PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep

Shell
08-20-2004, 04:57 PM
I toss and turn thinking about my upcoming trip (I leave on Sunday.) I have so many wonderful memories of Disneyland from my childhood and it was Disneyland that saved me in times of sorrow (abusive father-- long story.) Anyhow... I'm taking my nieces with me to build happy memories for them. Recently, during one of my many nights on the Internet planning and seeing so many great things like MousePlanet, I found Walt's dedication speech and I cried. My nieces and son are the young ones he spoke of and I am now the adult who gets to see Disneyland through the eyes of young ones.

It is times like these when we realize how truly lucky we all are. I'd like to thank everyone here who has helped to make my trip so wonderful-- all the ideas, the tips, the advice, and the happy stories. I appreciate MousePlanet.com so much. Thank you.

08-20-2004, 05:10 PM
I know just how you feel! That Disneyland anticipation is better than anything.

Have a terrific trip, Shell. And don't forget to tell us all about it when you return!

Hakuna Makarla
08-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey Shell! I am so thrilled for you. Have a wonderful trip and I will be praying for you all that this is the best time for your neices to! Please tell us all about your trip when you get back ok. How long are you going for? I will probably be gone when you get back but I am so anxious to hear all about your trip, your neices motel, and everything ! :) Be Blessed**Karla

minniemom
08-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Have a wonderful trip Shell and just remember we all would like to be there with you!

SallySkellington
08-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Disneyland insomnia, isn't it wonderfull? :)

Have fun Shell!

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:11 PM
you think you've got it bad? i plan about a hundered trips untill i finally take one and then i cant sleep for about a week in advance...i know the way you feel but your lucky that your night like me....i am a :geek: when it comes to Disney....i mean for heavens sake....i read DL guide books in my free time...i have MAJOR issues!

GrumpyUTboi
08-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Do any of you remember the Disneyland commercial where the kids are up all night preparing for the trip and the parents I believe were in bed dreaming of DL. As for my family and I we will be there in 66 days. Thanks to Laughingplace.com and their count downs. Yipee- ki-yaaaa! Little over 9 weeks left. You have got me all excited, kind of like a puppy dog, you know what a puppy dog does when it gets excited?

missm
08-20-2004, 10:18 PM
I totally remember that commercial. I will be in DL in 15 weeks minus 1 day. I hope you have a great time! Eat a churro for me. I love churros. I wish I had one right now. I always take a Tylenol PM 2 hours before I have to be in bed the night before I leave for DL. I agree with all the compliments of the mouse padders. I have learned so much from everyone on this site.

sdfilmcritic
08-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Do any of you remember the Disneyland commercial where the kids are up all night preparing for the trip and the parents I believe were in bed dreaming of DL. As for my family and I we will be there in 66 days. Thanks to Laughingplace.com and their count downs. Yipee- ki-yaaaa! Little over 9 weeks left. You have got me all excited, kind of like a puppy dog, you know what a puppy dog does when it gets excited?
I must admit that my favorite recent DL commercial is the one with the dog daydreaming about having the whole park to himself.

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 08:25 AM
I must admit that my favorite recent DL commercial is the one with the dog daydreaming about having the whole park to himself.
I admit I'm blonde, but I didn't get that commercial for the longest time. I knew there was a dog and he was in DL, but I didn't understand the point...LOL...I do now, but it's still not my favorite commercial....wait, I don't have a favorite commercial...LOL

SCUBAbe
08-21-2004, 08:29 AM
:) oops...

PsychDoc
08-21-2004, 10:11 AM
I love the dog too. Do they still run that one? I loved it when they put him on TOT