PDA

View Full Version : September visit

dasrock
08-19-2004, 02:11 AM
Our trip is coming up soon.
I was wondering how busy is September?
Previous trips by months:
October: very busy and hottt
July: very very busy and super hot, we must have spent $60 on water!
June: busy but nice
May: was nice not too busy.

I remeber going to Disneyland in my 20's during Thanksgiving- There was less than 200 people in the park....it was great!

sdfilmcritic
08-19-2004, 02:18 AM
It was busy and hot on your previous trip in the month of October? When I went last year toward the end of October and the beginning of November it was cool and a pretty small crowd. In some of my vacation pictures you actually see me wearing a hat and sweatshirt and drenched from the rain. It seems kind of odd that I went when it was raining and light crownd you had an opposite experience.

stan4d_steph
08-19-2004, 04:52 AM
Did you go over Columbus Day weekend last year? The crowds tend to be heavier that weekend due to it being a 3-day weekend for some.

minniemom
08-19-2004, 07:23 AM
When were you there in October last year? If it was mid Oct, I was there too. Came home on the 20th. I would agree with you it was a lot busier than I thought it would be, but I remember splash and space mountains were down, not to mention big thunder. The park was also on extended hour because there was so much closed. I also remember a CM telling me she had heard several people from several different states say they were on fall breaks from school. The weather was a lot hotter than what we thought it would be. Does anyone else remember this? This year we are going the last week in sept to try and avoid the craziness.

MrsG
08-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I remeber going to Disneyland in my 20's during Thanksgiving- There was less than 200 people in the park....it was great!

Too bad those days are gone!

Tutter
08-19-2004, 07:37 AM
I'm going Labor Day weekend - I don't kow how busy it will be really? Anyone any ideas?

GrumpyUTboi
08-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Busy and hot form my experience. The last week of Oct Utah schools are out the 27th and 28th. I know that many families migrate to DL during this time, kind of like what we are doing except we were going to celebrate a birthday.

Mukta
08-19-2004, 08:31 AM
September will not be too bad. It depends if you are going on weekdays or weekends. Weekdays the crowds are light but the weather can still be quite hot. Labor day weekend, the crowds are heavy.
The heat is a dry heat by fall, so I recommend an umbrella for instant shade. It really helps.

sami869
08-19-2004, 08:36 AM
It will probably still be rather hot in September (although bring a sweatshirt the weather down there can surprise you) and chances are it will still be pretty busy. Not nearly as insanely busy as July. I'm just not understanding how it was very hot and busy when you went in October. We have gone twice during October and it was cold (it even rained :( ) and the crowds were pretty light. *shrugs* I guess we were just lucky.

christina
08-19-2004, 02:05 PM
I've gone to Disneyland the last two years around the end of September and the weather and crowds weren't bad at all. Kind of hot during the day but very nice in the evenings. As for the crowds, we went during the week and it was great.

minniemom
08-19-2004, 08:42 PM
We are going 9/28-10/2 was it like walk up to rides and get on great?

drjones
08-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I Love sept and oct @ Disneyland. Not many people there. It's like my very own theme park with only several hundred of my friends that i don't know

christina
08-21-2004, 01:54 PM
We are going 9/28-10/2 was it like walk up to rides and get on great?
I think the most we had to wait was 20-30 minutes for rides like splash, Indy and Peter pan right in the middle of the afternoon.

minniemom
08-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Christina,

That sounds great to me. I hope this is true this year!