PDA

View Full Version : Excellence in DL and DCA Snacking

Pages : [1] 2

08-26-2004, 06:43 AM
What one snack at the resort takes the blue ribbon?

And if you like, what one snack really blows?

lisap
08-26-2004, 07:44 AM
One? Just one?

Okay, I am one of the few who like the warm honey popcorn served in Critter Country. That box will last me all day, with filling-pulling goodness. And the kids don't like it, so it's mine...all mine. :~D

I don't care for the cotton candy so well. Too messy and gritty.

tlovesdis
08-26-2004, 09:49 AM
I don't know if I can only pick one!! Ok, my absolute favorite snack would have to be a carmel apple dunked in dark chocolate from Marcelien's (excuse the spelling). (my second is peppermint ice cream from Gibson Girl!)

sdfilmcritic
08-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Does 'Tiki' (pineapple) Juice count? That stuff is so sweet and tasty that I do whatever I can to get a cup on every trip to the park.

rentayenta
08-27-2004, 04:46 AM
I swear that DL popcorn has crack in it because it is sooooo good.

Mint Juleps bite.

EVILMICKEY
08-27-2004, 09:38 AM
MY GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVE A THING FOR CHURROS, BUT NOT YOUR REGUALR CHURROS, STRAWBERRY FLAVORED. THEY ONLY OFFERED THIS AT DCA AT ANY CHURRO STAND, BUT NO LONGER...BUT WHY? :confused: : ANOTHER ITEM WE MISS WHICH WAS RECENTLY ADDED DUE TO THE POOH RIDE WAS HONEY FLAVORED POPCORN LOCATED ACROSS FROM THE POOH FP DISTRIBUTION (NOT NEEDED). ON OUR LAST VISIT THEY INFORMED US THAT THEY HAVENT BEEN MAKING IT...BUT WHY? :confused: THESE WERE SOME OF OUR FAVORITES BUT NO LONGER...BUT WHY? :confused:

08-27-2004, 09:46 AM
EVILMICKEY! I know it's frustrating but, please, don't yell.

(All caps on a message board = a yell)

Thanks!

Wendi
08-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Best: Sliced Caramel Apple

Worst: I guess for me it would be anything Nestle... I can't stand those baby-killers... I'm a Nestle boycotter all the way!!! I can't think of any particular food that I've had that wasn't good for snacking on...

miss bianca
08-27-2004, 10:52 AM
ANOTHER ITEM WE MISS WHICH WAS RECENTLY ADDED DUE TO THE POOH RIDE WAS HONEY FLAVORED POPCORN LOCATED ACROSS FROM THE POOH FP DISTRIBUTION (NOT NEEDED). ON OUR LAST VISIT THEY INFORMED US THAT THEY HAVENT BEEN MAKING IT...

What? :eek: Can someone confirm this? Honey Popcorn Gone!?! :( :( :(

rentayenta
08-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Best: Sliced Caramel Apple

Worst: I guess for me it would be anything Nestle... I can't stand those baby-killers... I'm a Nestle boycotter all the way!!! I can't think of any particular food that I've had that wasn't good for snacking on...

How does Nestle kill babies and how are they still in business if their products are killing children?

Wendi
08-27-2004, 12:37 PM
How does Nestle kill babies and how are they still in business if their products are killing children?

Here's a very quick and easy site with information on this... Unethical Nestle (http://www.breastfeeding.com/advocacy/advocacy_boycott.html)

In a nutshell, Nestle markets formula to third world countries with families that cannot afford formula. They offer free formula long enough for mother's breastmilk to dry up and then leave them unable to afford formula, which in many cases adds up to 50% of the family income. This leads to malnutrition and death. It is extremely unethical and irresponsible - and Nestle continues to do this today. They have not adhered to the WHO Code and apparently don't plan on it and don't care.

There are plenty of other horrendous things that Nestle does... but this is the basic reason I cannot and will not purchase their products.

rentayenta
08-27-2004, 01:08 PM
That's awful. There goes my coffeemate in the mornings. How can they not have to adhere to the rules?

CalgonMoment
08-27-2004, 02:59 PM
I was just there on Tuesday and the honey popcorn looked open.

MrsG
08-27-2004, 06:25 PM
I swear that DL popcorn has crack in it because it is sooooo good.

I think you are right because I am so addicted!

And you all are going to hate me for this but I am not a fan of churros...

minniemom
08-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Ok mine isn't a snack, but it is more a meal. We love the french toast at Storytellers. It is dipped in a vanial sauce after being cook and then smoothered in a carmel sauce. We love it so much I called and got the reciepe. Every trip we try and have breakfast there a couple of times, just for the french toast. Yummy, one month till french toast time!

MammaSilva
08-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Gotta have snack.....churros...the original

not impressed snack.....the cotton candy ... it's too gritty for my taste.

There are a LOT Of other great snacks but if I don't get a churro I feel deprived :(

sarahsmile
08-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Big fan of the churros, but once Ralph Brennan's started selling the Beingets in DTD, I found myself wandering out of the park!

Vegitabeta
08-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Gotta have...a churro

Make sure I don't have...a Tigger tail from the Winnie the Pooh shop in Critter Country, it would be ok if it wasn't orange flavoured :|

cstephens
08-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Big fan of the churros, but once Ralph Brennan's started selling the Beingets in DTD, I found myself wandering out of the park!

Has anyone had them both in the restaurant itself and from the downstairs takeout place? Do they serve from the same supply? I keep hearing how good these are, but when I had them for dessert at the restaurant, I was seriously not impressed.

Darren
08-28-2004, 05:58 AM
I may be the only one with this opinion, but the popcorn at DL is not IMHO very good. I occasionally work at an independant movie theatre as a projectionist and find our own popcorn superior in every way. Of course I ussually eat it so fresh its still roasting hot, but even the popcorn that has sat overnight tastes better to me than DL popcorn. I don't know if it the salt/seasoning used or the butter/whatever the h*ll topping used but I don't care for it.

CarlieB
08-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Best: Churros

Worst: Coffee

AlohaJulie
08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Best: chocolate-dipped caramel pops (preferably from the candy store in DCA)

Worst: turkey legs (dark meat!)

I would say the chocolate fondue at Storyteller's, but that's not a snack. It's more of a meal for 4!

sdfilmcritic
08-31-2004, 12:51 AM
Best: Churros

Worst: Coffee
Coffee is worth it when you get free refills at Market House upon showing your receipt. At DL that's worth the weak brew taste. I wish they could add an extra scoop or two of grounds to make it stronger. It seems to watery to me, but I'll add cream to the coffee if I want to. Otherwise I still take coffee, because it's good for me. It grows hair on my chest. :eek:

Brian Noble
08-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Disney coffee worldwide is that awful nescafe stuff. Heck, even DLP manages to screw it up, and it just shouldn't be possible to have bad coffee in France.

lisap
08-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Disney coffee worldwide is that awful nescafe stuff. Heck, even DLP manages to screw it up, and it just shouldn't be possible to have bad coffee in France.

The Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street brews the real deal--not the icky Nescafe type. It's the only place I'll buy coffee in the park. :)