM may have been in the resort for some time, but only at BTMRR for the 3rd time. An accident can happen under both a beginner and a pro's watch.

I don't like the idea that a bunch of greedy, mindless business executives are playing Russian roulette with our lives. Get out those pitch forks and torches!
You should have to train for months before working an important position like this!Again, I'm pretty sure BTMRR is a cross-train attraction, not open to new hires. Can any BTMRR cms out there confirm this? I know Screamin is cross-train only, so I'm almost positive the other coasters are as well.

BJW
08-29-2004, 12:35 AM
DCACM, that's good to know that these are cross-train. So is it generally assumed that some attractions are similar in nature and if you train on one it will be easier to train on another? It just seems that a more experienced CM would not have made a mistake like what was mentioned in the DOSH report. I think that it would make a huge difference if the CM had training on a previous attraction.

kmovies
08-29-2004, 08:37 AM
While it is nice to always have experienced people running the tower, every single person has to have a 3rd day on the "tower" job (unless they were so bad the first two times that there wasn't a third time), even if that was 20 years ago. Who knows how long he had been working on the attraction prior to getting the "tower" position.

Sometimes, newer employees are great because they pay attention more, whereas the very experienced person sometimes starts to play it by ear.

It was just unfortuant that it happened.