PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the Holidays?

derraj25
08-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Will a majority of the painting and building facelifts be done by the holidays? We will be there Nov. 30 - Dec. 4. Hoping to see the DLR in all it's holiday splendor!!!

pisces
08-22-2004, 12:31 PM
This has got to be the only message board where everybody is in Holiday mode, well before the Holidays. I always thought I was the only one who dreamed about Christmas in July.

I'm hoping everything will be ready, including Space Mountain, by that time.

JeffG
08-22-2004, 01:04 PM

If you are talking about the 2005 holiday season, then that should be the case. This year, Space Mountain will definitely still be down. At present, it is scheduled to re-open in November 2005.

-Jeff

derraj25
08-22-2004, 03:16 PM
This has got to be the only message board where everybody is in Holiday mode, well before the Holidays. I always thought I was the only one who dreamed about Christmas in July.

Good lord, don't you shop at Wal-Mart? Christmas decorations have been out since July 5th.

Disney Vault
08-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Are you serious!?! ANyway i have been thinking about christmas since about mid-june.

Cariad
08-23-2004, 09:41 AM
You know, I really thought that Disney would have had their christmas stuff out even before we are due to go - Nov 1st... I figured that if our shops in the UK started getting christmassy in September, you guys would be like, July or something!!! (Sounds like Walmart is there...) Darn - I really hoped DL would be a magical christmas wonderland!!!!! :(

stan4d_steph
08-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Don't worry Cariad, by November 1st there will be Christmas stuff available.

missm
08-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Good lord, don't you shop at Wal-Mart? Christmas decorations have been out since July 5th.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not! Our Wal-Mart has no Christmas decorations yet. I've had many friends who worked at Wally's and when I asked them they told me it is standard to put decorations out the day after Halloween. I can never tell if people are being sarcastic or not on mouseplanet. AAAHHHH!!!! :confused:

Disney Vault
08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not! Our Wal-Mart has no Christmas decorations yet. I've had many friends who worked at Wally's and when I asked them they told me it is standard to put decorations out the day after Halloween. I can never tell if people are being sarcastic or not on mouseplanet. AAAHHHH!!!! :confused:
I know what you mean. But alot of people put ;) or :D if they are being sarcastic but many times you cant tell.

cstephens
08-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Don't worry Cariad, by November 1st there will be Christmas stuff available.

Well, technically, there's always Christmas stuff available at the store in New Orleans Square...

derraj25
08-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Sorry. Yes, I was being very sarcastic about Wal-Mart. :p

CoasterChickie
08-23-2004, 04:52 PM
I saw Christmas decorations at Costco the other day...no joke!

I'm not ready for it to be Christmas yet! Heck, I'm not even ready for summer to be over .

I'm hoping there will be more Halloween than Christmas stuff when we go to DL in September. :)

rentayenta
08-23-2004, 05:11 PM

Our local TJMaxx has Christmas stuff out.

I have been planning our Christmas trip since April. It's never too early to start planning.

Susan L
08-23-2004, 07:03 PM

No sarcasism here, our Wal Mart has one isle devoted to XMas and its been there since mid July. As time goes on it will be two isles, then three, then four, and so on and so on. It is a little ridiculous but thats what they do.

missm
08-23-2004, 07:50 PM
I just can't imagine buying Christmas decorations during the summer time! I do buy Christmas presents early though. I have also been planning my Christmas-time DLR trip for about 3 months now. You know maybe it is just my area who doesn't put their Christmas stuff out until late. I went to Costco today and there wasn't any Christmas stuff. I feel kind of deprived now.

Disney Vault
08-23-2004, 08:38 PM
When we were in WDW last february my aunt and uncle bought a few x-mas presents for their kids.

Cariad
08-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Well, by November it won't really be summer for me anymore - England is usually so miserable during November, you need a bit of christmas excitement to get you through to December! :)

Quick question while i'm here: We celebrate November 5th here as Guy Fawkes Night, or Fireworks Night. Are there fireworks every night at DL, cos I don't want to miss out on my quota of November fireworks! :)

Cariad
08-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Duh, just read about all the fantastic fireworks, so scrap that question :)