PDA

View Full Version : Final Day Millionaire Meet?

timl33
08-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Anyone planning on going to the final showings of Millionaire before it goes dark? I'll be up in the OC tomorrow and will try to get away from work for the last few showings.

timl33
08-20-2004, 07:18 AM
All righty, well if anyone shows up, I'll be wearing my 1,000 point winner hat and a white America's Finest City 1/2 Marathon T-shirt.

Christiii
08-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Im so sos so sorry I wont be there!!My mom and I were planning to come this week (Millionaire is her favoritething ever..she has been in the hotseet twice and got up to 18K, go mom!!)...but I ended up gettin a viral infection with a slight case of mono..yippie!! I couldnt believe it...for the last week of Millionaire!! I am a grown woman, and own a boutique in town...but I was more upset about missng Millionaire than running my shoppe..hehe...This is just such a sad thing..I cant believe there are not more posts about this!! It was such a fun, interactive game..and different everytime..such a grerat idea for a park. My mom and I were even there when during the Rose bowl regis came out and hosted!! My mom is a huge Reg fan so just about died...how kewl was that to see Reg walk out and host the whole game!!!!
Tim..Im sorry I couldnt meet ya there....please reprresent for all of out Padders!!
DCA will just not be the same..I sure hope they have big plans for that area SOON!! Millionaire was always the reason we went to DCA..its always nice to go and check just how dumb you are feeling today :-)
Millionaire RIP...I miss you already!!

timl33
08-21-2004, 11:41 AM
No worries Christiii. I had fun anyways.

I showed up for the 1PM showing and was able to catch the rest of them, though it was quite crowded. Tons of regulars there. I met one in the queue and she invited me up to hang out with the Millionaire regulars in the top row. I was on the board twice, getting as high as 4th during one of the breaks, but missing the same question the contestant got wrong.

On the 2nd show, I got up to 2nd on the board during a break, and that's the highest I'd ever get. The other shows were fun to see. The regulars were pretty rowdy and enthusiastic. I believe it was at the 4PM show where one contestant made it to the Million point question before losing (How many Earth days does it take Mercury to orbit the sun?) It would have been really nice to see him win.

Well, even though I wasn't much of a regular, I was really glad that I was able to make it into the hotseat back in November. If I never made it, I'm sure I would have kicked myself for it. Good memories and best wishes to the cast as they move on from here.

ToursbabeC3po
08-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Wow! I was completely unaware that it was closing! Are they putting the "Rockin Roll Roller coaster" there like I had heard many of Rumor? If so it will be worth it! I really liked the Millionaire show and so did my kids it will be missed!
Toursbabe :-)