PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Question

etixnostalgia
08-25-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm planning a trip down this weekend and will be using the kennel for the first time. We are APs so we park at Mickey & Friends. How do I get the dog into the kennel? I doubt she'll be OK on the tram, even if we could take her on it (can we take her on it?)

Any advice on this or general kennel use is appreciated.

TIA

Niwel
08-25-2004, 10:27 PM
I don't think they'll let you have your dog on the tram -- but you can walk it out of the parking structure, across the street, down Disneyland Drive and to the main gate (you will have to go through security, though).

Tinker Bell
08-25-2004, 10:49 PM
I took my Bichon on the tram but he is a small dog. I have seen service dogs on the tram so you should be able to take him/her on. I loved useing the kennel. They do not walk your dog doing its stay. You are asked to come back every few hrs and walk him/her.

DCAWhites
08-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Yes you may bring your dog on the tram, use your discretion though. If you don't want to though, timon might be a shorter walk to the kennel, but APs can't be used there officially. The fee for the kennel service is $10, they feed and water your animal as you desire, but as tinker bell said, you must come back and walk it several times throughout the day.

spectromen
08-26-2004, 07:39 AM
I have a big Dalmatian and didn't want to bother guests on the tram with her, so I parked in the 20 minute pickup/dropoff lot on Harbor, walked her to the kennel through all the hotel pickup spots, and then moved the car to the regular lot. Seemed to be the easiest way in and it avoids the esplanade and the tram altogether.

etixnostalgia
08-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks, all. I'm hoping the logistics won't bog down the morning. Wish me luck!

Sheila
08-26-2004, 10:20 AM
If there are two of you, you could have the driver drop you off at the temporary parking area. While you are checking in your dog, the driver can go park the car at the parking structure and meet you at the front gate to the parks.

It may take a little bit of time to get your dog settled in -- you may want to take the dog for a quick walk in the kennel's grassy area before locking her into the kennel.

One more word of advice: If your dog is on the larger side, you may be able to board it in one of the few dog runs they have there, instead of the little "cubes". I believe there are about 4 or 5 of them. The dog runs get filled up quickly, so if you want one, get there early!

Sheila