PDA

View Full Version : What Tomorrowland should feel like

Pages : [1] 2

LLevy
08-24-2004, 08:06 AM
To Me- what's missing is the feeling you used to get, -it's was.. well... OK..

let's go to the Sherman Bros- shall we?

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
theres a great big beautiful tomorrow
and tomorrow's just a dream away.
man has a dream and that's the start
he follows his dream with mind and heart
and when it becomes a reality
it's a dream come true
for you and me.."

the wonder, the music, the excitement- what could they do to bring that out to todays kids?

Linda

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-24-2004, 08:26 AM
how about painting tomorrow land white agian instead of that ugly "gold" color :D
but they are adding a new buzz lightyear ride and there are talks going on right now about making the submerine ride into a finding nemo ride. hopefully that should bring back some of the crowds...

sami869
08-24-2004, 08:41 AM
The reopening of Space Mt will also help. Now if only Inoventions could be replaced with something worth seeing/going on.

DBJ
08-24-2004, 11:06 AM
If you are going to depart a sense of optimism about the future, it would make sense to focus on themed attractions that reflect that attitude. Buzz Lightyear - while strictly not in the "future", doesn't really make you look forward to any future. Star Tours does in a way - the triumph of good over evil (Deathstar), HISTA does not (experiment gone awry - should kids fear science?), Innoventions does not (a product placement show), Submarines could - depending on what happens to it, as well as whatever becomes of the RR/PM site. What really needs to happen is an overall focus on bringing in attractions that will give that sense of wonder/awe.

NoCalDad
08-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Motion. With the People Mover/Rocket Rods shut down and the rockets moved into the central hub(basically), the entire land is static. With the current list of attraction headed by HISTA and Star Tours, the only thing moving in Tomorrowland is the giant "aqua-marble thingee". I miss the buzz and the constant motion of the "old" tomorrow land. Buzz and Space Mountain will help, but I wish they would re-open/rebuild the people mover and move the rockets back.

SallySkellington
08-24-2004, 12:33 PM
I miss the buzz and the constant motion of the "old" tomorrow land. Buzz and Space Mountain will help, but I wish they would re-open/rebuild the people mover and move the rockets back.

I know what you mean. I used to spend hours in Tomorrowland, but now it's like, "Okay, done Star Tours.....what else is there?"

Though, personally, I think they should bring the Rocket Rods back rather than the People Mover. (Ducks as heavy objects are hurled.)

sediment
08-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Replace "Rocket Rods" with "new improved Rocket Rods, with banked turns, that doesn't break down, and that doesn't have to be shut down during rain," and I think the hurling of objects would cease.

SallySkellington
08-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Sediment, you said it perfectly. :D

merlinjones
08-24-2004, 01:58 PM
They need to open the subs, put something on that peoplemover track and bring back the rocket jets up high before tomorrowland can even seem "patched-up" for the 50th.

Why not swap the Astro-Orbitor with Japan's freestanding Rocket Jets (which look like our old ones, but with double-wide capacity).

Darren
08-24-2004, 03:39 PM
I think a whole new direction is needed for tomorrowland. In the 50's and 60's the future was all about space exploration, but now not so much so. To me the question to imagineers should be where do we hope to be in the future.

I'm not entirely sure where this might lead us but I see a future bright with faster, easier travel, more leisure time, foods from all parts of the globe, but lighter and more naturally prepared. Incredible gadgets that will check your email and your cholesterol etc etc.

What I'm saying is the future may not neccesarily be in space but improving life here on our home planet. It must also include a hope for peace and good feeling toward all our fellow humans.

disneyperson
08-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Replace "Rocket Rods" with "new improved Rocket Rods, with banked turns, that doesn't break down, and that doesn't have to be shut down during rain," and I think the hurling of objects would cease.
Absolutley.

MrsG
08-24-2004, 04:00 PM
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
theres a great big beautiful tomorrow
and tomorrow's just a dream away.
man has a dream and that's the start
he follows his dream with mind and heart
and when it becomes a reality
it's a dream come true
for you and me.."Linda

Oh great.. now that song will be stuck in my head for days. Good thing I love that song!

jrad32
08-25-2004, 07:23 AM
The subs coming back is a step in the right direction. There are still some minor issues, water ball, paint scheme, lowered rocket jets, etc., but to me there are still three main areas that have to be addressed after the subs.

1. Do something with the Peoplemover track. Put a moving attraction there.

2. Get rid of HISTA.

3. Get rid of innovations and put that space to better use with a new attraction.

dlandnut
08-25-2004, 07:43 AM
I agree. Do something with the PeopleMover track, maybe like bringing back the PeopleMover or something similar? Is the reason that Captain EO was taken away was because of all the controversial/whacko/wierd stuff surrounding Michael Jackson? Because for what it's worth, I enjoyed Captain EO much more than HISTA. :)

GrumpyUTboi
08-25-2004, 08:15 AM
Jrad them are fightin words! Gettin rid of HISTA is not an option. ;)

Reasons why not to get rid of HISTA.
1) During summer months HISTA is airconditoned.
2) During winter months HISTA is heated.
3) After waiting in line for 45 minutes for several rides you can go right into HISTA and take a load off your feet. Relax and enjoy.
4) Rick Moranis, what more could be said!
5) HISTA is cutting edge technology. If we could shrink food or other items, think of what the cost would be to ship the item, let alone less gas.
6) With #5 being said HISTA is great for the enviroment. Smaller items shipped, less gas equals lower emmisions and helps with global warming.
7) The really funny old guy.
8) The entertainment value of HISTA is phantasmigoric!
9) Did I mention Rick?
10) The really cool glasses that you get at the beginning of the ride.
11) HISTA allows the leaders of tomorrow to imagine how this technology could benefit the world 10, 20, 30 years from now. Nanotechnology is the wave of the future.

I could list many more items for keeping HISTA around, but I think all of you get the point. HISTA is GREAT! So many Tmorrowland like qualities. Mr. Disney would be proud of this attraction, that is for darn sure.

dlandnut
08-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Q: Why did they get rid of Captain EO?

A: Who cares?

Q: I care, so why did they get rid of Captain EO?

mjformenotyou
08-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Q: Why did they get rid of Captain EO?

Q: I care, so why did they get rid of Captain EO?

I care too!
I used to be deathly afraid of Anjelica Houston when I was little (One of my earliest memories of DL is of my cousin and I hiding underneath our blankets during all the scenes with her). Now that I'm older and have a weird obsessive fascination with Michael Jackson (not to mention the Coppola family, too!), I want to know why it's gone. I want to see it.

ps. no my user name is not a michael jackson reference.

SallySkellington
08-25-2004, 05:36 PM
ps. no my user name is not a michael jackson reference.

So who's it a reference to, Mary Jane Watson? :p

ADMDBR
08-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Would anyone be interested in a new Star Tours ride/show??? Perhaps one based on the pod racers from episode one. I was at Disneyland the last week in July and Star Tours seemed soooo tired. Surely a new Star Tours show could be retrofitted into the existing ride.

SoCalDisneyLover
08-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Would anyone be interested in a new Star Tours ride/show??? Perhaps one based on the pod racers from episode one. I was at Disneyland the last week in July and Star Tours seemed soooo tired. Surely a new Star Tours show could be retrofitted into the existing ride.

Been talked about before, and is Not happening. Bad relations between Lucas & Eisner is one possible reason, neglect of DL in general is probably another, but expect this current version around more or less permanently.

Uncle Remus
08-25-2004, 06:36 PM
"Q: Why did they get rid of Captain EO?

Q: I care, so why did they get rid of Captain EO?"

I am just trying out the quoting system (above I hope it works)
I miss Captain EO but not to much because until recently I didnt remember what happened it it because I only saw it once and I think it was the first time I went to Disneyland, but luckily for me I dled the movie, the storyline was..... well... ok but I liked seeing Micheal Jackson with a darker pigment and I liked the music (and that little furry looking dude who came really close to the screen all the time). Mine is not in 3d but it looks like it was digitally remastered and put on a dvd.

Uncle Remus
08-25-2004, 06:37 PM
hah quoting didnt work... but I see how it works now

mjformenotyou
08-25-2004, 06:41 PM
So who's it a reference to, Mary Jane Watson? :p

marc jacobs, actually.

i guess i would stand for it alternatively standing for michael jordan, because Space Jam was a GOOD movie :D

GeminiAngel
08-25-2004, 07:35 PM
What should it feel like? Just like it did when I first ever visited DL in 1985. It was just days after my 16th B-Day. Truly magical... :crying:

dasrock
08-26-2004, 02:28 AM
tomorrowland is outdated....Disney should rebuild the whole area with new ideas/rides about the future...maybe you can keep tomorrowland for old time sake and make a new land: futureworld? remember when you first visited tomorrowland as a kid...it was like WOW ! :eek: I'm in the future it was cool........here's a better one, get george lucas to re-do the area, I'm sure he could come up with some great ideas.....star wars-land
may the mouse be with you :)