PDA

View Full Version : White Water Snacks

Pages : [1] 2 3

minniemom
08-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Has anyone tried White Water Snacks in the GC for Breakfast? If so was it good? Is it only danishes ect? What was the price range? Is better just to stick with Storytellers breakfast buffet with the most wonderful french toast ever made?

stan4d_steph
08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
I love Whitewater Snacks. They have a great biscuit sandwich for breakfast. There are several reviews up on the MousePlanet restaurant review page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=gchwhitewatersnacks).

If you want a quick bite or you're on a budget, it's the best place to go for breakfast, IMO.

Niwel
08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
I go there for a bagel w/cream cheese prior to park opening. I know you can get fruit and cereal and I think they serve hot items. You really can't beat the price -- but you still might want go to Storytellers... if only for the experience. BTW Whitewater is also great for mid-day snacks. :)

minniemom
08-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks, the reviews are all positive! I hate not beibg in the park when it first opens, so I was looking for something fast, but filling!

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 05:07 PM
I had the breakfast burrito without the meat. It was good..:)

piratefamily
08-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Just about everything there is great! The prices are not bad too. :D

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Just about everything there is great! The prices are not bad too. :D
the cold sandwiches are not the best. The bead was soggy. We showed them, got a new sandwich and it was soggy also...:(

minniemom
08-21-2004, 07:17 PM
you know "beads" are usually quite hard! HA HA HA!!! Sorry but needed a giggle for the night!

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 07:19 PM
you know "beads" are usually quite hard! HA HA HA!!! Sorry but needed a giggle for the night!
I have got to either spell check or learn to type...LOL...bead = bread, but you knew that...:)

minniemom
08-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Cheap shot that's all!!!

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Cheap shot that's all!!!
yeah, but thats cool. I'm used to it. My daughter is a teenager. We go in rounds. She never wins, but she trys hard. She has just got to remember that I was a teenager first ... LOL...

minniemom
08-21-2004, 07:40 PM
yeah, but thats cool. I'm used to it. My daughter is a teenager. We go in rounds. She never wins, but she trys hard. She has just got to remember that I was a teenager first ... LOL...

Older and wiser!

cstephens
08-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Has anyone tried White Water Snacks in the GC for Breakfast? If so was it good? Is it only danishes ect? What was the price range? Is better just to stick with Storytellers breakfast buffet with the most wonderful french toast ever made?

White Water Snacks has completely different things for breakfast than Storytellers, so it really depends on what you're wanting for breakfast. If you're wanting something a bit more substantial, go to Storytellers. If you want something lighter, White Water is a better bet. Here's the menu for White Water (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/whitewatermenu.html), and here's a lunch review that I did in 2003 (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/whitewater030203.html).

Have fun!

disneyhound
08-22-2004, 09:06 AM
DO you have to be staying at the Hotel to eat there? :confused:

SCUBAbe
08-22-2004, 09:12 AM
DO you have to be staying at the Hotel to eat there? :confused:
no anyone can eat there. They also do not enforce the min. purchase for AP discount. We wenr for breatfast and it was only $6.00. They asked if we had an AP. I said yes, but I didn't purchase enough and they gave me the discount..:)

disneyhound
08-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Then we will definately have to try and have breakfast there some morning on our next visit!

CoasterChickie
08-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Oh man! Do APers get discounts on food too? (Once again I am kicking myself for not buying an AP when I was there in the spring)

This Whitewater Cafe sounds like a good deal for breakfast even without the discount.

(BTW, Lisap...I saw your comment about "sucking me in" ...that was funny! :) )

stan4d_steph
08-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Oh man! Do APers get discounts on food too? Yes. Depending on the level of pass and also on type of eaterie, there are AP discount at almost all food locations. Discounts are typically 10 or 15% off the total bill.

Disneyfreak
08-22-2004, 10:10 PM
The premium pass has a 10%-15% discount on most food places and souvenirs and has free parking on top of that.

luvsdca
08-22-2004, 11:36 PM
[URL=http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/whitewatermenu.html]Here's the menu for White Water[/URL

FYI - we stopped at WW for a late lunch on Friday 8/20 and noticed that the prices have gone up... didn't have time to check it out in detail 'cause we were grabbing a quick bite, but the price hikes were not small. (I think the egg salad sandwich went from $4.50 to $5.95.)

I will try to take detailed notes next time we're there and post unless someone else gets to it before me.

gothemi
08-23-2004, 07:44 AM
If your staying at the GCH you can purchase a $7.00 dollar coffee mug in the in-room refrig. that you can fill up for free at White Water Snacks.

I am pretty sure that was the deal, someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :fez:

EandCDad
08-23-2004, 08:38 AM
If your staying at the GCH you can purchase a $7.00 dollar coffee mug in the in-room refrig. that you can fill up for free at White Water Snacks.

They do have a mug that you can buy and get free refills with. You don't have to be staying at the Grand California to get the mug, though, you can get it at White Water. At least, you could when my wife bought one.

I like the Storyteller buffet, minniemom, but for a family of four, you're talking in the neighborhood of $80 for breakfast. At White Water, you can get the french toast sticks, breakfast sandwich, fruit, bagel and feed everyone for about $20. White Water is basically like a counter service, but it is (usually) quiet and uncrowded and the food is good. Try it at least once.

cstephens
08-23-2004, 08:52 AM
FYI - we stopped at WW for a late lunch on Friday 8/20 and noticed that the prices have gone up

Thanks for the info. I'll update my site when I get a chance.

LOYL2DZNY
08-23-2004, 08:54 AM
ok, so where exactly is this place in the GCH? it sounds really reasonable!

tod
08-23-2004, 10:59 AM
ok, so where exactly is this place in the GCH? it sounds really reasonable!

It's inside the Grand Californian Hotel.

From the lobby, go east to the Storyteller's Cafe, pass it, turn right at Napa Rose, and take the walkway to the end. It's on the right.

From Disney's California Adventure, take the exit near Grizzly River Run, take the walkway to the first left, and then take the walkway to the end. It's on the right.

Don't forget, you can get directions from any Cast Member if you get lost.

--t