PDA

View Full Version : Hojo rooms

missuniverse78
08-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Can someone tell me which rooms at hojo are the best ones to book. Which ones are bigger, better views, etc. Which building has the best rooms? :D Thanks

SCUBAbe
08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
we'll be staying there on 8/27-8/29. We were told we have a balcony with a disney view. I'll let you know how it was after next weekend, but for $64.00 a night I probably won't complain...:)

splashmtngurl
08-19-2004, 11:32 AM
i would have to say that the larger building has some of the larger rooms but the individual building offer more private rooms and a quiter atmosphere. The best View would probably one of the building towards the back of the complex....there is a smaller pool over in that area thats much more private but does not offer a little kids play area. So you kind of have to figure out which is at the top of your priority list....we stayed in building numer #4 which is right outside the larger pool and we found that you didnt hear too much traffic and it was fairly clean and the rooms were large enough for our family of five to fit into...not to mention that it was a pretty good price. Having a nice room is well nice but most likley you wont be in your room very much (unless you have little ones) and so it would be far better to make do with a little bit smaller room to save money. Hope that helps!

LOYL2DZNY
08-19-2004, 12:13 PM
not sure of room views, but at mousesavers.com, they have a good deal running.

hefferdude
08-19-2004, 12:24 PM
We stay at HJ often and prefer Building 2 as all the rooms face inward towards the "quiet pool". The best "views" of Dland would be Building 1 facing west ( away from I5 and towards Dland ) third floor or above. Caveat - building 1 has certain floors dedicated to smokers :( . The pavilion rooms are building 3,4,5,6 centrally located and are fine as well but are only 2 story. The upper floor of each of these has a higher arched ceiling. More visual "breathing room". You can link to room diagrams at
http://www.hojoanaheim.com/pdf/room_layouts.pdf
Also, the only shuttle service is the ARTS at $3/day/person. Otherwise the walk is a mere 10 minutes. Enjoy! :)

bassett1976
08-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Mrs Bassett & I stayed at the HoJo last week. We had a room on the fifth floor of the first building with the theme park view. Nice room with a lot of room and a private balcony. The cost was about $85 a night but we booked at the last minute and let a better deal get away from us. The room was noisy to our liking though, that was the drawback to our room. The cool part was watching the fireworks through the trees from our room/balcony.

Make sure to get the room that has a theme park view as the other rooms in building one face the freeway and that noise would be a lot worst.

SCUBAbe
08-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Mrs Bassett & I stayed at the HoJo last week. We had a room on the fifth floor of the first building with the theme park view. Nice room with a lot of room and a private balcony. The cost was about $85 a night but we booked at the last minute and let a better deal get away from us. The room was noisy to our liking though, that was the drawback to our room. The cool part was watching the fireworks through the trees from our room/balcony.

Make sure to get the room that has a theme park view as the other rooms in building one face the freeway and that noise would be a lot worst.
could you see the fireworks really well or were they mostly blocked by the trees? I was going to bring my tripod to set upon the balcony to capture the fireworks.

bassett1976
08-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Our room (I believe 1501) was blocked but you could see through. I thought that if you moved down to the middle rooms on the floor that you could possibly see better and it might also be a little more quiet. I would think that some of the trees don't block the fireworks show. I also thought it would be cool to watch the fireworks from the pool/jacuzzi area but so did 20 other people.

SCUBAbe
08-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Our room (I believe 1501) was blocked but you could see through. I thought that if you moved down to the middle rooms on the floor that you could possibly see better and it might also be a little more quiet. I would think that some of the trees don't block the fireworks show. I also thought it would be cool to watch the fireworks from the pool/jacuzzi area but so did 20 other people.
we went up to the pool at the carousel, but it was really crowded. We ended up going intothe breakfast room and had a great view, but ti was otin there...LOL. I guess I'll bring the tripod just iin case. I really wanted to tey using the bulb and getting several fireworks on one frame...:)

Darkbeer
08-19-2004, 05:27 PM
If you have ANY questions regarding HoJo's, please feel free to write the Sales and Marketing Director, and give him as much information that yo can, and what you are looking for (aka priorities)... is a large room more important than a theme park view, etc.....

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

He will do his best to make sure you enjoy your stay at HoJo Anaheim (along with the rest of the great staff they have...)

CarlieB
08-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Last time we stayed there (2000) we were in Building 2 with a nice view of the quieter pool and a balcony. It was lovely. I think this time we'll end up in Building 1 though, as one group in our party has requested one of the larger rooms. It doesn't bother me - it will be interesting to compare rooms. I'm also looking forward to checking out the refurbed pool area:)

rentayenta
08-19-2004, 06:43 PM
If you have ANY questions regarding HoJo's, please feel free to write the Sales and Marketing Director, and give him as much information that yo can, and what you are looking for (aka priorities)... is a large room more important than a theme park view, etc.....

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

He will do his best to make sure you enjoy your stay at HoJo Anaheim (along with the rest of the great staff they have...)

This is so true. I contacted him a while ago about a room over Christmas. He said we would have a large room with a balcony and a view of the park where we could see the fireworks in case we left the park. He also threw in a roll-away bed at no extra charge. He gave us a fantastic rate and took care of our reservation himself. I am planning on bringing him a thank you gift for being so great.

missuniverse78
08-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks for all the great tips!!!!! I've already written to william, Thanks Darkbeer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll let you guys know what Will has to offer me. Thanks again :D

Darkbeer
08-20-2004, 12:09 AM
^ Let's keep the "private" offers private, as I said, Mr. Simpson will do the best he can do, and that is very much dependent on how booked the hotel is, and that is very hard to call...

As I said earlier, he will do the best he can..... and that usually is very good:fez:

But as this thread started... the best place to go for the info is the source..... And I would rather have Willie answer you personally than try and second guess him.....:cool:

missuniverse78
08-20-2004, 09:45 AM
Totally agreed!!!!!! Thanks again.

splashmtngurl
08-20-2004, 09:48 AM
i like hojo cause it's close to mimi's.....best french onion soup like ever!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 01:05 PM
We stayed there in May, and are booked again in November. I contacted Will and he hooked us up with a room in the newer building towards the quieter pool. In May the kids pool was too cold to swim anyway. It is a nice hotel and you cannot beat the price!

Hojoanaheim
08-29-2004, 09:09 PM
We will be trimming the large pine trees next to Building 1 to improve fireworks viewing once the weather gets a bit cooler (so the sap doesn't drip so much). The Main Pool area also provides wonderful fireworks viewing.

jrsharp21
08-29-2004, 09:34 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very cool to see some of the people at the surrounding businesses interact on the board.

SCUBAbe
08-30-2004, 08:22 PM
We had a great experience at Ho Jos' We could see the fireworks very clearly from our balcony. There was a slight mix up with our resrevation, but we received a complimentray upgrade. All the staff was evry nice. We did have a slight problem with the maid. The front desk told us to leave her a note requesting extra towels and washclothes. She didn't leave extras, but the note was gone. We figured she may not be able to read english. We called down to the front desk and they had extras brought up in less than 10 min. Overall it was a great experience. :) So, far the best off propery hotels we have stayed at is Ho Jo's and the marriott. :)