PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyland Nov 13th -19th

Tic Tock Dragon
08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Greetings, I'm new to this, And I look forward to getting to know some of you and have lots of Questions. Is the time Im going a bad time? I might change the date? I noticed quite a few rides are down.

Also Does anyone know if the rides work differently( Lighting effects, music,etc.) at different times of year. I'm going with my wife and some friends. Ill elaborate more when I get a response.
Thanks
Tic Tock Dragon :confused:

Vegitabeta
08-24-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi, welcome to the boards! :p erm, I just got back from DL, and I would say that if you have a chance to change the date, then change it. Walking down Main Street isn't the same with the castle all tarped :( Also, I understand that there will be more stuff closed in November than there is now, I missed the Tiki Room and a lot of other stuff...however, it is up to you.

Tic Tock Dragon
08-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks, for the response. I plan to throw in a plan B which adds additional fun at other parks. (we won't name those). I'm pretty disappointed in the whole Disney Company. Do you think they will ever bring back the glory and magic? I went last year the same time, and could not believe how dead the Tommorrowland area was.

SallySkellington
08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
It is our hope that Cast Member Matt will bring Disneyland back to its former glory.

Welcome, Tick Tock Dragon! I don't follow refurb schedules much, but if a lot of stuff is down, the only reason you should go in November is if you are a huge Nightmare Before Christmas fan and have never seen Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Tic Tock Dragon
08-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I love the Haunted Mansion Holiday, I plan to take pictures all over the park so maybe I
can get a before and after effect. I hope there are good changes in the future.

missm
08-24-2004, 09:27 PM
The only things scheduled to be down during your stay are: Space Mountain which is no suprise because it's been down for a long time, the Tiki Room, Sailing Ship Columbia, and of course the castle. I'm not sure about Fantasmic I'll check on it. IMO that is not alot of rides/attractions closed. I think you picked a great time to go to DLR. There will be Christmas stuff up, besides anytime is a great time for Disneyland.

Tic Tock Dragon
08-24-2004, 09:36 PM
To me anytime is right. I agree with you 100%. My friend has not been there since he was kid(1970's). Sorry not trying to make anybody feel old. I just love DL. I would love to be a Passholder, But I live in Northern California. I was interested in the groups that meet. Matterhorn is down also according to the DL Website for scheduling. Or does someone know something on the inside.

missm
08-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Matterhorn is scheduled to open November 13th according to Disneyland.com.

missm
08-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Oops. I meant according to Mouseplanet it opens on the 13th. It does say it is down on the Disney site. I wonder what the mix up is? Anyone?