PDA

View Full Version : Lucky the dinosaur

disneyperson
08-25-2004, 02:32 PM
I just read in the newest update that Lucky the Dinosaur will be in DCA this weekend. I'm sooooo happy. I've watched the liitle video clip on the DL website and he looks really cool.I've hoped that I would get a chance to see him in action. Has anyone seen him on any of his previous appearances?

AVP
08-25-2004, 02:34 PM
?????

disneyperson
08-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Look on the DL website (search lucky the dinosaur)or the newest mouseplanet update.(thru sept 01) There's a great clip. I don't want to spoil the surprise, let's just say animatronics have taken a leap.

Lani
08-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Look on the DL website (search lucky the dinosaur)or the newest mouseplanet update.(thru sept 01) There's a great clip. I don't want to spoil the surprise, let's just say animatronics have taken a leap.
I hate to break it to you, disneyperson, but I believe you are reading last year's Disneyland park update. If so, check to see if it's the same page as this one (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030825.htm). [Note that our most recent park update only goes through August 29, so a September 1, 2004 update would be ... Back to the Future! :D ]

cstephens
08-25-2004, 02:46 PM
So you're reading the MousePlanet update from September 2 - 7, 2003 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr030902.htm) a year late?

splashmtngurl
08-25-2004, 03:00 PM
lol.....how did you end up reading updates from a year ago?

disneyperson
08-25-2004, 03:09 PM
It popped up on the top my mouseplanet search.I was so happy I didn't check the year, why would a year old update be at the top of a search? oh well, Haven't I mentioned before that I know virtually nothing about computers? I'm just a dorky middle aged Disneyland geek.Once you're all done laughing, do check out the video clips if you haven't before. They are really cool.

Bill Catherall
08-25-2004, 03:13 PM
why would a year old update be at the top of a search? Because search results are listed in order of relevance. So, whatever your search criteria was, the first hit (the one at the top) was the most relevant.

disneyperson
08-25-2004, 03:16 PM
my search criteria was simply mouseplanet. Thanks guys, but I think I'd just love it if we could just put this one to rest. I'll try very hard not to be an idiot again. Wow, I really need to go DL. Oh right, I'll be there in three days!!!!!

sami869
08-25-2004, 03:22 PM
my search criteria was simply mouseplanet. Thanks guys, but I think I'd just love it if we could just put this one to rest. I'll try very hard not to be an idiot again. Wow, I really need to go DL. Oh right, I'll be there in three days!!!!!

I don't think you're an idiot and I doubt anyone else does either. It was a simple mistake. It looks like neither of us will get to see Lucky unless we get over to WDW (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm040506avp.htm)

disneyperson
08-25-2004, 03:42 PM
I think I've also mentioned before how nice I think all of you are. i've never joined a discussion board before because I was kinda nervous about being out of my depth. you guys are all very understanding and kind. Thanks.

Lani
08-25-2004, 03:44 PM
I'll try very hard not to be an idiot again.
Ohhh don't worry! I spent quite a bit of time wearing a dunce cap here at work today so there's plenty of silliness to share around here!! :)

Three days -- how exciting! Have a wonderful trip!

RagtimePrince
08-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Where is Lucky the Dinosaur anyways? :(

Mark Goldhaber
08-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Currently spawning offspring at WDI...

Disney Vault
08-25-2004, 04:46 PM
Are they planning on making more?

Mark Goldhaber
08-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Rumors only at this point.

sediment
08-25-2004, 04:55 PM
It would be nice if someone went back through all those updates and time-stamped them, with a year, for posterity. Sometimes the past is a blur and it's hard to remember whether, for example, Rivers of America was drained this past Spring or last Spring or the Spring before. And the updates, as they are now, don't help, since I KNOW it was in some Spring, but since there's no year to be found, I'm forced to look very hard to extract clues about the year.

Mark Goldhaber
08-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Um, you mean other than the year included in the dates in the title bar of your browser and at the top of the update?

Uncle Remus
08-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Dang, I read the first post alittle earlier today and I wanted to reply to say "cool because I am going to be there this weekend" but it took awhile to sign up and be validated and as I just found out that this was from a year ago.... I knew he was in wdw too I just thought they might have brought him back for alittle bit.... o well Disneyland is gonna be fun.

sediment
08-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Um, you mean other than the year included in the dates in the title bar of your browser and at the top of the update?
I'm talkin' 'bout the real old ones.

And, BTW, those dates aren't Y2.1K-compliant. There will be trouble in 96 years!!