PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member stories

splashmtngurl
05-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Ok then maybe you'll like this one,

a very special cast member helped to make our day a great one,

My two sons ages 7 and 9 just started pin collecting this trip. the 9 year old collects donald duck pins so when he trades he generally looks for donald pins. On the other hand my youngest son,7,collects pretty much everything. he was down to about 1 pin he could trade and when we went into the park he wanted to trade with a cast member for a pin he really liked but the problem was that the only pin he had to trade was already on the cast members lanyard. I am happy to report that he got the pin he wanted and the kind cast member gave him one of the double pins so that he ended up with more then 1 pin to trade. this may seem like a minor addition to special cast member stories but it really made my son's day and i thought that it was an extremly special thing that she did.

~*~*~*Hayley*~*~*~

splashmtngurl
05-24-2004, 03:28 PM
lol oops ignore that! i always miss the links................lol

snappy
08-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I was working the Pretzel cart next to innoventions on my last day at Disneyland. (I'm a CT-Seasonal) This lady wanted to purchase one Mickey Mouse pretzel. The price nowadays is $3.25 with or without cheese. She didn't want the cheese and insisted she should only pay X-amount for the Pretzel. Well I said it was the same price with or without. Steam began shooting out her ears when she insisted she payed less at another pretzel stand. Standing my ground and being polite I told her this is the Disneyland policy. She said, "The hell with you and Disney," and flung the pretzel into my chest! I was actually shocked so I really didn't respond. She took off with her kids. (Nice display of parental modeling) After the incident I was upset a little but figured this lady has issues deeper than a Pretzel and $3.25.

splashmtngurl
08-19-2004, 03:13 PM
An expierience i had last time i visited DL...in lets see.....may! We were waiting in a line to get into a special section of seating at fantasmic and this lady like kept ducking under the rope and trying to get in when the CM wasnt looking....of course that didnt work and she was peeved. then when we finally had the rope drop she shoved one of my little brothers out of the way (he fell on the ground and skinned his knee and pulled her own kids through in front of us saying that she was positive she was ahead of us. Course my mother told her that she owed my brother and everyone that she cut infront of an apology and she started cussing my family out....my mom replied with a "happiest place on earth in't it?" and she shut her mouth but continued to make faces at my little brother the whole show and he took in personally.....its people like this that make expieriences bad.... :(

sdfilmcritic
08-19-2004, 11:28 PM
She said, "The hell with you and Disney," and flung the pretzel into my chest! I was actually shocked so I really didn't respond. She took off with her kids. (Nice display of parental modeling) After the incident I was upset a little but figured this lady has issues deeper than a Pretzel and $3.25.
Should I mention the story about a fellow co-worker of mine back when I was working at LEGOland, CA?
One day I was operating a ride when the attraction to attraction phone rang. I pick up the phone and hear my co-worker crying on the other end. She told me a parent just called her every sexual metaphor and insult in the book (i.e. whore, slut, [deleted], etc.) in front of his child and a line of people because he was mad she would let his kid ride the attraction because the kid was an inch or two short of the height requirement. I, personally, was called a [deleted] idiot for a similar reason. Oh what fun it is to be working attractions on those days. :rolleyes:

stan4d_steph
08-20-2004, 05:52 AM
Just a reminder:

Do you have any interesting stories you'd like to share with our readers? Shoshana Lewin, Cast Place's editor, is interested in hearing from you. Please contact her at castplace@mouseplanet.com.

Thanks.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:57 AM
oo film critic...better watch the language ;)

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-20-2004, 12:02 PM
ummmmmmmm i had a really bad crush on a CM before... :(

CoasterChickie
08-20-2004, 04:01 PM
I bought a chocolate covered strawberry in the little coffee shop next to Goofy's Kitchen. After I took one bite, I dropped it on the floor. The CM felt sorry for me and gave me another one which I thought was very nice of her.

(LOL...Of course I picked up the one I had dropped on the floor and ate it too!! 3 second rule...hee hee)

Disney Vault
08-20-2004, 04:54 PM
I bought a chocolate covered strawberry in the little coffee shop next to Goofy's Kitchen. After I took one bite, I dropped it on the floor. The CM felt sorry for me and gave me another one which I thought was very nice of her.

(LOL...Of course I picked up the one I had dropped on the floor and ate it too!! 3 second rule...hee hee)
LMAO!!! I needed a good laugh.

San Diego
08-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Last September, I went to the first store inside Frontierland and I traded pins with a castmember(I got a Belle pin for my wife). The castmember agreed but after the trade, she kept saying how she was expecting her granddaughter to visit the park later and she had been saving that pin for her. I felt that if that was true, she should not have worn it. She wasn't rude but she kinda whined about it while she was ringing up my purchase.

That's my only negative experience with a cast member.

sdfilmcritic
08-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Last September, I went to the first store inside Frontierland and I traded pins with a castmember(I got a Belle pin for my wife). The castmember agreed but after the trade, she kept saying how she was expecting her granddaughter to visit the park later and she had been saving that pin for her. I felt that if that was true, she should not have worn it. She wasn't rude but she kinda whined about it while she was ringing up my purchase.
What?!?!? No Belle pin for me?!?!?! :crying:

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:07 PM
lol sdfilmcritic...you must really like belle! any particular reason? :~D

oh and sorry about the blip on watching your language....it really was a joke but i got mailed by a moderator all the same and got chewed out :( i hope your not upset.....:p

sdfilmcritic
08-20-2004, 09:14 PM
What bothers me more is that the guest was using those words when he was mad at my co-worker. I was simply posting what he said, and they weren't nice words. Obviously the guy doesn't know about the Thumper rule ("If you got nothing nice to say....). Otherwise, no hard feelings.

P.S. I love Belle because she a) is smart, b) loves to read books, c) has brown hair and is cute [bonus points for brunettes, he! he!], d) has a great singing voice, and e) as a cool bonus I saw Paige O'Hara (Belle's voice) perform as Fantine in Broadway's Les Miserables back in 1994.

All is right with the world.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:17 PM
okay now i get it.....:p....i'm surprised you dont have a girlfriend that is one of the belle's....or do you?

RagtimePrince
08-20-2004, 11:06 PM
I work on argueably the most popular thrill ride at Paramount's Great America, which of course has a height requirement, so that story about a guest cussing someone out for doing his job sure sounds familiar...

One of my pals who works at DL was in the same situation one time and the guest actually [i]ripped his nametag off[/i. I'd say that's a quite a story. :eek:

My favorite story involves a shirt and an encounter with Goofy. Last summer in DCA I was with a friend who loves to visit the characters, which I never really normally do, and I was wearing a shirt that has an old-school Mickey pointing off to the side with the caption "I'm with Goofy," and Goofy noticed it and just totally hammed up a fantastic picture. :)

sdfilmcritic
08-20-2004, 11:15 PM
okay now i get it.....:p....i'm surprised you dont have a girlfriend that is one of the belle's....or do you?
I WISH!!!!! One time I was at DL with a friend of mine who happened to vaguely remember someone who looked a lot like the girl who was playing Belle when we were getting our pictures taken with her. Well, "Belle" recognized my friend and that's when the "vague" recognition was confirmed. The two of them had attended the same church together. I begged my friend, even to this day, of hooking me up with her. My friend claims they haven't seen each other since that day at DL. :crying: In one of the other threads I asked for handouts [from an Entertainment CM] but no one has replied yet. :( I must suffer through this pathetic obsession.

Okay. Crazy talk is over. :p Let's move on to more great CM stories, shall we?

Niwel
08-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Let's move on to more great CM stories, shall we?

And don't forget to send them to Cast Place ;) (see sig line)....

SoCalSnowWhite
08-25-2004, 03:42 PM
ummmmmmmm i had a really bad crush on a CM before... :(

Her loss!! ;)

snappy
08-28-2004, 05:31 PM
When children approach my popcorn cart I usually will offer them a sample of the popcorn.(if they seem interested in the popcorn and not the little man in the case,j/K) Their eyes will light up like no other and they end up running back to their parents. On numerous occasions they would return back to my cart and purchase a bucket. The parents will usually thank me. It's the little things we do as CM that leaves a lasting impression..

Disney Vault
08-28-2004, 06:41 PM
When children approach my popcorn cart I usually will offer them a sample of the popcorn.(if they seem interested in the popcorn and not the little man in the case,j/K) Their eyes will light up like no other and they end up running back to their parents. On numerous occasions they would return back to my cart and purchase a bucket. The parents will usually thank me. It's the little things we do as CM that leaves a lasting impression..
It seems so simple but it can make such a difference in someones visit.

cstephens
08-29-2004, 10:34 PM

I understand that you're doing this to be nice with no bad intentions, but depending on the age of the children, I'm not sure I think it's necessarily a good thing that children are accepting popcorn from a total stranger. I guess it depends on whether the parents are watching them and know that their child is accepting the popcorn.

ArthurBang
08-30-2004, 12:43 AM
I met the funniest little girl the other day at work. She came into the store where I work and was with her mother. I had noticed during the conversation that she had a bottle of water with her and a napkin, and that she kept wetting the napkin and rubbing it on her arms.

It turns out , they had gone to It's Tough To Be A Bug and after "getting sprayed with acid" the girl was trying her best to get all of it off of her. The mom was trying to tell her that it wouldn't burn her. The funny (and sort of sad thing) is that the girl didn't even want to stay at the park anymore. She kept saying she wanted to go home and take a bath.

splashmtngurl
08-30-2004, 04:58 PM
AWWW that's so cute!

yeah the little things CM's do really do make a difference.

Numerous times by brothers and i have sat in the front of the monarail (which is like way fun ;) ) and although lots of people get to share the expierience as well, its that cast members that really make it special. On our last trip the CM driving the train carried on a wonderful conversation with us, acting as if we had known each other for all our lives and questioning us on how our trip was going and where we lived and such! It was great because when we got off he gave us some sort of coupon for the ESPN zone in downtown disney and that really made my brothers day( i'm not really into the whole arcade scene) anyway, perhaps its something that you cast members do all the time but it was special all the same!

sdfilmcritic
08-31-2004, 12:24 AM
I thought the CM operating King Arthur's Carousel last Sunday night (8/29) was cute. :D I was up there with family for my neice's birthday and we were one of the last guests to board the carousel. Since our group included a baby (my nephew) and a four year (my neice) we were moving rather slowly just to make sure my neice got a horse and was strapped in safely. Well, we moved too slowly so my mom and I didn't have anywhere to sit and it would be to crowded to stand between horses. So, the two of us hopped off the carousel to move to the exit and watch my sister and her family ride. The CM was kind to help us out with anything, but we didn't want to make a big deal out of the situation, so she unlocked the exit for us to head out. I didn't know the exits were magnetically locked. Not only did I learn something new, but the exit gave me a chance to check out the CM some more. ;) Oh, the lifestyle of living single.