PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland Fastpass

Ace
11-15-2001, 04:44 PM
What would be the downside to fastpasses in fantasy land, on the dark rides? they could have a bank of them for Mr Toad, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinnochio, and Especially Alice in Wonderland at one location. I ove those rides, but I hate hate hate the lines (especially for AIW!!! It's always an hour or so long)... would this not be possible with the low capacity of these rides? and are you guys for or against this?

pixiepal
11-15-2001, 06:16 PM
I think it would be a good idea as long as it is one machine at a central location....well-themed, of course (as only Disney could do). Fantasyland is too cramped for multiple machines....besides, it would look hideous!!!
BTW, on a side-note....I was at Dland back in August, and almost cried when I saw what they did with the line at the Matterhorn. IT TOTALLY ruins that area. Is it still like this, and will they change it back?!?!?!:crying:

Not Afraid
11-15-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal
BTW, on a side-note....I was at Dland back in August, and almost cried when I saw what they did with the line at the Matterhorn. IT TOTALLY ruins that area. Is it still like this, and will they change it back?!?!?!:crying:

Read the Matterhorn A or B? Thread for queue info.

blubayou33
11-16-2001, 08:14 AM
My only problem with fastpassing the dark rides is where do you put the fastpass line? Disney would have to totally reconfigure those areas and I doubt they are going to spend the time/money to do that. But if someone could to it tastefully in a minimal amount of space, I'm all for it. (Especially if special assistance guests could utilize the fastpass line)

Thomas
11-16-2001, 08:05 PM
Fantasyland does not need to have FastPass. The lines are only long during the day when all the kids are there. That's why I go at night with my kids. The lines are a lot shorter, especially on Pinnochio and Snow White, you just walk right on. Peter Pan 15 minutes tops. Mr. Toad same. Alice, depends. PLEASE do not put Fastpass here.

Napsto
11-16-2001, 10:10 PM
fantasy land does not need it.

coronamouseman
11-17-2001, 07:48 AM
If you put all of the "dark ride" fastpass machines in one place, won't you now have another line forming for them? So you would wait 10 min for a fastpass and then potentially wait another 10 min in the fastpass line before boarding the ride - that would not make much sense if the standby line was 25 min or so, especially if the fastpass distribution site was removed from the general area where the rides are located........

At least when the fastpass distribution is near the ride itself you can judge whether the standby time is short enough to not need fastpass .........

Agree with those that believe fastpass is not needed for fantasyland .....

FEJ
11-17-2001, 08:46 AM
Anyway, There is no room for FastPass in Fantasyland...

Ace
11-17-2001, 10:39 AM
yeah, you guys are probably right....but the line for Alice is always so long! Wanna know why? it's the best ride, that's why. Peter Pan is always long... and Mr. Toads...fuggedaboutit. ha ha, I've always wanted to say that. But I think we all agree.... NO PAYING FOR FASTPASS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM!!

Uncle Dick
11-17-2001, 02:24 PM
Aside from the Fantasyland rides not needing Fastpass, I think there are too many Fastpass attractions already. Both Pirates and Star Tours don't really need it, and the ability to only hold a single ticket at a time makes it difficult to hit a whole lot of major attractions in a row. Fastpass is great when only applied to a few of the busiest attractions in the park but Fastpassing the whole place would defeat the purpose of the system.

DisneylandPort
11-18-2001, 01:42 PM
is matterhorn getting a fastpass anytime soon?

http://www.disneylandport.com

Uncle Dick
11-18-2001, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandPort
is matterhorn getting a fastpass anytime soon?

http://www.disneylandport.com

I hope not. It's already had a huge amount of downtime this year. Installing Fastpass would mean another temporary closure, which is not good considering the already heavy refurb schedule. And the Matterhorn line moves pretty well. IMHO, they should remove Fastpass from places where it's useless before they start installing new machines.