PDA

View Full Version : Question about room requests at the DLR hotels

CoasterChickie
08-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Have you ever requested a specific viewat the DLR hotels, and if so did you get that view? I made a request and was told that they would do what they could but could not guarantee it. In June, I paid extra money to have a lake view at the Embassy Suites Resort in South Lake Tahoe and instead was given a room with a view of the parking lot and McDonald's. I don't want a similar experience when I check into the DLH on Labor Day weekend. If they don't give you a room with the view that you requested, do you get reimbursed the extra money you paid? (I know the view doesn't matter that much to a lot of people, but it matters to me! Sorry, I'm spoiled.)

Disneygirl65
08-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Have you ever requested a specific viewat the DLR hotels, and if so did you get that view? I made a request and was told that they would do what they could but could not guarantee it. In June, I paid extra money to have a lake view at the Embassy Suites Resort in South Lake Tahoe and instead was given a room with a view of the parking lot and McDonald's. I don't want a similar experience when I check into the DLH on Labor Day weekend. If they don't give you a room with the view that you requested, do you get reimbursed the extra money you paid? (I know the view doesn't matter that much to a lot of people, but it matters to me! Sorry, I'm spoiled.)

Everytime I have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel I have asked for and received an Upper Downtown Disney view. I can see the fireworks from the room and downtown Disney. I believe they will do their best for you too!

dsny1mom
08-26-2004, 09:19 AM
DLH will not guarentee a particular view, tower, floor, etc. at the time of reservation, but they will try and give you exactly what you want at check in. It all depends on what they have available at the time yoi get there. Say a DTD and pool view are the same price (and I'm not sure if they are) you could be given either with no refund, as there would be no differance in the room price. But if you wanted a DTD view and all they had was a city view, if you paid in advance the differance would be refunded to you. They will usually have a room from their room pool in the price group you reserved at but it may not be exactly what you are wanting.

Years ago when we weren't staying conceirge we found the earlier , in the day, that we got to the hotel the better our chances were of getting the tower and view we wanted. Just because check in is at 3 doesn't mean they can't plug you into the computer at 8am and you can go off to the park and play. :)

dsny1mom

tlovesdis
08-26-2004, 09:46 AM
I bought a package deal through Disney for our December trip. I am paying extra for either a DTD or pool view. We really want a DTD view, but they cannot guarantee a room, but they told me that when I check in they will do their best to get us the DTD view. We are arriving at the hotel at about 9am so I am going to do pre-check in and hope for the best!!!

DopeyWife
08-26-2004, 02:23 PM
I did not know that they can't guarantee a view. Especially since you will be paying extra for a Theme Park view vs. a city view. We have always requested a theme park view and got a theme park view. If we didn't, I would have been mad since we did pay extra for that theme park view.

tlovesdis
08-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Theme park view and pool view cost the same. So if you request theme park they may not be able to give it to you and they can give you pool view. If they have to give you city view for some reason then you get money back. That's what I was told when I asked about views!

Also, the only guaranteed theme park view at DLH is concierge level, which is expensive!

Hope this helps!

Susan L
08-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Its harder to get the room you want during the peak season and Labor Day weekend is the peak season. We have always stayed in one of the DL hotels and have always got the room view we requested. But, we go in the off season. We also book our packages with AAA, they have always delivered on our request.

pisces
08-26-2004, 07:25 PM
When I booked the Grand Californian, for the week between Christmas and New Years.....I requested a Theme Park view, on the third floor, guaranteed, and it's written right on my AAA invoice, which of course I'll have with me at check-in. However, I booked in May, when there was lots to choose from. And, I didn't book a package. It was just the Hotel, alone, plus the park hopper tickets.

They actually asked me if I had a particular room number in mind, and I got flustered because I didn't have the map in front of me. Drats. But then again, I figured it's better to wait and see and not get locked into any exact room numbers until I get there.

dlandnut
08-27-2004, 11:10 AM
When we stayed at the Grand Californian a few years ago, we went for first class all the way. Stayed on the concierge level, room with a view of CA, the whole nine yards. Our room view at the Grand Californian was great. It was a few floors above the monorail track, with a small balcony. My son would sit out on the balcony and wave at the monorails as they went by, even going so far as to write down each color of each monorail in order. :) Sometimes the monorail driver would even honk the horn, which my son thought was an added bonus. Anyway, rooms with views can be great, but you usually have to pay the bucks to get them.