PDA

View Full Version : Open Thank You Note to all Millionaire CMs!

KarenW2
08-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Don't know if there are any Millionaire CMs frequenting this BB, but if there are, we just wanted to send out a great big THANK YOU note to all of you for a job well done! We made it up to DCA today for the last 2 games, our last 2 as well, since we can't be there Thursday or Friday. We really enjoyed all your hard work and are really sorry they're closing the attraction down on Friday.

Today was David's last day as host/floor manager and we gave him a standing ovation at the 5 pm show. We thought he, Mark, Elise, Ellen, Ken, Jordan, Gary, Christy, etc. did a great job as hosts/floor managers and really appreciated the fun and irreverant sense of humor displayed during the shows. The kids who worked the queue did a great job and were very entertaining as well. The prizes were fun to receive too.

Thanks again and we will miss you!!

imagineerhopeful
08-18-2004, 11:50 PM
That was genuinely first class, KarenW2.

The CMs that staffed that attracton did so much more than stand and point people to their seats. Millionaire was one of the only attractions where I actually spoke to the CMs as friends. The excitement they gave to countless guests amounted to none other than (gasp! at DCA?? no way!) Disney Magic.

I'm very disheartened to hear of the closure. It was so much more than a simple attraction, TV fad, or game show.

Thank you Millionaire Cast Members.

Cloud Buster
08-19-2004, 01:48 AM
For me it's a plus -- it's one less location I have to worry about. Now if only they'd close the Hyperion...

:)

sdfilmcritic
08-19-2004, 01:50 AM
For me it's a plus -- it's one less location I have to worry about. Now if only they'd close the Hyperion...
I highly doubt they would close Hyperion. Because it's a fully operational, and professional stage theater there are many possibilities to host live events there in the future. Just like the AMC movie theater in Downtown Disney hosted it's first movie premiere the other weekend (for Princess Diaries 2) I sure Hyperion will be used for Disney awards shows like maybe the Teachers Awards they host every year. In the meantime why should they let the theater go to waste by keeping it empty?

Joeyjoe325
08-19-2004, 08:41 PM
I will miss this attraction. It was a nice resting spot away from the crowds and the rides...plus it made me think. I only made it to the hot seat once last December. It was something different to do when we get to go to DL (about once a year). I think my host was Elise...she was awesome. I made it to 125,000 and than my mom was in the hot seat. I will really miss this and wish they would not get rid of it.

Niwel
08-19-2004, 10:10 PM
I was always THISCLOSE -- anyone else?
Too bad it wasn't all Disney trivia, like on the cruise line. I will miss it -- it was a nice break in the day. That back area will be like a ghost town, watch out for tumbleweeds....

Cloud Buster
08-19-2004, 11:11 PM
I highly doubt they would close Hyperion. Because it's a fully operational, and professional stage theater there are many possibilities to host live events there in the future. Just like the AMC movie theater in Downtown Disney hosted it's first movie premiere the other weekend (for Princess Diaries 2) I sure Hyperion will be used for Disney awards shows like maybe the Teachers Awards they host every year. In the meantime why should they let the theater go to waste by keeping it empty?

It was a joke. But incase you don't know, the Hyperion is anything but "professional"....hence my not-so-secret desire to see it disappear.

sdfilmcritic
08-19-2004, 11:31 PM
It was a joke. But incase you don't know, the Hyperion is anything but "professional"....hence my not-so-secret desire to see it disappear.
Oh. :|

luvsdca
08-20-2004, 06:38 AM
That was genuinely first class, KarenW2..

Agreed - Thanks for starting the thread.

Thank you Millionaire Cast Members.
The Cast Members are GOLD.

That goes for all the Cast Members!

Thank you to the hosts who could calm and encourage the excited and nervous contestants while keeping the audience engaged and entertained.

Thank you to the wonderful Cast Members who assisted and guided guests, who entertained us all with the Ring-of-Fire competitions while we waited in line and could even make "The Rules" speil funny. And who could find some VERY interesting Complete Strangers...

Thank you to all the backstage professionals who worked so hard to keep the show running so smoothly - to the terrific sound and camera technicians and the amazing producers and directors. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it was to do 2.5 hours of a live-and-mostly-unrehearsed show every day. But please know that you were appreciated.

I'm sad that the attraction is going away, but I console myself by looking forward to seeing the smiling faces of the Millionaire Cast Members elsewhere in the DLR. They were what I came to see. They MADE the show!

Thank you all.

SallySkellington
08-20-2004, 08:01 AM
I was always THISCLOSE -- anyone else?
Too bad it wasn't all Disney trivia, like on the cruise line. I will miss it -- it was a nice break in the day. That back area will be like a ghost town, watch out for tumbleweeds....

My mom was #1 once, but it was at the end of the show when they weren't picking people anymore. I think I was #1 once, too, but they weren't picking then either. And my brother always seemed to be #2 or #3.

Now we'll never have another chance to get into the hot seat. :mad:

Good-bye, Millionaire CM's. We'll miss you!