PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Nightmares

nursemelis374
08-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Do you guys ever have nightmares relating to DL? I always have one that I am on my way to the park and things keep happening that prevent me from getting there. Car breaks down, we stop to eat, whatever. I have also had to stop reading guides before I go to bed or else I get so excited I can't sleep! I also had one that they made a new policy that you had to work there one shift a month if you wanted to go. Isn't that weird? Any other ones?

sleepyjeff
08-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Most of my Disney nightmares take place in DCA :eek:

SummerinFL
08-27-2004, 08:14 AM
I have a story to tell that is WDW related but not DL but used to give me nightmares.

When I was 10 years old we went to WDW and I decided for the first time that I wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion ride....alone. That is all fine and good but you know the part with the woman in the wedding dress with the bleeding red heart and the heart beating really loud in the background?
Well I got on the ride and got right to that point and my car happened to be right next to her and the ride just stopped.....for 10 minutes. They turned off the music and announced that they were having techinical difficulties but didn't turn off the heart beating sound. So there I was, sitting in the dark, about 5-8ft from this psycho woman in a brides dress with a beating red heart, 10 years old and terrified.

You'll be happy to know it doesn't bother me now except when I go on the ride and I get to that point and I think just for one moment that ride is going to stop again and my anxiety level goes up just a touch hehe Now I find it kind of funny when it happens.

NoCalDad
08-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I have this horrible nightmare. I'm in Disneyland, two mountains are closed, Indy is broken, the castle is covered in tarps, and hot dogs cost 5 bucks.

SallySkellington
08-27-2004, 09:37 AM
I always have one that I am on my way to the park and things keep happening that prevent me from getting there.

I have similar nightmares. Mine is I'll be looking for a certain ride, but I can never find it. Sometimes I'll have one where I'm waiting for someone to meet me so we can go on the rides, but they never show up. Mostly it's the looking for the ride, though. My nightmare Disneyland is a labyrinth.

blusilva
08-27-2004, 10:08 AM
I have recurring theme dreams - not the exact same dream, but similar ones. My particular Disneyland recurring theme is drowning in the water rides. Pirates, Small World, the Sub Lagoon, the Rivers of America....I've drowned in them all. Small World seems to be my subconscious' favorite place to drown.

I haven't had one in a long time, though. And I haven't drowned on Splash Mountain, the Jungle Cruise or the Castle Moat - yet.

RagtimePrince
08-27-2004, 10:26 AM
When I was two and my parents first took me to DL, I had horrible dreams for months thanks to one attraction.

Small World. :(

dlandnut
08-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Most of my Disney nightmares take place in DCA :eek:

Sleepy Jeff must be an out-of-work comedian. I love DCA. :)

drjones
08-27-2004, 01:36 PM
I always have a recurring dream that I'm at Disneyland, but it is not Disneyland. You enter the park at the front door of the house I grew up in. The sign says "Disneyland" and I looks kinda like Disneyland, but there are rides that Disney would never have... MAybe it is a sign for me to build my own park, based on that dream

Photographer
08-27-2004, 04:41 PM
I had a few dreams that told me to be at Disneyland on Main St. at midnight because something magnificent would happen. So on several occasions I actually stood there on Main St. at midnight but nothing happened.

Once I dreamt that Pinocchio was chasing me. He wanted to make me into a puppet. He carried an axe and well I gues he thought I was made of wood.
:( It was bad, I stayed away from Pinocchio for a while after that.

sediment
08-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Once I dreamt that Pinocchio was chasing me.
Freud would have a field day with that.

MrsG
08-27-2004, 05:40 PM
I have had recurring dreams where I go to Disneyland but it doesn't look like Disneyland and it is full of God-aweful Magic Mountain type rides. And as I am going through all the queue areas to get on the rides, people have gotten sick all over the place. :( Someone want to analyze that for me?? Yuck!!

crinklebat
08-28-2004, 08:33 AM
You'll be happy to know it doesn't bother me now except when I go on the ride and I get to that point and I think just for one moment that ride is going to stop again and my anxiety level goes up just a touch hehe Now I find it kind of funny when it happens.

My dad has this too--on the part of PotC with the pirates whistling at the dog to try to get the keys. He claims to have been stuck there for several hours as a kid (I really can't imagine they'd leave a full boat in the ride for 2-3 hours, but so he says) and every time we get on that ride, if the boat pauses even a little, he gets all jumpy and says "oh, god, not again!" and other such panicked things.

Just goes to show it doesn't even have to be a scary ride to leave a lasting impression.