PDA

View Full Version : Question about upgrading to an AP

CoasterChickie
08-22-2004, 08:09 AM
I leave in less than two weeks. This will be my 3rd trip to DL this year. Each time I have paid $98.00 for a 2 day park hopper. Can I upgrade my park hopper for this trip to an annual pass? How do I go about donig that and how much will it cost? Any info would be greatly aprreciated...thanks. :)

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-22-2004, 08:14 AM
yeah you can, all you have to do is go to the guest services window (next to the outside lockers) and tell them you want to upgrade to an annual pass, tell them what pass you want to upgrade to and just pay the difference. let me know how it goes on your trip!! =]

lisap
08-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Well, you should have just gone with the Premium AP the first time you visited--it would have paid for itself by now. ;) The good news is that you will have an AP for the next 12 months, which will mean lots more visits.

If you mainly visit the Park on weekends, you will probably want to go with the Deluxe ($179) or Premium (279$) AP. The Deluxe doesn't include parking, so take that into consideration (you can add it for $49, if it's worth it to you). Premium APs are good every day of the year and include parking. Ed and I have one Premium and one Deluxe, so I get the parking for both of us. The Socal APs have a lot of weekends blocked out. Check out the Disney website for the specific blackout days before you decide which pass would be best for you. :)

We're sucking her in...slowly but surely.... :p

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-22-2004, 09:54 AM
hahahaha soon she will be another premiam AP holder like everyone else!!!! :D

Darkbeer
08-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Actually, since this will be the "first" Annual Pass, you need to upgrade inside the park (the Guest Services window does not have cameras for the photo)....

How upgrading works, anytime during the current valid ticket period (say you have a 5 day for the price of 3 ticket), you can upgrade. In most instances, it is best to wait until the last day you are going to use the ticket before you upgrade, to avoid blackout days...

Go to the current AP Processing center, which is located at the Space Mountain exit in Tomorrowland (near the StarCade and the HISTA exit), if you have problems finding it, just ask a CM for directions....

When you get to the window, they will ask you which AP you are intesrested in

Premium
Deluxe with Parking
Deluxe
SoCal with Parking
SoCal
SoCal Select with Parking
SoCal Select

Now, your ticket has a value (what you paid for it, in this example $129, not the 5 day price), and you can apply that amount against any AP of equal or higher value, in this case, any AP except the SoCal Select, since the SoCal Select price of $99 is less than the ticket value.

Say you decided on a Deluxe, they will ask for $50... the difference between the AP Price and the value of your ticket ($179 - $129), they take cash and charge cards right there.... They get some basic information (and they ask to see an ID), then take your photo. In just a minute or two they print up the AP while you wait....

Now if you are on a budget, or not sure when you are returning, you can always get a lower price AP (say the standard SoCal), and then when you figure out when you are coming back, and IF the return trip contains multiple blackout days, you can always upgrade to a higher AP then (though you keep the same expiration date). The benefit here is being able to make multiple payments, and spread the cost out.....

PsychDoc
08-22-2004, 11:10 AM
In most instances, it is best to wait until the last day you are going to use the ticket before you upgrade, to avoid blackout days.... I don't know what I was thinking?! When I went in May with my daughter, I purchased a Premium for myself (so i could get all the discounts) and a Delux for my daughter. I didn't realize when we got there that Saturday (before Mother's day) would be blocked out date. I shoud have just bought a regular ticket for her and upgraded at the end of the trip! I ended up having to pay another $30 for the block out date. I can't belive I didn't realize that until now. I really feel stuipid.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 01:19 PM
One thing, if you have a 2 day park hopper, they will date your AP to start on the first day your parkhopper started. We did that upgrade with our 5 day hoppers in May, and even though it was the 23rd, they dated them back to the 18th. I had a problem getting back in the DCA that night, after we went back to the hotel to rest before the Electrical Parade, it was a blackout date and because our APs said they were issued on the 18th, the CM was a bit reluctant to let us through. We had to explain to him what we had done, still wasn't sure if he believed us, but we got in. So you might want to be sure you don't try to re-enter if it is a blackout date.