PDA

View Full Version : weather & humidity ?

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm going to DL next weekend. I've been checking the humidity levels. I live in the high desert where it's very dry so I have no reference for these #'s. Is 72-74 % humidty really high or are they normal levels? Like if it's 80 out will it feel like 90? So, far it looks like the temps will be really nice if the humidity isn't to high. :)

Up here we get over 100 and it doesn't even feel that hot to me. We haven't had our air on all week. We've been in the mid to high 90's with humdity at 24-29%.

Disneyfreak
08-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Why are you worrying about it, we live in southern california?

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Why are you worrying about it, we live in southern california?
ummmm, because humidity is terrible. I guess I'm having cincerns, because the last time I went to the parks in august the humdity was so bad we only stayed for about an hour. So, if it's goign to be that bad I'm trying to make plans to do other things. Maybe we'll go to catalina or to the beach instead...:)....I like to have back up plans..:)

disneyperson
08-21-2004, 09:26 AM
It's always a little more humid in Southern Ca. in the summer than it is here in Sacramento. We just accept frizzy hair as part of the experience. It shouldn't be too bad next week.(we'll be there too,yay!) We heard a lot of people complaing about the "God Awful Heat" last time. They must be from much cooler climes. It was only about 85-90 degrees, here in Sacto land ,we call that sweater weather.

Disneyfreak
08-21-2004, 09:30 AM
ummmm, because humidity is terrible. I guess I'm having cincerns, because the last time I went to the parks in august the humdity was so bad we only stayed for about an hour. So, if it's goign to be that bad I'm trying to make plans to do other things. Maybe we'll go to catalina or to the beach instead...:)....I like to have back up plans..:)

Wow, then you would really hate places like Hawaii and anywhere with a tropical climate because the humidity is like 10 times worse over there.

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Wow, then you would really hate places like Hawaii and anywhere with a tropical climate because the humidity is like 10 times worse over there.
your absolutly right. I live in a very dry climate, so I really notice the humidty when I go down to the valleys. I went to NY in june once. I thought it was odd that the carpet always felt damp actually everything was damp. I was told that it was like that because it was humid. If it was also hot I don't remember. I just remember we had a great time!! :)

PsychDoc
08-21-2004, 10:07 AM
I was just there last week and I was pleasantly surprised about both the crowds and weather. I'm originally from SoCal and I hated going to the park in the Summer. I'm miserable when I'm hot, sticky and wet. That's why I have to stay on property or close so I can get in an afternoon shower. So, when I booked my last minute DL trip it didn't register right away about the timing. Usually August is terrible. I live in Las Vegas, so I'm used to it being hot, but it was really nice when we were there. One day, I think it got up to mid to uppper 80s. Standing in Toontown my shoulders and neck started geting a bit burned. I was begining to feel icky, but as soon as we left that area, I was fine. Don't ever turn down a DL trip. Your most miserable DL trip has got to be better than anything, anywhere else.

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Your most miserable DL trip has got to be better than anything, anywhere else.
well, thats not true for me...LOL...I have left DL many times because of crowds, heat or a combination of both. Those are the only two reasons we get a room for summer visits. We could easily make a day trip out of it, but sometimes the parks get to be to much for us during the summers and we need to get away. One time we went and our room wasn't ready for an early check in. The parks waere getting to be to much, so we went shopping at target down the street...LOL..by the time we got done our room was ready...:)

rentayenta
08-21-2004, 11:52 AM
I actually like the humidity better than this dry arse Utah desert climate.

My hair is naturally curly and looks fab when I visit So Cal :fez:

disneyperson
08-21-2004, 12:26 PM
If it gets too crowded, or kinda hot, we just find a shady place, have a cool drink or treat(Dole whips... drool) and people watch or listen to some of the fantastic DL muscians .We've also been known to make multible visits to the Tiki room ,find a place in the back(nearly always derserted) and lie down to watch the show. Very relaxing.(so sad we won't be able to do that on our trip next week) It would never occur to us to leave the park. we have friends that sometimes go with us, a mother/teen daughter combo like we are, and they always leave in the middle of the day for a nap. Everyone has to follow their own style. My daughter and I have a little joke that we always pack our swimsuits and never ever go swimming, because we are in the park from opening to an hour after closing every day we are there. We simply can't "not be in Disneyland" while it's open and just across the street.