PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Purple Update

Cloud Buster
08-22-2004, 01:08 AM
I'd expect to see Monorail Purple out and about anytime now -- if it isn't already. As of yesterday Purp appeared to be back in one piece -- all of the doors were back in place, and the separators between the cars were finally placed back on.

Tonight Monorail Blue was on C track in TOW. I didn't have a chance to double check, but I could have sworn it was the only one in there, meaning Purp was back out tonight. (Don't quote me on that, however.)

nightdesigns
08-22-2004, 01:30 PM
I just got back from a quick trip this morning. MR purple was running with red, however for most of the morning it wasn't taking passengers. I saw after lunch it started taking some people. Any idea what was up? The line from DL to DTD was a 30-45 mintue wait since only one MR was moving passengers.

karl
08-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Blue and Red were running Friday night.

Oldtimer
08-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Today ( Sunday 8-22-04 ) after only seeing Red in the morning, Purple was running along with Red in the afternoon. Blue was no where to be seen. I noticed that Purple's Horn sounds slightly different then the others, maybe has a lower note to it.

So what is up with Blue now?

See you at the parks,
Oldtimer :cool:

Disney Vault
08-22-2004, 06:15 PM
How long until we get the new ones? And once we get the new ones will they keep any of the old ones? Will they be ready in time for the 50th?

Cloud Buster
08-22-2004, 10:48 PM
How long until we get the new ones? And once we get the new ones will they keep any of the old ones? Will they be ready in time for the 50th?

Despite any rumors you may have heard to the contrary, we are not getting "new" Monorails. The frames need to be refurbished or better yet, replaced. Monorail Orange is currently at WDI as a "guinea pig" while they try to figure out the best way to do this. At this time, there are no plans for any upgrades other than the new frames, and hydro-electric braking to replace the current dynamic brakes. Currently, new bodies for the new Monorail frames are not being considered. Furthermore there's no intention to make the installation of any upgrades coincide with the 50th, and if it happens (which is very unlikely) then it will be coincidental.

Monorail Blue is likely starting to undergo the exact same rehab Purple just finished. I'll have more info on this tomorrow.

Mark Goldhaber
08-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I believe that I saw Blue running Sunday morning. I know for certain that Purple and Red were running together on Sunday afternoon, because George McGinnis and I were watching and commenting on them for a while from the courtyard of the Grand Californian.

nightdesigns
08-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Blue and Purple were running together on Monday.

MarkVI
09-02-2004, 07:08 PM
I went to Disneyland today and saw both Blue and Purple running. On my second ride on the Disneyland Railroad we slowed around the switch area. I looked up and saw that Purple was being put back into the garage. That really made my day seeing the switch in action, too bad I forgot my camera... :crying: