PDA

View Full Version : Are tour reservations a have-to?

sdfilmcritic
08-27-2004, 05:40 AM
I frequently visit DL by myself and have never participated in a park tour. Of course I've been strongly considering the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour before the AP discounted rate is over. I will most likely be doing the tour by myself, and since the max number of people is five I don't think one person in the group would be a problem.

What I would like to know is if it is a requirement to make a reservation for a tour for just me. I've always seen the kiosk stand with the Tour CM standing next to it near City Hall and so I know it's DL's way of getting last minute business. I need people with some experience to help me out here. Do I need a reservation? Is it okay to be by myself in the tour "group"?

Niwel
08-27-2004, 10:06 AM
I've done both "Walk in Walts" and "Holiday Time" by myself -- I loved it. I booked in advance to be sure that there would be room for the time I wanted. While there often is space the day of -- sometimes there isn't. Plus, some of the tours start right when the main gate opens, so you will need your reservation before that. You pick up your tickets at the Guest Service windows between the main gate and the picnic area.
Or you can always try your luck the next time you go :)

Photographer
08-27-2004, 10:40 AM
I once bought my ticket the morning of and wound up being the only person on the tour. :cool:

Maus
08-27-2004, 08:02 PM
I once bought my ticket the morning of and wound up being the only person on the tour. :cool:
Same thing happened to me!