PDA

View Full Version : Trip in December - Questions

DefyingGravity
08-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi everybody!

My friend's mom wants to take me me and my friend to Disneyland in December. We're probably going around the 18th, as we have finals. Is it going to be a madhouse then, or is it still before the Christmas rush? Do we have any chance of getting a room at the GCH? Also, are they going to try to not have too much being refurbed at the time for the holidays? Any help or tips would be most appreciated. I've never been during December, and have no idea what to expect. Thanks!

Mukta
08-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Disneyland in December is crowded on the weekends and pretty mild on weekenights. By the 18th however, it starts to get a little more crowded. You should reserve a room at GCH ahead of time though. If you can go on a weekday, you are much better off.
They don't usually have too much down at that time. Holiday Small world and Holiday Haunted Mansion will be up and running. The fireworks have the fake snow at the end. The park is lovely in winter.

LAsptsfan3
08-27-2004, 08:08 PM
expect the temps to be colder than you might think...esp. at nighttime. The park looks beautiful at Christmastime, with plenty of decorations up and the parade/fireworks in full swing. I think its a great time of year to go and enjoy the various decor. Dont go in expecting no crowds and being able to go on all your favorite rides in a day. Utilize fastpass and take time soaking in the scenery as it is magnificent in its own right. It will get busier during weekends and slightly lighter on weekdays during this time. I hope you enjoy your trip.