PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Seating/Standing

CoasterChickie
08-24-2004, 08:16 AM
I have more questions...some of you seem to be experts at Fantasmic...

Where is the best spot to sit or stand for the show? (Besides the NOS balcony...Javanod would have gone for it except it was too late to reserve)

How soon should we "stake" our spot? (We've noticed people set up hours in advance, but we don't want to miss all that time that we could be exploring DL)

Also, we've noticed people with blankets, chairs, etc Do you store all that somewhere during the day? Or are you locals who come just for Fantasmic and the fireworks?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

stan4d_steph
08-24-2004, 08:22 AM
There are some sitting areas and some standing areas. Folding chairs are not permitted as far as I know. I have used a Crazy Creek chair once before which just provides back support, but doesn't elevate you higher than you would be if sitting on the ground.

A good place to choose if you don't want to wait a long time is behind the middle light tower (just in front of Cafe Orleans). Before the 9 PM show starts this tower is down in its retracted position so it looks like the view from the area behind it will be blocked. However, before the show starts, the tower is extended to show height, providing a good view near center stage. This area is a standing area.

wenderella
08-24-2004, 09:06 AM
CoasterChickie...We use a Fast Pass and go on Splash Mountain 15-30 minutes prior to the start of Fantasmic. When we get off the ride and walk up to the ROA, there are many more viewing areas open to see Fantasmic. We have literally walked right up and watched without blocking anyone, fighting for a spot, or being obstructed. Have a great time!

BayAreaDisneyFan
08-24-2004, 10:16 AM
When we were there last month we were walking through NOS and an excellent CM named Bob (grandfatherly, funny, entertaining, told jokes, did tricks, led songs, played Simon Says with the kids) was gathering people up to lead them to a great place to stand for Fantasmic. We had not been planning to watch, but got swept up in Bob's showmanship and followed him to a great spot behind the hedge adjacent to the loading area for Tom Sawyer's island. Kids sat on the top rail of the wooden fence while I stood behind to make sure they didn't fall. Excellent, CLOSE, unobstructed view of the show, and we walked into it minutes before the show started (huge mobs in the area along the riverfront). We went to the same spot the next night... again no problem getting a choice spot right before showtime.

Thanks Bob!