PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member Compliments

Pages : [1] 2

Photographer
08-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Out of curiosity, when guests fill out forms at City Hall with compiments or if letters are sent to DL, do they accumulate points? I thought I heard that somewhere. I just mailed 3 letters to DL about how awesome some of the CMs were that I met & talked to.

disneyperson
08-21-2004, 02:43 PM
When I've filled out compliment forms in the past, I was told that they would be kept in the CMs file for review when it got to be promotion time. I think the forms really do make a difference, even if it's only to let the CMs know that some people notice and appreciate them, and it's not only complaints that make it to City Hall. It's fun to watch the CMs at City Hall"s faces light up when you go up and ask for a compliment form.

ToursbabeC3po
08-21-2004, 02:50 PM
I have never heard of points but when I get a compliment I get a letter from whoever the president is at the time thanking me and you get acknowledged by your management team and by your peers. It is so nice to know that a guest took the time out of there day to go to city hall and write out a compliment. It really means a lot to us cast members.
Toursbabe

bassett1976
08-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Can you fill out a compliment form after the fact? I should have gotten one during a trip we took this summer but never got around to it.

disneyperson
08-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Can you fill out a compliment form after the fact? I should have gotten one during a trip we took this summer but never got around to it.
I don't see why not. The form does ask for the date, time of day, and location you were in when you encountered your fabulous CM. I think that's because to pin point which person you're talking about since you only have first names to go on.

Fozzie
08-21-2004, 10:58 PM
And don't forget about the costumed CM's! If a certain Disney character went out of their way to interact with you or your family, be sure to let the Disney folks know that you really enjoyed the "magic" that was created for you.... ;)

Esmerelda
08-22-2004, 05:15 AM
I got a compliment a couple days ago and I was actually told about it before my shift was even over. It really made my day!! If nothing else, it definitely boosts the cast member's morale (yes, I carried the certificate around in a plastic bag so it wouldn't get wet before my shift ended. teehee!) :)

AdrienneQW
08-22-2004, 07:00 AM
And don't forget about the costumed CM's! If a certain Disney character went out of their way to interact with you or your family, be sure to let the Disney folks know that you really enjoyed the "magic" that was created for you.... ;)I'm so glad you mentioned that - you know, it never really occurred to me to file a compliment for a character! My two-year-old and I go to DL every Wednesday morning and his favorite character is Alice in Wonderland... the same gal portrays Alice every Wednesday, so she has gotten to know my son quite well and always goes the extra mile for him. I will definitely make it a point to notify City Hall this week!

Austrinken
08-22-2004, 11:53 AM
I am a CM at DL (I've been working there for four years), and I can say that on more than one separate occasions I have been told (after the fact) by a guest that they had given me a compliment at City Hall. I have never once received any acknowledgement of the compliments from the higher-ups, and there was nothing mentioning them on my file during my last yearly review. Recently (about three weeks ago) a friendly lady was pleased with my assistance and told me that she was going to file a compliment. I saw her the next day and she remembered me and mentioned that she had, indeed filed a formal compliment at City Hall. I have yet to hear anything about this...but I'm not quite holding my breath.

I'm not sure if this varies by area management or not.

CoasterChickie
08-22-2004, 11:58 AM
That's too bad if you don't get some kind of recognition. At the Boardwalk, if an employee does something really well for a customer or is "caught" smiling on the job , he/she gets a reward or bonus. They should do something like this at DL. I think most of the CMs are awesome!

Photographer
08-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Bassett, you can also write a letter stating who made your day extra special and how. Mail it to the park, with the ATTN going to the proper dept. I'll need help with this but it's something like:

Entertainment - Face Characters
Entertainment - Costumed characters
Food Services - name of restaurant
Ride Operations
Hotel
Retail - name of store

...don't know the rest

Last year I sent a letter about how wonderful CM was whenever I saw him and the company actually wrote back to me. I nearly fell over. LOL

Ponine
08-23-2004, 05:57 AM
For those of you who might not know, (I know many do), there is a site out there called What Would Walt Do (http://www.whatwouldwaltdo.com/)
They offer (read:sell) a pin that comes with a small card, .. its hard to explian...
You can 'award' a cast member that you feel lived up to the Walt vision, then report back to the site.
If I didn't make sense, check the site. :D

splashmtngurl
08-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Yeah, i've turned in one cast member compliment before (to city hall) and was told that it would be shown to the cast member in a routine review or something like that!

SweetAurora
08-23-2004, 09:14 AM
That's a spiffy site. Are they still in operation? Maybe they just got a little behind with their pins..lol.
I as a cast member am genuinely THRILLED when I receive a guest compliment. I deal with thousands of people each day, and after hearing many bad things and jests from guests when I am trying to do my job (crowd control), it's nice to know someone has taken time out of their stay to let you know you're doing something RIGHT. :)

Ponine
08-23-2004, 10:01 AM
That's a spiffy site. Are they still in operation? Maybe they just got a little behind with their pins..lol.
THey are still in operation, they just havent really updated the front page, or created a new pin in a while.
I just got my most recent set of pins within the last two months.

mystycalchyk
08-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I am so glad to hear that the CMs know when they are complimented and that it brightens their day.
I know that anytime I have ever visited I always seem to find at least one person who goes out of their way to make my trip extra special, and I make sure to fill out a card. I cant stand thae thought people only complain, I always try to find the good ones instead of focusing on the bad ones :)

fantasmic351/2
08-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Being a castmember I love knowing when I did a good job. So if you experence a good castmember please take the time to go to city hall and compliment them.

sdfilmcritic
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Being a castmember I love knowing when I did a good job. So if you experence a good castmember please take the time to go to city hall and compliment them.
So, what's your name and rank, CM? I must report you to your superiors at once! lol :rolleyes: I agree with you. Finally after going to the park for 20+ years I finally wrote up my first guets comment card about a month ago and I felt so proud to do it.

MrsPooh
08-24-2004, 12:07 PM
I just came back from DL and encountered soo many great castmembers this trip. I did tell a few verbally, but it didn't occur to me to go to city hall and fill out a compliment form! DOH! :eek:

But I did remember to put in my request to keep Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln!

I will make sure to get some WWWD pins for the next trip! :)

disneyperson
08-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Another fun thing you can do to let CMs know you care is to have your photo taken with them or have your kid ask for their autograph. We started this habit several years ago during a holiday visit. My daughter had made a special autograph book, but due to rainy weather, there were very few costumed charachters around. In Toon Town, I suggested she ask the brightly costumed street- cleaning CM for his autograph. He was thrilled. He wrote her a nice note and signed it , "Bob, the super-cool, ToonTown street sweeping dude". He then showed her several special sweeping techniques and chatted with her for quite awhile. After that she asked nearly CM we came to for autographs, even on sunny days when there were costumed characters galore. My favorite page in one of her books has Belle's signiature opposite "Ann, the Tiki room restroom attendant". Now my daughter is older and has exchanged autograph books for a camera. We have lots of photos of smiling CMs. They help us remember what was special about each visit.

Sorcerer Jody
08-25-2004, 02:51 PM
What a good idea to get your kids to ask cast members for their autographs! It must have made them feel very special.

I have never before thought to go to city hall and fill out a compliment card...but I will definitely remember to do that the next time I go (which is July 14-21, 2005)! :)

mjformenotyou
08-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Another fun thing you can do to let CMs know you care is to have your photo taken with them or have your kid ask for their autograph.

What a brilliant idea! :)
It sounds like an idea one of my little sisters would love.
I have a small collection of me with various CM from Potc, because apparently people know I like pirates, so they naturally assume I want my picture with one. My favorite is of me with a Frenchy pirate in DLP. He even had a gun.

sdfilmcritic
08-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Another fun thing you can do to let CMs know you care is to have your photo taken with them or have your kid ask for their autograph.
When I went on vacation last year my friend and I had stopped in to the Kodak store on Main Street because he stupidly decided NOT to bring his digital camera at the last second and not tell me ahead of time so that I could buy a disposable camera at Wal-Mart. Anyway, right after purchasing a two pack of disposable cameras for $25 (outrageous!!) he started opening his up as he was talking to a CM who was standing at the front door. He asked me to take a picture of the two of them with his camera because he thought she was cute. Geez. :p Tourists these days! Wanting pictures with cute CMs! lol. I probably would have done the same thing.

Photographer
08-26-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm still kicking myself for not filling out the proper form in EPCOT last year. A CM went out of her way to find me a specific T-shirt in the right size. When I go back this year, I'm going to look for her and get her name. Shame on me. :(

SarahShep
08-27-2004, 12:02 AM
My sister is a CM for the Disney Store in Scottsdale. A week or so ago, Disney flew two of the girls who play Belle and Cinderella at DL out to do a meet and greet at the mall. Because of time restraints and sheer crowd volume, Belle and Cinderella couldn't give out autographs. My sister was assigned to crowd control when she noticed a little girl with an autograph book. She went to the little girl and her mother and explained the rules about autographs. The little girl was obviously disappointed until her mother suggested that the Princesses' friend would sign her book. When the little girl agreed, my lil sis signed her book "To Lauren, from the Princesses' friend, Samantha" I don't think I've ever seen my sister so happy. It totally made her day!