PDA

View Full Version : Empty lagoon?!

Pages : [1] 2

Jeremiah
08-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey all I heard that today they started the long draining of the lagoon. The person that told me this is someone I trust anyone in the park today?????

PICS!!!!!!!

J

DL4EVER
08-25-2004, 06:52 PM
NOOO! They'll ruin everything! Don't those pesky people (Ouimet and crew) know about that darned sink hole! Now Disneyland will be RUINED!

Just kidding. I wouldn't know personally if it is being drained, but if it is, I would take it to be a good thing, because that would be the easiest way to do, oh I don't know, a total revival of the ride.

Uncle Remus
08-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Well with the draining... isn't that just the team that is gonna work on it to impress mikey into giving money for a nemo attraction?

SCUBAbe
08-25-2004, 08:29 PM
cool. I'll have pics on friday or saturday. One more day and I'll be at DCA/DL..:)

Disneyfreak
08-25-2004, 09:25 PM
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt I cant express how happy I am with your service in the park. I really am looking forward to the lagoon being empty for once. I want to see what the damage is when the thing is completely empty.

dude
08-26-2004, 11:21 AM
As of yesterday (8/25) the lagoon was still full of water, but things were happening. When I rode the monorail to see the Neptune in the drydock, there was yellow caution tape up, and about four engineers standing by the sub. I rode again a few hours later, and the engineers were gone, and so was the Neptune. In its place was another sub, the Seawolf. Don't know what exactly that means, but I guess we'll see.

DisneylandForever
08-26-2004, 11:31 AM
I heard (on some website) that they were getting ready to clean the lagoon top to bottom, so perhaps the preperations have begun! :)

Dlandmom
08-26-2004, 11:36 AM
I hope I hope I hope this means they're going to do something in that area! Thanks, CM Matt!

Old Blue
08-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Inspections are being done on each boat to determine the cost of bringing them all back up. The last I heard there was still no guarantee that that the attraction will come back. Right now they are doing a feasibility study and cost analysis. I have been told that there is a big push to get this done as soon as possible, but I have not been given a schedule. New power units have shopped for and they will probably be dedicated CNG units. As for what the theme of the ride will be, that has not been discused at our level.

SallySkellington
08-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Please, no Finding Nemo. Please, please, please, no Finding Nemo.

splashmtngurl
08-26-2004, 05:42 PM
hey stop complaining, at least their putting SOMETHING in there....how bad can it be? it cant be any worse than an EMPTY lagoon can it?

sleepyjeff
08-26-2004, 06:01 PM
hey stop complaining, at least their putting SOMETHING in there....how bad can it be? it cant be any worse than an EMPTY lagoon can it?

Well, this area is sorely lacking a McDonalds :eek:

DL4EVER
08-26-2004, 06:21 PM
I would have to repeat: Not Nemo. But for one reason: If it was Nemo, it would be angled towards children, and more than likely, they would have to ditch some of the effects they have been rumoring to add, because having the sub attacked by a giant squid with realistic effects wouldn't make for too good of a children's ride. And I think it is time for another thrilling Disneyland E-Ticket, because Space Mountain doesn't really count in my opinion, since it is mostly the same.

Uncle Remus
08-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Well, this area is sorely lacking a McDonalds :eek:
I agree...

Disneyfreak
08-26-2004, 08:44 PM
As of yesterday (8/25) the lagoon was still full of water, but things were happening. When I rode the monorail to see the Neptune in the drydock, there was yellow caution tape up, and about four engineers standing by the sub. I rode again a few hours later, and the engineers were gone, and so was the Neptune. In its place was another sub, the Seawolf. Don't know what exactly that means, but I guess we'll see.

THE SUBS WERE IN THE BROAD DAYLIGHT??????!!!!!!!!!!!! Was there a crowd watching? Also what was the url for that submarine voyage forum?

nightdesigns
08-26-2004, 09:48 PM
THE SUBS WERE IN THE BROAD DAYLIGHT??????!!!!!!!!!!!! Was there a crowd watching? Also what was the url for that submarine voyage forum?

The subs are viewable when riding the monorail. It passes right above their back dock hidden in the bushes.

08-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Bah! You are toying with my emotions. When the lagoon sits empty and fills with workers, then I'll believe it.

The Submarine Voyage was simply the all-time, world's greatest attraction. No contest.

aztectodd
08-27-2004, 06:54 AM
There is a VERY VERY VERY up to date thread on this topic over at the DisneyForever.com boards.

It basically looks like they are doing inspection on each of the subs one at a time seeing if it's feasable to use them if/when the ride comes back.

It also seems like the track might be unusable since it hasn't been touched in so long...it's really a waiting game.

You can see the subs (well, usually A sub) when riding the monorail...you do pass over the "drydock" where the maitenence occurs.

Hope this helps.
-Todd

Disneyfreak
08-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Awww man I was hoping you saw the subs out in the main lagoon by the dock. But regaurdless this is still good news.

bassett1976
08-28-2004, 09:17 PM
We went on the subs last night (8/27) and the area where the sub is was brightly lighted. The hatch on the Seawolf was open. We didn't see anyone around but it looked like they had been working on the Seawolf.

sleepyjeff
08-28-2004, 09:38 PM
We went on the subs last night (8/27)

:confused: ...............

Disney Vault
08-28-2004, 10:18 PM
:confused: ...............
Same here
Me right now ------> :confused:

sleepyjeff
08-28-2004, 10:30 PM
I wonder if b1976 meant "Monorail" instead of subs :)

bassett1976
08-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Sorry, guess I need to work on thinking again. ;)

We went on the monorail...

Disneyfreak
08-29-2004, 12:00 AM
:~D Man that was mean taking us for a ride like that.