PDA

View Full Version : When do you miss it most?

Pages : [1] 2

Photographer
08-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Having spent 4 years living a mere 5-30 minutes away from Disneyland (I moved around a lot) moving back to MA last June made me Disneyland homesick. I made trips west in August and October of last year and in February and August of this year. I've only been home less than 2 weeks and I'm already pining to go back. Why? Because every time I get annoyed/angry/miserable at work I want to hop in an airplane. There truly is something relaxing, comfortable & happy about Disney parks. Things should get better for me come 50-some odd days from now when I head to WDW for a few days and then move to Miami (unless I get my dream job at WDW).

When do you miss DL most?

Susan L
08-21-2004, 08:41 AM
I miss it the most the closer we get to leaving on our trip to Disneyland. Disneyland is like my yearly therapy session. We got 62 days until our next trip and the closer we get the more I relise how much I really need my Disney vacations. We usually go once a year but are a bit behind this time. Its will be 18 months since our last visit and its been way to long. I grew up in the South Bay Area of LA so Disneyland was a regular place to go for my family. Then we moved to No Calif. and it was the one thing I missed the most about living down there. Your not crazy you just have Walt's magic in you. Start planning another trip, planning is part of the fun.

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 08:56 AM
I guess I never get a chance to really miss it. I look forward to going the most when we are staying the night down there or when my daughter is bringing a friend, because I know she is going to have a blast and I don't have to hurry around with her. I know that sounds bad, but sometimes I ljust like to stop and look at the silliest things..like the baby ducks, or flowers or I want to take pictures and I want to bracket the shot...or maybe stop it down more...anyway she gets bored and wants to go on rides. So, on those days we go on rides and we do have fun, but when she has a friend with her I can do whatever I want...:)...freedom...LOL

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-21-2004, 09:05 AM
i miss it the most when things just start getting hectic around me, work builds up, fights among friends, whatever the case may be...there have been times when ill just go up there with a couple friends and not even go on a lot of rides, but just to take in the atmosphere and environment it truly is my form of therapy! i have to agree there is something really realxing about going there, i dont know if i could make it living that for away, i hope you get to come back soon.

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 09:24 AM
i miss it the most when things just start getting hectic around me, work builds up, fights among friends, whatever the case may be...there have been times when ill just go up there with a couple friends and not even go on a lot of rides, but just to take in the atmosphere and environment it truly is my form of therapy! i have to agree there is something really realxing about going there, i dont know if i could make it living that for away, i hope you get to come back soon.
well, now I now why I don't usually take alot of oictures in the park. When I get stressed I start taking pictures, work on websites, or just play in photoshop. I must be to relaxed at DL to take pictures...:)

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-21-2004, 09:49 AM
well, now I now why I don't usually take alot of oictures in the park. When I get stressed I start taking pictures, work on websites, or just play in photoshop. I must be to relaxed at DL to take pictures...:)

exactly, i used to take a lot of pictures at the park too, but then i just stopped and once i did i really felt a lot more just...chilled out. hahahaha i love going and it doesnt matter how many times i go, everytime i do get to go it seems like its been forever although its only been a month or so, yeah im an official disneyland geek! oh hey does anyone know socal snowhite? shes my bestfriend! ive known her for 6-7 years now, shes the only one who i know who understands how i feel about DL :p

Photographer
08-21-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm always taking photos. LOL Then again it's what I do. Crikey, at 6 I was setting up shots and people. I was born this way. :cool: I think I just hijacked my own thread. LOL

disneyperson
08-21-2004, 02:13 PM
We take lots of photos, my friends laugh at them because it's usually my daughter or me (or both if we can get someone to take it for us) standing in front of some wierd thing, like different signs or building details, pointing at them. We have a whole sequence from the inside of the queue to Indie from our last trip that's a hoot.Last visit,my daughter wanted me to take photos of her and all the different trash cans.Our favorite is the one that says "waste please." We are easily entertained. I also have many photos of my daughter in the same locations over the years. "ok honey stand in front of the horse".....or,"Now grab the bars of the jail and make a face."..or my favorite, "ok now l lie down by the fallen safe and look like it knocked you out" I still can get her to do these things for me even though she's 15. She must love me a lot. One of my favorites from 2003 is her standing forlornly and sad by the "Spacemountain closed for refurbishment" sign, wearing her rocket rods t -shirt and princess minnie bobbing antennas on her head. By the way, my friends always ask to see my most recent photos even though they make fun of them .

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm always taking photos. LOL Then again it's what I do. Crikey, at 6 I was setting up shots and people. I was born this way. :cool: I think I just hijacked my own thread. LOL
I use to, but we go so often that the last few trips I haven't. This trip I will be again, but I have noticed I don't use DL as a stress reliver. I use photography for that. I just wish I had access to a darkroom again...:)

drjones
08-21-2004, 08:20 PM
I miss it every day I'm not there. I work 10 minutes away and it is so hard to get off on Imperial Hwy rather go in to ball or katella off the 57

pboeoahr
08-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Everyday is right!!!

I just got back and I'm already missing the fact that I can shut out the rest of the world while I'm in the park. Nothing makes me happier than spending time at DLR with my girls!!!

SallySkellington
08-22-2004, 11:55 AM
I miss it every day I'm not there. I work 10 minutes away and it is so hard to get off on Imperial Hwy rather go in to ball or katella off the 57

I miss it everyday, too. Although I live 5 hours away, so it's a little harder for me to get there. :crying:

dlazechk
08-22-2004, 12:40 PM
everyday of my life. it is 123 days until we leave for our yearly trip.

BryanPeek
08-22-2004, 02:53 PM
I miss it most when i'm depressed, and feeling sad.

Disney Vault
08-22-2004, 02:57 PM
I miss it the most when i am in school. I always wish i could just magically fly down to disneyland and ride at least on ride.

sleepyjeff
08-22-2004, 02:57 PM
I miss it the most when I hear "Alaska flight 555, non-stop service to Portland Oregon, now boarding at gate 12" at the John Wayne Airport :crying:

GrumpyUTboi
08-22-2004, 03:06 PM
I miss it when my kids talk about how much fun they had at DL. My 3 year old that was 2 back then still talks about it every day.

MrsG
08-22-2004, 04:35 PM
I miss it most when the stress of regular life gets to me. Take a 2 minute Disneyland-Daydream break. I know when hubby is feeling stressed when he comes home and says he needs a Disneyland fix! I'm always willing!

Pirate Girl
08-22-2004, 04:50 PM
In the middle of a long work day when Circle of Life comes on the radio. :(

disneyhound
08-22-2004, 05:22 PM
On our fifth day, and our feet are screaming from 100 miles of hard pavement pounding, waiting at our hotel for shuttle back to the airport, knowing we have another year to wait until we can return... :crying:

Nancy
08-22-2004, 06:27 PM
I miss Disneyland everytime I log on to this site! I like to watch old Vault Disney shows when I have a long wait until our next trip. The "I remember that" thing (childhood flashbacks). :)

Dlandmom
08-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Right now! My pass just expired, so now I'm pass-less for a month or more before I get another one. It's not like I would be going during this month since the crowds get heavy and the weather tends to be hot, but when I think about it and realize I can't just go on the spur of the moment, it reminds me how fortunate I am to have a pass at all.

dlandnut
08-23-2004, 08:28 AM
I miss it during summer nights. Sometimes in the early evening, when it's starting to get dark, I think about "Disney at Night" and realize a whole new world is opening up for the evening/darkness. I miss the lights, the smells, the spirit of Disney at night. I miss Fantasmic, the fireworks, people hurrying to get in "one last ride". I miss the sleeping children, worn out from hours in the park, I miss the screams of Splash Mountain, I miss the "Your Attention Please" at each train station as the train approaches. I miss the shops where customers are scurrying to buy that t-shirt before the doors close. I miss the mass exit of guests leaving the park tired, worn out, weary, but sated with the whole Disney experience. I miss Disneyland and can't wait until my next trip (next June, when I turn 50; yes, I'm 1 month older than Disneyland). :)

idesign
08-23-2004, 08:36 AM
or I want to take pictures and I want to bracket the shot...or maybe stop it down more...anyway she gets bored and wants to go on rides.

Oh I know this is off-topic and should be moved so whoever knows how may go ahead and do it. It sounds like there are at least two photographers here so I want to ask. Does "Stopping Down" and other effects work well with Digital cameras? What happens to grain in low-light Digital situations. My camera has a few basic adjustments but not many. Just curious.

Oh! I miss it most on rainy days. I will ditch work on a rainy day just to be there in wet empty streets!

LOYL2DZNY
08-23-2004, 08:55 AM
I miss it every day I'm not there.

hey! that was my answer!!!! :mad: :D :D