PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass idea

Pages : [1] 2

Disneynerd
08-20-2004, 06:28 AM
I'm new to Mouseplanet - what a great site!
I had an idea and please tell me if this is crazy. Don't you think it would be more efficient for guests if Disneyland had one main fastpass kiosk near the hub or info board that includes all the machines for fast pass attractions? This way you wouldn't have to run from attraction to attraction. What do you think?

sleepyjeff
08-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Welcome to MP; you should really like it here, as most everyone is eager to help. Not a bad idea with the FP being in just one place.......but a better idea would be to eliminate them altogether :)

stan4d_steph
08-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Welcome disneynerd. It's not a crazy idea, and has been suggested before. It sounds like a good idea, but I think ultimately it would cause more problems with crowding in the area.

SallySkellington
08-20-2004, 07:54 AM
I had an idea and please tell me if this is crazy. Don't you think it would be more efficient for guests if Disneyland had one main fastpass kiosk near the hub or info board that includes all the machines for fast pass attractions? This way you wouldn't have to run from attraction to attraction. What do you think?

I nominate Disneynerd to be vice-president under Cast Member Matt. :D

Welcome, Disneynerd!

Disneyfreak
08-20-2004, 08:15 AM
It wouldn't work at all. This wont fill lines up and it will only cause a huge bottleneck in that one spot you would have all the fastpass machines.

Disney Vault
08-20-2004, 08:24 AM
I nominate Disneynerd to be vice-president under Cast Member Matt. :D

Welcome, Disneynerd!
Isnt Greg something the vice president under Matt right now? And isnt he doing a great job too?

Disneynerd
08-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I guess it would create a huge traffic jam. Oh well, a girl can dream.

sediment
08-20-2004, 09:05 AM
I think having all-purpose fastpass machines is a good idea, but all over the park, not just in one place. How big of a kiosk would that have to be?
The third biggest thing that bugs me about FastPass is that it about doubles the amount of walking.
I prefer none at all, and ticket-buyers-only if not that.
Here's an interesting idea, not unlike what Universal used to do a long time ago: suggest a schedule, based on entrance time. Provide fastpasses to all rides with the admission medium, based on the entrance time and the current lines and such. You wouldn't have to follow the suggestion.

Here's another one, so FastPass isn't wasted by giving guests things they won't ever use:
A kiosk that you enter some punch card with preferred rides punched out, and the kiosk provides fastpass for only the rides you want, would be pretty sweet.
For example, say you enter the park, and you are given a punch card to punch out (or a number two pencil kind of thing). You punch out Splash, Roger Rabbit, and BTMRR. You enter the punch card, and out pop three fast passes, all at nicely spaced times. Multiple uses -- I haven't figured this one out yet.

Fan of the Mouse
08-20-2004, 09:25 AM
It's not a crazy idea, and has been suggested before. It sounds like a good idea, but I think ultimately it would cause more problems with crowding in the area.

Then they could put it in Tomorrowland :)

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:32 AM
wow sediment, well said! you must have a lot of freetime on your hands....sitting around and planning out stuff for DL! (i do it to but dont tell ;) ) you really should be working for Disney...your ideas are excellent....hey if you ever try tp pass that motion i second it! :)

sediment
08-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I already have a job: bumming people out. (*See new sig line.)
And it pays very well, since I get a commission from MP for each person I induce to register just for the purpose of chewing me out!

SallySkellington
08-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Isnt Greg something the vice president under Matt right now? And isnt he doing a great job too?

I was kidding about the vice-president thing. I just think the fastpass idea was good. And if you want bottleneck, I have one word for you- Adventureland. It's murder trying to fight your way through there just for a HMH fastpass. That's why I like the idea of a centralized station.

Oh, well. JMHO.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:42 AM
oh sorry sediment didnt realise you got so much enjoyment out of that position.....thought you might like to do something....well er....constructive persay!!!!! ;)

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-20-2004, 09:42 AM
what if they had a seperate lines for AP's...i dunno im new here and this is my first post. but yeah i thought that that could be an idea to help lines instead of fastpass :D

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:43 AM
AWESOME two new-comers.....welcome disneynerd and XgrimmX

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-20-2004, 09:47 AM
thanks! im glad to be here...but yeah i heard that they were taking out all the fastpass except for splash mtn, space mtn, and the haunted mansion (only to be used for the holiday season) is that true?

SallySkellington
08-20-2004, 09:49 AM
thanks! im glad to be here...but yeah i heard that they were taking out all the fastpass except for splash mtn, space mtn, and the haunted mansion (only to be used for the holiday season) is that true?

God, I hope not.

A hello and a howdy to ya, XgrimmX!

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:50 AM
*gasp* when did you here that? Disney cant do that.....crowds will be way to heavy then...nooooo this cant happen i might die ARGHHHHHHHH! :(

Disney Vault
08-20-2004, 10:42 AM
what if they had a seperate lines for AP's...i dunno im new here and this is my first post. but yeah i thought that that could be an idea to help lines instead of fastpass :D
Only if the regilar line was like the fastpass line and the AP line was like the stand-by line.

missm
08-20-2004, 10:55 AM

THere was a thread about this a few weeks ago. I have no idea how to pull up threads. Maybe someone can tell me how. There were some really good points made in the thread though. I love the idea of the central fastpass hub. But can see how it would cause crowd problems. They should set up a pre-order thing for fastpasses. Through the phone and the internet. Then when you arrive for your trip you can pick up your fastpasses at a distibution point. They need to do something about fastpass. Last time I went AAA accidentaly gave us the unlimited fastpass tickets even though we hadn't booked our whole vacation through them. I thought I was the luckyest (sp) in the world. I would go to the park early with our tickets and walk around and get all of our fastpasses for the day. It made my trip easier.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-20-2004, 11:05 AM
yeah im getting tired of having to put up with a lot of the hassle of fast passing, call me wierd but i kinda dont mind waiting in lines. it kinda brings back memories: meeting the people in front or in back of you, and just being a little bit more social. now-a-days everyone is bent on doing as much as they can as quickly as possible. people are forgetting the true reason to go to the park in the first place to RELAX!!! hahaha its just so funny to see people so bent outta shape cause they wait in a line. :D calm down, and start a conversation with someone in line...its called meeting new people, we should all try it out sometime. ;)

DisneylandForever
08-20-2004, 11:05 AM
And if you want bottleneck, I have one word for you- Adventureland. It's murder trying to fight your way through there just for a HMH fastpass. That's why I like the idea of a centralized station.

I agree about the bottleneck between the bathrooms and the Oasis, but if getting to the HMH for a fastpass is your only concern, try taking Frontierland. Even when BTMRR is open, that stretch past the Golden Horsehoe and along the ROA is a much brisker walk!

I personally dislike the centralized station idea, because if the HUGE line there would be. If they were scattered all over though then that's fine. But IMO I am fine with the way they are now.

disneyperson
08-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Then they could put it in Tomorrowland :)
great suggedtion, no one is there now.

jasonpbyu
08-20-2004, 12:22 PM

you can only have one at a time though, so you'd go to one ride, then back to the kiosk, then to another, then back to the kiosk, so you're still running all over the park.

getting rid of them is not a good idea. just dont let season pass holders use them, let the people that may only come once every 2 or 3 years use them.

Susan L
08-20-2004, 03:11 PM
you can only have one at a time though, so you'd go to one ride, then back to the kiosk, then to another, then back to the kiosk, so you're still running all over the park.

getting rid of them is not a good idea. just dont let season pass holders use them, let the people that may only come once every 2 or 3 years use them.

There you go I like that idea, us who go only once a year or so shell out the really big bucks to be there. They also took early admission away from us, what's up with that?