PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Bay Island

Animalia
08-26-2004, 08:57 AM
In 2001 "Luminaria" premiered in DCA for the holidays. A night time show involving fireworks and dancing fountains. The production required a small island of equipment to be placed in the middle of Paradise Bay. After the holidays "Luminaria" never returned and a new show was never designed to replace it. Since the island cuts into the illusion of being at the Pacific coast, I was wondering if anyone knew why after two and a half years it has never been removed. Just curious. :confused:
Thanks

08-27-2004, 05:50 AM
Bump! Anyone know or have an educated guess?

stan4d_steph
08-27-2004, 05:57 AM
Guess: They're considering doing another show and don't want to remove it?

sdfilmcritic
08-27-2004, 06:12 AM
Are you referring to that large "hole" in the middle of the "lake" that looks really unattractive?

Animalia
08-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Yep. The one with all the mirrors wrapped around the base in an attempt to make it blend in with the water and seem invisible.

And thank you 3894 for nudging a response. Asking a question and getting chirping crickets can be discouraging. I should've said in my initial post that even a guess would be welcome.

08-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Asking a question and getting chirping crickets can be discouraging.

No lie. There's an incredible fund of knowledge on MousePad. Color me surprised if someone doesn't post an answer that makes us all go aha!

SallySkellington
08-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Anyone know or have an educated guess?

I have a guess- that Eisner's too cheap or lazy or both to remove it.

mystycalchyk
08-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey I remember Luminaria....erm..at least I remember it being there sort of. We were stoked to see it back in '01 and staked out a great spot and waited for like an hour. They cancelled the show though about 15 mintues before it was supposed to start. I remember vividly being ticked. Did anyone ever see it? I guess it was maybe the same show as Illuminations in WDW, since I remember the globe thing.

As far as why it isnt fixed....I go with the Eisners too busy counting the money Disney has made him and doesnt want to spend a precious penny of it to fix the problem.

Disney Vault
08-27-2004, 10:14 AM
I hope they keep it there and plan on doing something with it.

olegc
08-27-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm sure there are lots of ideas - but nothing on CM Matt or CM Greg's shopping list. But - budgets get approved soon for 2005 so maybe something will leak out...

Frankly - I'll gladly have a lump in the middle of the lake if I can get an assurance that something worthwhile is going to go into that Hellmouth of a park any time soon...